PDA

View Full Version : Starting to wonder about Dusty

EMAW
09-22-2012, 01:32 AM
Talked with a doctor friend today and he said the extended stay for irregular heart is "frankly, very unusual". Anyone else fearing this may be worse than everyone is letting on? Dusty (whether you like his managing or not) is a terrific person and a positive role model for a lot of young people.

R_Webb18
09-22-2012, 01:41 AM
maybe he's okay but they just don't want him to fly so soon? i have no clue im not a doctor but hope he's okay.

stripedwarrior
09-22-2012, 02:01 AM
I went through an irregular heartbeat issue a couple of years ago. Spent two nights in a hospital. On the second day, I was transported to a heart hospital. To get my heart beating correctly, they literally had to kill me. Cardiovert involves shocking your heart so it stops, and then shocking it again to "reboot" it.
I was told that it is fairly common to experience, but most do not need to be cardioverted. I was hospitalized one other time with this, but it cleared with medication on that occasion.
The after care sucks, to be blunt. Injections into your abdomen with blood thinners, and other things. On daily medication now, and no further problems.

So, if this is what Dusty is experiencing, then he is probably being told to take it easy, and avoid stressful situations for a little bit.

Who Dey Time
09-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Hopefully Dusty is following his own rule...if you feel like you're ready take one more day.

Ironman92
09-22-2012, 08:53 AM
We just don't know. If Speier is concerned then I'm concerned as well.

Get back soon and healthy!

With the stadium in playoff atmosphere like it was last night and like it will tonight, it's impossible not to celebrate...but I really want Dusty as part of the celebration (obviously the Reds do as well) He, like crazy Ron Washington is fun to watch when happy.

CrosleyField
09-22-2012, 09:34 AM
Get well Dusty!

Ironman92
09-22-2012, 09:59 AM
I went through an irregular heartbeat issue a couple of years ago. Spent two nights in a hospital. On the second day, I was transported to a heart hospital. To get my heart beating correctly, they literally had to kill me. Cardiovert involves shocking your heart so it stops, and then shocking it again to "reboot" it.
I was told that it is fairly common to experience, but most do not need to be cardioverted. I was hospitalized one other time with this, but it cleared with medication on that occasion.
The after care sucks, to be blunt. Injections into your abdomen with blood thinners, and other things. On daily medication now, and no further problems.

So, if this is what Dusty is experiencing, then he is probably being told to take it easy, and avoid stressful situations for a little bit.

Stressul situations will be as big as ever in 2 weeks. Pretty concerning to me.

Krawhitham
09-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Makes you wonder if he will be able to manager the rest of the season, unless they are flat out lying he will be fine. But the doctors might want him to be stress free for a few months.

At one point they said this was not the 1st time he has had an irregular heartbeat issue.

Get well soon Dusty

texasdave
09-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Coming home on Sunday it looks like.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120922&content_id=38839828&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

wolverine39reds
09-22-2012, 05:42 PM
my prayers r with u dusty com home soon

BurgervilleBuck
09-22-2012, 07:38 PM
I have PVCs (pre-ventricular contractions) from time to time. Basically, it's like a flutter in my chest and a sort of "breath taken away" feeling. These are perfectly normal, understand, and it often crops up when I have shorted my sleep over several days or when I'm under great amounts of stress. Possibly, this is what Dusty is dealing with.

But hopefully, he gets better soon.

goreds2
09-22-2012, 08:57 PM
I wonder if he may consider retiring if we win the World Series.

BigPoppa
09-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Dusty (whether you like his managing or not) is a terrific person and a positive role model for a lot of young people.

This. Get well soon, Bake!

MrRedLegger
09-25-2012, 05:16 PM
ESPN released that he suffered a "mini-stroke" on Friday. I hope him the best, this is terrible news.

texasdave
09-25-2012, 05:38 PM
ESPN released that he suffered a "mini-stroke" on Friday. I hope him the best, this is terrible news.

That is awful. Hope he makes a complete recovery.

Red Raindog
09-25-2012, 05:45 PM
This. Get well soon, Bake!

+1

goreds2
09-25-2012, 09:31 PM
+1 +2

Redsgirl
09-25-2012, 10:31 PM

Dysrhythmias and now a TIA? That does not sound good. :(

I love Dusty and I hope he has a good outcome.

dubc47834
09-26-2012, 07:45 AM
Dysrhythmias and now a TIA? That does not sound good. :(

I love Dusty and I hope he has a good outcome.

I am a Dusty fan also, some on here would call me an apologist, but all he has done since he has been here is turned this ballclub into a winner. That is something that we hadn't experience in many many years before he arrived. I hope he gets feeling better soon, baseball is small in the grand scheme of things. He has a young boy and I hope he gets to spend many more years with him....get well soon Dusty and come back and win us a World Frickin Series!!!!!