PDA

View Full Version : Why not put Bruce in center?

alett12
09-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Dusty has said he will not play Bruce in CF with Stubbs sucking it up going into the playoffs so that Frazier and Ludwick could play the corners, I know Bruce hasn't played CF since the Reds traded Junior but can anyone else give me a good reason that is a bad idea?

Trajinous
09-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Dusty has said he will not play Bruce in CF with Stubbs sucking it up going into the playoffs so that Frazier and Ludwick could play the corners, I know Bruce hasn't played CF since the Reds traded Junior but can anyone else give me a good reason that is a bad idea?

No. It's the "Dusty" way. Ludwick may be hurt and need a few days off so Frazier will get his ABs anyways. I hope Stubbs gets hot because if Bruce and Stubbs get a streak going, the Reds will be the best team in the NL.

alett12
09-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Honestly I'm only asking this because of the fact that dusty refuses to give Heisey the CF spot and that is very true I would much rather see Frazier in the OF over Ludwick if Rolen is going to start at 3B

dubc47834
09-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Honestly I'm only asking this because of the fact that dusty refuses to give Heisey the CF spot and that is very true I would much rather see Frazier in the OF over Ludwick if Rolen is going to start at 3B

I don't want Frazier over Luddy in the OF because Luddy plays a pretty decent LF. If Stubbs must be given the majority of the playing time, then I would just rather see frazier platoon with Luddy and Rolen.

alett12
09-20-2012, 03:03 PM
I don't want Frazier over Luddy in the OF because Luddy plays a pretty decent LF. If Stubbs must be given the majority of the playing time, then I would just rather see frazier platoon with Luddy and Rolen.

If you're thinking purely about defense then you would want Heisey or Paul over Ludwick every day of the week, plus I think Heisey is more consistent than Ludwick at this point.

Maker_84
09-20-2012, 07:44 PM
rather have heisey in center, Bruce is too slow

Trajinous
09-20-2012, 08:05 PM
rather have heisey in center, Bruce is too slow

Ludwick, Bruce, Frazier
or
Ludwick, Heisey, Bruce

First one gives a better offense while the other gives the better defense. I think it SHOULD come down to who's hot going into the playoffs, PLAYOFFS BABY!!!

Mutaman
09-20-2012, 08:44 PM
In case anyone hasn't been paying attention, what separates the boys from everyone else is their defense. Solid (and then some) at every position. They just don't beat themselves and they make the big plays.

Baker is not going to mess with that for the sake of a little more offense. Can't say I disagree.

swaisuc
09-21-2012, 09:59 AM
In case anyone hasn't been paying attention, what separates the boys from everyone else is their defense. Solid (and then some) at every position. They just don't beat themselves and they make the big plays.

Baker is not going to mess with that for the sake of a little more offense. Can't say I disagree.

Completely agree. The Frazier-Bruce-Ludwick lineup would make us worse at all 3 OF spots all at once. That shouldn't even be considered. I'm also not sure why everyone thinks it's such a terrible thing that we have a good hitter on the bench for the playoffs. Defense is huge in these close games and so is pinch hitting.

dubc47834
09-21-2012, 10:25 AM
If you're thinking purely about defense then you would want Heisey or Paul over Ludwick every day of the week, plus I think Heisey is more consistent than Ludwick at this point.

It's not purely about the defense. I just think that Frazier will get plenty of AB's as a platoon with Rolen and Luddy.

Kiko
09-21-2012, 05:10 PM
you can take it to the bank that Stubbs will be starting in CF if the Reds open up in SF. Big outfield means Stubbs will start per Dusty. As for GABP then you could see Heisey get a start in CF but I think Stubbs will get the majority of the starts in the first round.

DocRed
09-22-2012, 12:06 AM
Not named Stubbs...duh

goreds2
09-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Frazier is playing right field today. hmmmmm