PDA

View Full Version : Dusty in Hospital, to miss finale at Wrigley

Reds
09-20-2012, 03:29 AM
thought I'd pass this along. hopefully he is well soon.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2012/09/20/baker-has-irregular-heart-beat/

Stray
09-20-2012, 03:36 AM
Hopefully the tests tomorrow come back positive. I don't know anything about irregular heartbeats, but it sounds better knowing that it's not a new issue. Hope he can get better soon.

jhiller21
09-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Lord knows this team has done enough under his tenure here to cause heart problems. Now that we're looking up... Ahh I won't say it. Get well ASAP Dusty.

dubc47834
09-20-2012, 08:41 AM
He probly read these message boards for the 1st time....Get well soon Dusty!!!

bounty37h
09-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Makes me think of "Major League", wonder if he will be standing up on his bed in the hospital listening to it through earbuds.

texasdave
09-20-2012, 11:18 AM
I wonder if the Reds win it all that Dusty doesn't up and call it a career. Two World Series Champions, Two Managers and Two See-yas.

alett12
09-20-2012, 12:06 PM
I wonder if the Reds win it all that Dusty doesn't up and call it a career. Two World Series Champions, Two Managers and Two See-yas.

Last time I checked Dusty lost the WS when he was the Giants manager. But I think with this happening and the fact that he has a very young son that he could very well retire either way just to spend time with his son.

texasdave
09-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Last time I checked Dusty lost the WS when he was the Giants manager. But I think with this happening and the fact that he has a very young son that he could very well retire either way just to spend time with his son.

Maybe I did not make my point clearly. LaRussa won last year and retired. Maybe Baker wins this year and retires. I never meant that this would be his second World Championship. Sorry if that was unclear.

MrRedLegger
09-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Dusty you are in our thoughts and prayers.

alett12
09-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Maybe I did not make my point clearly. LaRussa won last year and retired. Maybe Baker wins this year and retires. I never meant that this would be his second World Championship. Sorry if that was unclear.

Ok, the way it was written kind of made it read that way so it's my bad I see what you were going for now.

EMAW
09-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Sounding a little more serious than I originally thought. He is staying overnight again in the hospital and might come back to Cincinnati tomorrow. Will be very surprised if Dusty does NOT retire:(.

Maker_84
09-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Hopefully this gives the Reds extra incentive to play harder for Dusty in the playoffs

EMAW
09-20-2012, 07:50 PM
Hopefully this gives the Reds extra incentive to play harder for Dusty in the playoffs

Agree and he is the kind of guy the players will go the extra mile for. Bob C may have been right when he said he planned on Dusty be with organization for a long time. See him doing some advisory stuff to front office types next year. Speier makes sense as manager.

Ironman92
09-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Get better Dusty!

jhiller21
09-21-2012, 02:07 AM
I like Speier, but I'm pulling for Dusty to come back and manage this team to the WS.

Say what you want, but he's gotten us where we are. Those guys bust their butts for Dusty, and they respect him, a lot.

MrRedLegger
09-21-2012, 03:01 AM
The health of Dusty Baker is more important than a baseball team

Helms1
09-21-2012, 12:20 PM
So you assume he has atrial fibrillation. Probably his shortness of breath and cough was due to poor rate control or rapid rate and transient heart failure or fluid accumulation. He should be fine and geared to go as soon as his medicines are tuned and his blood thinned IF he has a normal heart anatomy. Pretty common stuff, often do not even admit new onset atrial fibrillation. But I'm guessing.

dubc47834
09-21-2012, 01:35 PM
So you assume he has atrial fibrillation. Probably his shortness of breath and cough was due to poor rate control or rapid rate and transient heart failure or fluid accumulation. He should be fine and geared to go as soon as his medicines are tuned and his blood thinned IF he has a normal heart anatomy. Pretty common stuff, often do not even admit new onset atrial fibrillation. But I'm guessing.

Thanks Doogie Houser!!!

Helms1
09-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Thanks Doogie Houser!!!

You are welcome, but I'll tell you a secret, if I were young again I'd go into radiology like I was told. But all kidding aside, anything released on his condition? If not I'll stick by my prediction. But I would have never gotten 95 or greater wins this year so have the salt ready.