PDA

View Full Version : Beverage of Choice During The Playoffs

goreds2
10-03-2012, 11:43 PM
I am boring when it comes to beer. I will be drinking the Miller Lite's.
What will you be consuming? Don't be shy, you can post if you are drinking soda. Nothing wrong with that. :)

When the Reds do something special during the game, a shot of this.

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb468/goreds2/MangoRum.jpg

bigredmechanism
10-04-2012, 12:04 AM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7077/7360780232_afd1629ee9_z.jpg

Spider Tre
10-04-2012, 01:41 AM
probably water or some sort of fruit juice. i'm trying to cut down on the soda and i'm not an underage drinker

but if the Reds make it to late-October, i may enjoy some Dr. Pepper while watching :)

Red Raindog
10-04-2012, 06:52 AM
If the offense does not start breathing I might go for a hemlock cocktail.

webbbj
10-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Didnt really plan a drink. Im sure weeknights just whatever, a diet coke or water. Weekends maybe some beers. I'd like to go to an NLCS game or WS. Or atleast watch a potential WS clincher downtown.

dubc47834
10-04-2012, 08:21 AM
I don't always drink beer....but when I do...I drink Dos Equis...stay thirsty my friends!!!

:D

Captain13
10-04-2012, 08:35 AM
When watching from the confines of my home, there is an equal chance I will be drinking an Oktoberfest or an Old Forester and Coke. If I am watching from GABP, I will be drinking Miller Lite or Bud Light (in 2010 I learned the hard way that tailgaiting and bourbon don't mix well).

Cant Touch This
10-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Normally beer for baseball, but postseason baseball calls for a Rusty Nail.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/25865_1370955787544_4705614_n.jpg

BEETTLEBUG
10-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Well for as late as they are the first two nights water maybe or milk and cookies.

moewan
10-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Any Michigan I.P.A. And if the Reds win whyskey, and if the Reds lose whyskey.

The_Mudshark
10-04-2012, 10:22 AM
I am boring when it comes to beer. I will be drinking the Miller Lite's.
What will you be consuming? Don't be shy, you can post if you are drinking soda. Nothing wrong with that. :)

When the Reds do something special during the game, a shot of this.

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb468/goreds2/MangoRum.jpg

Woah dude... Miller Lite and Mango Flavored Rum?!?!

Does the 17 year old down the street know that you are stealing her booze? :D

Depends on where I watch the game and what I am doing, but in most cases: Bell's Oberon for me, maybe Bell's Two Hearted Ale if it is a Friday or Saturday.

Otherwise, water.

:beerme:

TSJ55
10-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Any Michigan I.P.A.

Woah dude... Miller Lite and Mango Flavored Rum?!?!

Does the 17 year old down the street know that you are stealing her booze?

Depends on where I watch the game and what I am doing, but in most cases: Bell's Oberon for me, maybe Bell's Two Hearted Ale if it is a Friday or Saturday.

Zing!!!! and Thank you two for bringing some sense into this thread. Can't go wrong with a Michigan, Colorado, or West Coast IPA.

The_Mudshark
10-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Zing!!!! and Thank you two for bringing some sense into this thread. Can't go wrong with a Michigan, Colorado, or West Coast IPA.

Cheap beer has no place in a "what are you drinking?" thread, unless you are trying to get a laugh. I will admit I drink some fruity beers from time to time, but never cheap beers. Miller Lite and Bud Lite taste like carbonated water with about five pennies dropped into each bottle. Life's too short, fratboys...

I am in my late 20's, and over the past 4 years I have been getting serious headaches/hangovers from the stronger IPA's, but, when it is time to tie one on via beer, I always reach for a Two Hearted Ale. Or six.

My hot weather beers are: Modelo Especial, Corona Extra and Leinie's Summer Shandy (weak... I know.) I can't help it after a hot day.

Whatever you like, drink it up and designate a driver. Hopefully we drink to celebrate some road wins, and a Bengals win over Miami. :beerme:

texasdave
10-04-2012, 11:10 AM
This is what I will be consuming during the games, especially if I am working that night.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTCj69i-9bc_GmnJa3Z3vuCZ0i2rVoT6Vwj9CZcjpwl0XZhC3Z

I rarely drink alcohol. But if they win it all then I may have to go back to my hometown drinking roots with these.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSu9_-j2uFg-QOrdKZ_78C7Jgo9q2wdkG-NpcdzkxCIStHPT1o2wg

Cant Touch This
10-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Cheap beer has no place in a "what are you drinking?" thread, unless you are trying to get a laugh. I will admit I drink some fruity beers from time to time, but never cheap beers. Miller Lite and Bud Lite taste like carbonated water with about five pennies dropped into each bottle. Life's too short, fratboys...

I am in my late 20's, and over the past 4 years I have been getting serious headaches/hangovers from the stronger IPA's, but, when it is time to tie one on via beer, I always reach for a Two Hearted Ale. Or six.

My hot weather beers are: Modelo Especial, Corona Extra and Leinie's Summer Shandy (weak... I know.) I can't help it after a hot day.

Whatever you like, drink it up and designate a driver. Hopefully we drink to celebrate some road wins, and a Bengals win over Miami. :beerme:

It's against Man Law to make fun of someone else's beer of choice and then freely admit to drinking Summer Shandy.

But I digress...

I used to think it was novel to stock my fridge with more-expensive, non-mainstream beers until I realized no one gives a damn and I didn't really like them. Now I'm 41 years old, spending gobs of money to support the activities of four children, so I'm all about more ounces per dollar. Give me a case of cold PBR and I'm a happy guy - plus none of my neighbors steal it on poker night. (If I lived in Ohio, it would be a no brainer: Yuengling. I didn't think I'd buy into the hype, but truth be told, I love it.)

Lastly, I echo your sentiment: life's too short. Don't drink beer that inflicts pain!

OneEyedJack
10-04-2012, 11:53 AM
I got a case of Prima Pils that will be my companion for the first few games.

I am traveling for the last two games, so whatever the random sports bar has on tap for those two!

smixsell
10-04-2012, 12:46 PM
A few Mooseheads for me :) , but not too much to impair my finely tuned rooting skills. ;)

MrRedLegger
10-04-2012, 01:02 PM
If I'm at the game I go for Yeunling, either the tall boys from the UDF (they're only $10, best bang for your buck) or the draft from the 3rd base side. If it's too far I'll go with a budweiser.

If I'm at home, most likely bourbon on the rocks. My go to is W.L. Weller (either 90 proof or the 12 year) That or a nice hoppy IPA.

jhiller21
10-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Sam Adams lager, and for the later innings Crown Royal on the rocks.

The playoffs are no time to be drinking the cheap stuff.

tom nuetten
10-04-2012, 03:01 PM
http://www.bier-universum.de/fileadmin/BierDaten/BierBilder/rothaus_pils_tannenzaepfle_front.jpg

some good old german beer :beerme:

and at the end of the games a cup of coffee

because Im from germany and the games are during the night.
The game on saturday starts in germany at 3.30 am

The_Mudshark
10-04-2012, 04:00 PM
It's against Man Law to make fun of someone else's beer of choice and then freely admit to drinking Summer Shandy.

But I digress...

I used to think it was novel to stock my fridge with more-expensive, non-mainstream beers until I realized no one gives a damn and I didn't really like them. Now I'm 41 years old, spending gobs of money to support the activities of four children, so I'm all about more ounces per dollar. Give me a case of cold PBR and I'm a happy guy - plus none of my neighbors steal it on poker night. (If I lived in Ohio, it would be a no brainer: Yuengling. I didn't think I'd buy into the hype, but truth be told, I love it.)

Lastly, I echo your sentiment: life's too short. Don't drink beer that inflicts pain!

Nothing wrong with PBR, it is priced right for what it is. The mainstream 'lites' are over priced and over rated. I think the occasional Raddler drinker can still criticize lite beer and not break any "Man Laws". It was more a playful shot at the Mango Rum.

Cant Touch This
10-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Nothing wrong with PBR, it is priced right for what it is. The mainstream 'lites' are over priced and over rated. I think the occasional Raddler drinker can still criticize lite beer and not break any "Man Laws". It was more a playful shot at the Mango Rum.

And I was just busting your chops for drinking Summer Shandy. It's all good.

P.S. Mainstream lite beers are only overrated if you don't like them.

Red Buckeye
10-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Usually after a couple bong rips the pina colada's are delicious!

Of course for the one, maybe two NLDS games I will be at it will have to be Coke. The beer is way overpriced and I can bring "a liter of cola" into the game for free.

Australian Red
10-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Just brewed and bottled 144 bottles of a nice golden ale taste amazing.

goreds2
10-04-2012, 09:57 PM
I have added extra seating in the living room for the playoffs but this will stay here all year around now! :beerme:

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb468/goreds2/pubtableReds091512.jpg

smixsell
10-05-2012, 04:49 PM
http://www.bier-universum.de/fileadmin/BierDaten/BierBilder/rothaus_pils_tannenzaepfle_front.jpg

some good old german beer :beerme:

and at the end of the games a cup of coffee

because Im from germany and the games are during the night.
The game on saturday starts in germany at 3.30 am

3:30 AM, yikes! :eek:

You are a true fan! :)

Reds und Deutchland uber alles! :beerme:

Have fun and go Reds!!!!! :beerme:

TSJ55
10-05-2012, 05:00 PM
http://beergeno.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Stone-16th-Anniversary-IPA.jpg
Been looking forward to breaking into one of these for awhile now and Post Season Baseball is the perfect time to do it I think

LexRedsFan
10-05-2012, 05:05 PM
My 21st birthday is Sunday -- or starts Saturday at midnight.

Thankfully I live right across from a bar so as soon as the clock strikes midnight, I know where I'm watching the end of game 1.

Cant Touch This
10-05-2012, 06:38 PM
My 21st birthday is Sunday -- or starts Saturday at midnight.

Thankfully I live right across from a bar so as soon as the clock strikes midnight, I know where I'm watching the end of game 1.

Happy birthday. Drink responsibly, but happy birthday. A good 21st is one you will remember.

texasdave
10-05-2012, 06:43 PM
nm

LexRedsFan
10-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Happy birthday. Drink responsibly, but happy birthday. A good 21st is one you will remember.

Thanks! I'll definitely be remembering this one. :) I'll be a nervous wreck because of the Reds game.

webbbj
10-05-2012, 08:49 PM
24 hrs and 49 minutes till first pitch. Can't wait

RedsFaninAfrica
10-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Savannah Dry, hard apple cider (bottled in South Africa)

Australian Red
10-08-2012, 04:36 AM
Ah the good old Savannahs had a few of them in my time in Africa

P.E.R#14
10-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Saturday night was Christian Morelein Oktoberfest. Last night was a couple of Bud Lights (Hey, it was Sunday night and I'm a 8-5:00 guy). Tomorrow, probably Newcastle, BUT I'll crack the 18 year Glenlivet after the series sweep!!

Go Reds!!

chuck6660
10-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Well since I'm 13 hours ahead of Cincy time it will be Coffee at the office :( However in the evening if I catch a replay of the game at the Pub it will be OB Lager or 7 Brau IPA, both beers brewed in Seoul. :beerme:

goreds2
10-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Well since I'm 13 hours ahead of Cincy time it will be Coffee at the office :( However in the evening if I catch a replay of the game at the Pub it will be OB Lager or 7 Brau IPA, both beers brewed in Seoul. :beerme:

Cool.

redsman55
10-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Bud Lite in a cooler sitting right by my chair. Don't even need to go to the kitchen. And boy did I need them today!

cw0802
10-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Junior Johnson Apple Pie Moonshine on ice.