PDA

View Full Version : Trade Proposal Advice

Boss-Hog
09-26-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm doing OK or great in two of my three leagues, but due to some unexpectedly poor starts and the lack of a top notch WR and TE, I'm really struggling in my third league (0-3). This is a standard scoring, no PPR league. We start a QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR, TE, K and D.

Here's my team:

QB Cam Newton
QB Andrew Luck

RB LeSean McCoy
RB Darren McFadden
RB Doug Martin
RB Ryan Williams
RB Tashard Choice

WR Dez Bryant
WR Stevie Johnson
WR Eric Decker
WR Pierre Garcon
WR Mike Williams

TE Jason Witten

K Nate Kaeding

D Atlanta (I switch just about every week based on matchups)

I've been offered Steve Smith (CAR) for Darren McFadden. My gut feeling is no, as, barring injury, Run DMC is certainly more valuable than Steve Smith, but I suppose it's worth considering due to my lack of a WR1 and the fact that I'd have a nice combination with Cam if he ever gets his stuff together. Personally, I think Doug Martin for Smith is a fairer trade.

Let me know your thoughts (and if you have any other ideas on improving this team)...

Boss-Hog
09-26-2012, 11:01 AM
He accepted my counter offer of Martin for Smith...hope I did the right thing, as I can't afford to go 0-4.

Caveat Emperor
09-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Yeah -- Doug Martin is going to start losing carries to LaGarrette Blount as the Bucs try to jump start their offense.

Josh Freeman has been so bad this year that teams are having no problem stacking 8 in the box to stop the run. I don't think Martin is more than an RB/3 right now in terms of real value.

Boss-Hog
09-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Yeah -- Doug Martin is going to start losing carries to LaGarrette Blount as the Bucs try to jump start their offense.

Josh Freeman has been so bad this year that teams are having no problem stacking 8 in the box to stop the run. I don't think Martin is more than an RB/3 right now in terms of real value.
So, I take it you think I did the right thing? :)

Caveat Emperor
09-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Yup.

That roster really needs help at the WR spot -- a guy like Smith will bring stability (he's rarely going to be completely shut out for a game). I'd think about scouting the waiver wire for another RB, though.

Also, I'd dump Mike Williams. Freeman doesn't throw for enough yardage to make having anyone other than V-Jax on that Tampa roster.

Boss-Hog
09-26-2012, 11:33 AM
Thank you. The only RB I see available that is remotely interesting is Lamar Miller (while Reggie Bush is out). I thought about picking him up over Choice, but I suppose I could go with both and dump Mike Williams. As a Bucs fan, do you think that's a good move?

Caveat Emperor
09-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Thank you. The only RB I see available that is remotely interesting is Lamar Miller (while Reggie Bush is out). I thought about picking him up over Choice, but I suppose I could go with both and dump Mike Williams. As a Bucs fan, do you think that's a good move?

Right now, Josh Freeman is playing QB like a combination of late-career Drew Bledsoe and J.P. Losman. He looks about as bad as anyone I've seen play the position in a while. He's become, for whatever reason, a statue in the pocket that's unwilling to use his legs and everything he's doing is slow (slow footwork on dropbacks, slow reads, slow/late delivery with the ball). He's a complete trainwreck, and probably a lost cause at this point due to the number of OCs he's had (3) and HCs he's had (2) in just 4 years.

The physical tools are there, but his head is completely screwed up. I'm guessing he'll be cut at season's end and the Bucs will be looking for a new QB in the draft.

I'd treat any Tampa WR/TE other than V-Jax as radioactive, at this point.

Boss-Hog
09-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Thanks again for the advice; I'll recommend to my wife that she drop Freeman as her backup. :)

Ohayou
09-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Jerome Simpson returns this week as a starter. He should be available in your league. I'd give him a look.

Boss-Hog
09-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Jerome Simpson returns this week as a starter. He should be available in your league. I'd give him a look.
That's not a bad idea...unfortunately, I'm somewhat handicapped by a silly 15 man maximum roster.

I did end up picking up Lamar Miller for Mike Williams, so I don't know who I can release to pick up Simpson (he is available). Barring further injuries, Lamar Miller and Tashard Choice are only short term potential solutions, so it'd probably be one of those two.

cincyinco
09-28-2012, 02:09 PM
Is LeShoure available in your league? He's got a tough match up this week against min, but had a really nice debut last week and was available in most leagues.

Boss-Hog
09-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Is LeShoure available in your league? He's got a tough match up this week against min, but had a really nice debut last week and was available in most leagues.
Nope

KoryMac5
10-14-2012, 09:43 AM
If J. Best is out there you may want to stash him.

KoryMac5
10-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Nevermind Detroit kept him inactive.

Boss-Hog
10-18-2012, 02:08 PM
I trade: A.J. Green and Darren McFadden
I receive: Trent Richardson, Alfred Morris and Demaryius Thomas

My current team is:

Regular Lineup
QB Matt Ryan
RB Arian Foster
RB Darren McFadden
WR A.J. Green
WR Percy Harvin
RB/WR Hakeem Nicks
TE Aaron Hernandez

Bench
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB Pierre Thomas
RB Vick Ballard
WR Domenik Hixon
WR Davone Bess
WR Mike Williams
WR Donnie Avery

This is a non PPR league; otherwise, standard scoring.

I never like to give up the best player in a trade (plus I'd be selling low on Run DMC), so I'm leaning towards no, but I'd like to get your thoughts.

KoryMac5
10-18-2012, 07:00 PM
That's a good haul for both of those players. I hate to give up Green but I think it is only a matter of time before teams start to double him over the top with a safety. You Wide out depth is really good plus you are getting two top 10 RB's as well as another top 15-20 WR. I would pull the trigger.

Boss-Hog
10-18-2012, 08:01 PM
That's a good haul for both of those players. I hate to give up Green but I think it is only a matter of time before teams start to double him over the top with a safety. You Wide out depth is really good plus you are getting two top 10 RB's as well as another top 15-20 WR. I would pull the trigger.

Thanks for the advice...anyone else's is still welcome. :)

camisadelgolf
10-18-2012, 08:03 PM
I like the trade for you. First of all, the upgrade from Hakeem Nicks to Alfred Morris should be big. Second of all, as we head into the part of the schedule with lots of bye weeks, the depth should come in handy. Also, neither Green nor Run DMC strike me as the guys most likely to stay healthy all year. Unless it's a keeper league, I'd accept it if I were you.

KoryMac5
10-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Plus McFaddens value is not as high in a non ppr league, where Morris is great in standard leagues.

Boss-Hog
10-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Here's one more for you guys:

I trade: Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush
I receive: Matt Ryan, Fred Jackson and Vick Ballard (he also has RG III)

My current team is:

Regular Lineup
QB Michael Vick
RB DeMarco Murray (hurt)
RB Reggie Bush
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Victor Cruz
WR Roddy White
RB/WR Donald Brown (hurt)
TE Jason Witten

Bench
QB Jay Cutler (only on my team to start at QB this week)
QB Joe Flacco
RB Alex Green
RB Pierre Thomas
RB Jonathan Dwyer
WR Kendall Wright
WR Andre Roberts

This is a non PPR league; otherwise, standard scoring. If you wouldn't do the trade, I'm certainly open to other ways to improve this 3-3 team. :)

camisadelgolf
10-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Because of injuries, I understand the need to pull off a deal like this, but I would think you could get a little more in a deal involving Calvin Johnson.

Boss-Hog
10-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Because of injuries, I understand the need to pull off a deal like this, but I would think you could get a little more in a deal involving Calvin Johnson.

I thought the same thing. I clearly need an upgrade at QB either way, though.

Do you think Calvin for Matt Ryan is a fair deal for both teams?

camisadelgolf
10-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Tbh, I like Vick's matchups coming up. I don't think you're in as much need for an upgrade as you think. Megatron is the best WR in the NFL, so if you deal him, I feel like you should be getting an elite player in return. I'd put more focus on getting a running back, especially with the flex position in your league. I think your initial offer has the right idea, but I don't have any confidence in Vick Ballard, and C.J. Spiller is killing Fred Jackson's potential.

Boss-Hog
10-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Tbh, I like Vick's matchups coming up. I don't think you're in as much need for an upgrade as you think. Megatron is the best WR in the NFL, so if you deal him, I feel like you should be getting an elite player in return. I'd put more focus on getting a running back, especially with the flex position in your league. I think your initial offer has the right idea, but I don't have any confidence in Vick Ballard, and C.J. Spiller is killing Fred Jackson's potential.

That was actually his offer. Thanks for the input, though - especially with Murray being a disappointment, I could use another good RB.

LoganBuck
10-23-2012, 04:26 PM
I just acquired Megatron and Gates for A Hernandez, Leshoure, and Dez Bryant. Megatron, has not had the season to date, that prices him in the elite category. Yes past performance can be an indicator of future success, but the Lions just aren't the same this year, and now Burleson is done for the year. I can't see how that helps Megatron's value. The other guy in this scenario was running Gore and Mendenhall, and had Megatron, Fitzgerald and Nicks at WR.

Both teams benefit.

Boss-Hog
10-30-2012, 05:28 PM

My current team is:

Regular Lineup
QB Matt Ryan
RB Arian Foster
RB Darren McFadden
WR A.J. Green
WR Percy Harvin
RB/WR Hakeem Nicks
TE Aaron Hernandez

Bench
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB Donald Brown
RB Vick Ballard
RB Pierre Thomas
WR Andre Roberts
WR Mike Williams
TE Greg Olsen (only here until Hernandez is healthy)

I never like to give up the best player in a trade (plus I'd be selling low on Run DMC), so I'm leaning towards no, but I'd like to get your thoughts.
I didn't end up making this trade; maybe I should have. Anyway, I now have an offer of Alfred Morris for Percy Harvin. Thoughts?

Boss-Hog
11-08-2012, 11:08 AM

My current team is:

Regular Lineup
QB Matt Ryan
RB Arian Foster
RB Darren McFadden
WR A.J. Green
WR Percy Harvin
RB/WR Hakeem Nicks
TE Aaron Hernandez

Bench
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB Pierre Thomas
RB Vick Ballard
WR Domenik Hixon
WR Davone Bess
WR Mike Williams
WR Donnie Avery

As mentioned above, I decided not to do this despite two of you suggesting I do. I suspected Hakeem Nicks would start playing like he usually does. I was wrong, and now, coupled with Run DMC not surprisingly getting injured and Demaryius Thomas breaking out, I really wish I had listened to you guys!

Boss-Hog
11-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Here's one more for you guys:

I trade: Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush
I receive: Matt Ryan, Fred Jackson and Vick Ballard (he also has RG III)

My current team is:

Regular Lineup
QB Michael Vick
RB DeMarco Murray (hurt)
RB Reggie Bush
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Victor Cruz
WR Roddy White
RB/WR Donald Brown (hurt)
TE Jason Witten

Bench
QB Jay Cutler (only on my team to start at QB this week)
QB Joe Flacco
RB Alex Green
RB Pierre Thomas
RB Jonathan Dwyer
WR Kendall Wright
WR Andre Roberts

This is a non PPR league; otherwise, standard scoring. If you wouldn't do the trade, I'm certainly open to other ways to improve this 3-3 team. :)
I ended up trading Cruz for Ryan straight up. Honestly, I feel it was a good deal for both teams.

bucksfan2
11-14-2012, 03:17 PM
A little trade help here. A little back ground. Its a 13 team, 3 minimum 4 max keeper, .5 PPR league. We start QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex, Defense. I am in 7th place right now with 6 making the playoffs (2nd highest point total though :() I am just out of the playoffs and am entering my bye week and probably will move into a playoff slot next week banking on one of the 3 teams ahead of me losing.

Anyway here is my roster
QB: Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Andy Dalton
RB: MDJ, CJ Spiller, Mendenhall, Mark Ingram
WR: AJ Green, Victor Cruz, Denarius Moore, Devon Bess, Danario Alexander, and Dexter McCluster
TE: Gronk
DST: Doesn't matter.

Right now my keepers for next season will come from MJD, Luck, Green, Cruz, and Gronk. Hopefully I can parlay one of those guys for an early draft pick. I haven't played Luck at all this season but am confident going forward that Luck will be a damn good QB.

Anyway someone offered me Andre Johnson or Steven Ridley for Matt Ryan. I am leaning towards Andre Johnson but he has had a sub-par season so far. Fair trade? It may hurt me now, and really doesn't do much to my glut of keepers, but is Andre Johnson over Devon Bess worse than Matt Ryan over Luck?

Hillsdale87
11-14-2012, 03:29 PM
A little trade help here. A little back ground. Its a 13 team, 3 minimum 4 max keeper, .5 PPR league. We start QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex, Defense. I am in 7th place right now with 6 making the playoffs (2nd highest point total though :() I am just out of the playoffs and am entering my bye week and probably will move into a playoff slot next week banking on one of the 3 teams ahead of me losing.

Anyway here is my roster
QB: Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Andy Dalton
RB: MDJ, CJ Spiller, Mendenhall, Mark Ingram
WR: AJ Green, Victor Cruz, Denarius Moore, Devon Bess, Danario Alexander, and Dexter McCluster
TE: Gronk
DST: Doesn't matter.

Right now my keepers for next season will come from MJD, Luck, Green, Cruz, and Gronk. Hopefully I can parlay one of those guys for an early draft pick. I haven't played Luck at all this season but am confident going forward that Luck will be a damn good QB.

Anyway someone offered me Andre Johnson or Steven Ridley for Matt Ryan. I am leaning towards Andre Johnson but he has had a sub-par season so far. Fair trade? It may hurt me now, and really doesn't do much to my glut of keepers, but is Andre Johnson over Devon Bess worse than Matt Ryan over Luck?

Luck has a pretty easy schedule the rest of the year except for one game against the Texans. I would make the trade, and Johnson is a good choice. He has a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way as well. Hopefully he can capitalize.

LoganBuck
11-15-2012, 01:41 PM
I might lean Ridley there. You have two top end receivers, and MJD isn't a guarantee to play again this season. I don't like depending on injured star players on miserable teams, they have a way of not playing. CJ Spiller has to contend with Fred Jackson. Ridley offers a few more points, and Luck has been playing well. The Bengals are playing Philadelphia the week the Colts face Houston.

Plus Andre Johnson is made of balsa wood and toilet paper.

KoryMac5
11-16-2012, 11:24 AM
I would need more than that for Matt Ryan honestly, top 3 QB this season, I would counter for something more.