PDA

View Full Version : Reds vs. Giants - National League Division Series

Who Dey Time
10-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Since it's official I figure we can start a thread regarding the Giants NLDS matchup.

I predict a low scoring, pitching dominated series. It is imperative that the Reds come home no worse than 1-1. If they do they will win the series.

GO REDS!

webbbj
10-03-2012, 04:17 PM
my least favorable matchup

HometownHero
10-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Still pissed that Dusty isn't going with Homer over Arroyo in game two, I hope if works out for him but not liking it one bit. Would be nice for him and us to knock off his old team and advance to the NLCS.

Captain13
10-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Holy moly. It is really that time. Go Reds! See you all at GABP.

Here's to brinning home a pennant and a banner. :beerme:

HometownHero
10-03-2012, 04:19 PM
my least favorable matchup

Its our best shot to win IMO

stevekun
10-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Anyone who thinks this is not the best matchup for the Reds is just crazy. I'm glad

webbbj
10-03-2012, 04:21 PM
I wanted STL

40YrRedsFan
10-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Still pissed that Dusty isn't going with Homer over Arroyo in game two, I hope if works out for him but not liking it one bit. Would be nice for him and us to knock off his old team and advance to the NLCS.

I am not comfortable with Arroyo going in the 2nd game. I think it should be Latos. And what happens if Cueto loses game one? Does Dusty stick by his guns and start Arroyo in game 2? That could be playoff suicide.

texasdave
10-03-2012, 04:25 PM
FADGT.

40YrRedsFan
10-03-2012, 04:26 PM
FADGT.

Where can I get translations for these? I have no idea what you said

HometownHero
10-03-2012, 04:26 PM
I am not comfortable with Arroyo going in the 2nd game. I think it should be Latos. And what happens if Cueto loses game one? Does Dusty stick by his guns and start Arroyo in game 2? That could be playoff suicide.

I would have went Mat in game two if he wasn't going to take advantage of Homer being one of the best road pitchers in majors this year.

arkimadee
10-03-2012, 04:28 PM
i will take an educated guess and say this will be a 9:30 start on Saturday, because Detroit will host a game on Saturday as well and I don't see them putting it on at 9:30

40YrRedsFan
10-03-2012, 04:32 PM
FADGT.

Thanks Dave, Got it

40YrRedsFan
10-03-2012, 04:35 PM
If we can pitch carefully to Posey, I think we can get through the Giants lineup. They don't have big bashers. Limit the walks and fielding mistakes, and we take the Giants.

smixsell
10-03-2012, 04:37 PM
I like the matchup with SF. I like the big ballpark, the early travel, and the manageble bats of the Giants. Also, our guys looked very comfortable playing there in the 3 games I attended this summer. Not guaranteed a win by any stretch but gives us AT LEASTas good a shot as the alternatives IMO.

PS And I'll be there rooting them on! :)

PumpFak3First
10-03-2012, 04:39 PM
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii40/candy_cherry_theater/spread%20the%20gif%20love/i4fdzo.gif

HometownHero
10-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Can't wait to see what the Giants are going to do with the rotation. Cain is a lock but Bumgarner been having some issues over the last 7 starts posting a 5.89 ERA, Lincecum is going to finish with a over 5 ERA and they have a 14-19 record in his starts but they say he's in rotation, the Giants have won Barry Zito's last 11 starts despite him giving up a .779 OPS over that span with a ERA just under 4 and Vogelsong has been good his last 2 games but still has a 7.56 ERA in last 9 despite 2 ER over those last 2.

arkimadee
10-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Matt Cain was 0-2 with a 5.54 ERA in 2 starts against the Reds this season according to Cincinnati Enquirer.

Carin4Narron
10-03-2012, 04:50 PM
I wanted STL

St.Louis is in the Reds head,man. To quote one of Dewy Cox's friends, St.Louis, you don't want that crap, man!

webbbj
10-03-2012, 04:54 PM
St.Louis is in the Reds head,man. To quote one of Dewy Cox's friends, St.Louis, you don't want that crap, man!

well i dont where you came up w/ that. any visual proof or case studies? They just beat STL last nite. They would burn a pitcher in th eplay in game and are the weakest of the playoff bunch.

Carin4Narron
10-03-2012, 04:57 PM
I would have gone with a Latos,Bronson,Cuteo,and a Homer rotation because both Latos and Bronson have been better than Cuteo over the last couple of months. Cuteo might toss his lunch if he gets behind in Game 5 and it's Katie by the door. With that said, Reds in 4.

MrRedLegger
10-03-2012, 04:59 PM
well i dont where you came up w/ that. any visual proof or case studies? They just beat STL last nite. They would burn a pitcher in th eplay in game and are the weakest of the playoff bunch.

I'm the least comfortable playing a team we've faced 15+ times in a single season. Although it goes both ways, the Cardinals can scout us very well because of how many times they've faced our pitching/hitters. I don't want to give any team that kind of opportunity even if it means we also get one of the same kind.

Plus, look at their batting order; it's littered with ~.300+ hitters.

datdudebp
10-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Since it's official I figure we can start a thread regarding the Giants NLDS matchup.

I predict a low scoring, pitching dominated series. It is imperative that the Reds come home no worse than 1-1. If they do they will win the series.

GO REDS!

Agree!

HometownHero
10-03-2012, 05:04 PM

If we lose today the Cards will have won 4 of 5 series and all of our pitchers have terrible numbers against them. Burning a SP in the WC game doesn't hurt them one bit since that guy will make around his same projected start in DS.

Their rotation was going to be around this regardless
Wainwright-Wainwright
Carpenter-Garcia
Lohse-Carpenter
Garcia-Lohse
Wainwright-Wainwright

Carin4Narron
10-03-2012, 05:06 PM

When the Reds get behind man, there is all most no hope if they are behind by 2 or 3 runs in a important game. We have all seen, Philips,Bruce,Rolen,Stubbs, and even Votto swing full out at terrible pitches and it has gotten them into deep trouble this year. So far there has been no adjustment for that. If they don't watch it, it will bite them in the behind. Homer's are over-rated, just make good contact,get on base, and score!

EMAW
10-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Like it better than playing Atlanta

HometownHero
10-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Game one is 9:37 ET Saturday night

Maker_84
10-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Game one is 9:37 ET Saturday night

Sucks that Ohio State and the Reds are gonna be playing at the same time for a good hour or more. Gonna be alot of channel flipping in my house that night

redsrolen
10-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Like it better than playing Atlanta

AMEN ON THAT......Don't want to deal with the Chipper Jones love fest that's going on!!:luvu:

Calten
10-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Hoping that the Braves knock out the Cardinals, then knock out the Nationals. We beat the Giants, and then get to face the Braves in the NLCS.

smixsell
10-05-2012, 03:11 PM
If the Reds play "bear down baseball," which I suspect they will, then I would favor us against any team in the NL or AL. I'm not worried about anyone but ourselves. If we conquer this foe, then we should be WS champs.

PS I wish that Marty would say publically that this team isn't good enough to win the WS, that would light a fire under their *sses, which is what this team needs to play its best.

PumpFak3First
10-05-2012, 03:42 PM
I would have gone with a Latos,Bronson,Cuteo,and a Homer rotation because both Latos and Bronson have been better than Cuteo over the last couple of months. Cuteo might toss his lunch if he gets behind in Game 5 and it's Katie by the door. With that said, Reds in 4.

Not wanting your ace to go in game 5 @ home. Come on! Don't over think it. If you're scared at this point with a 19 game winner on the mound, get a dog.

RedsFaninAfrica
10-06-2012, 09:09 AM
I'm disappointed they aren't pitching Bailey in game 2 on the road. Otherwise you may have to have him start at home and Bailey's a major head-case at home.

goreds2
10-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Tweet from Sam LeCure:

29m Sam LeCure ‏@mrLeCure

#Reds fans! stay on your feet! keep cheering! you guys have the ability to shift momentum and to start a rally for us! believe me!