PDA

View Full Version : I don't care who wins, I just want a sweep

UCBrownsfan
09-28-2012, 11:28 AM
In the Cards Nationals series.

If Washington sweeps; the Cardinals then have a race on their hands and may have to burn their #1 before a 1 game playoff. Giving LA a chance to get back in it.

If the Cardinals sweep; the Reds have a great shot at the #1, and then all of the sudden the Nationals are actually in danger of worrying about the WildCard as opposed to the 1 seed, how fun would that be. If the race switched to 1 Reds, 2 Braves, 3 Giants, WC Nats hosting Cards.

For anyone else hoping for some drama on the last day before the playoffs, a sweep in the Nats Cards series needs to happen

goreds2
09-30-2012, 08:16 PM
We are tied with the NATS. Now, let's force the Cards in a 1 game tie breaker with the Dodgers.

faffy42
09-30-2012, 09:29 PM
We are tied with the NATS. Now, let's force the Cards in a 1 game tie breaker with the Dodgers.

This would be awesome, and unfortunately unlikely...

UCBrownsfan
10-01-2012, 09:42 AM

I don't think we even need them in a tie breaker game, I think it would just help if they have to win the last game of the season.

Biff Pocoroba
10-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Arroyo, Latos and Bailey on the hill. Starters will need to play enough to prevent gettin rusty. Traditional rivals. Dusty back.

It would be fantastic if we took it to them.

arkimadee
10-01-2012, 01:14 PM
At this point I don't care anymore. I'm tired of over thinking it. I'm just pumped for some playoff baseball. No team in it is as scary as he 2010 phillies so I don't care who we play anymore.

Biff Pocoroba
10-01-2012, 02:49 PM
arkimadee,

I care mainly for selfish considerations. Chances are that I will be in the area around the time of games 6 and 7 of the NLCS. If we have the number one seed, then it increasses my odds of actually getting to see a home playoff game.

arkimadee
10-01-2012, 03:03 PM
arkimadee,

I care mainly for selfish considerations. Chances are that I will be in the area around the time of games 6 and 7 of the NLCS. If we have the number one seed, then it increasses my odds of actually getting to see a home playoff game.

I hear ya. I got tickets to game 4. I would take a sweep over getting to a game, but the playoff atmosphere is undescribable

SweetLou1990
10-01-2012, 04:55 PM
How about a sweep over the Cards this week to help the Dodgers to tie the Cards. The only thing better than beating the Cards out of the playoffs would be to sweep them to not let them into the playoffs!