PDA

View Full Version : Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

5TimeWSChamps
10-08-2012, 08:18 AM
This time about the Game start time:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/shadows-at-busch-are-a-problem-again/article_1e47e3d6-10f0-11e2-ab90-0019bb30f31a.html

5TimeWSChamps
10-08-2012, 08:19 AM
Holliday, Berkman and several teammates loudly objected to mid-afternoon start times last season. The club responded by moving all afternoon games to no later than 1:05 p.m. However, rightsholders Fox and TBS control the postseason alignment.

"It’s a shame is what it is," Holliday said. "You play all year, get these opportunities, and this is the game. You play all year at 1:00 and 7:00, then you get to the most important part of the year and you’re playing at weird times."

GameChanger
10-08-2012, 08:33 AM
Wow, That is a seriously pathetic thing to cry about.

Next thing they are crying about will be that the baseball is to round... :lol:

RedsBrick
10-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Good for Craig:

"I didn’t feel helpless at the plate. There are no excuses," said first baseman Allen Craig. "I don’t want to make it about the shadows, really. They had to hit in the shadows, too. They’ll tell you it makes it tougher. We’ll tell you the same thing."

cw0802
10-08-2012, 10:45 AM
This is a legitimate gripe. Every year the Cards make it to the post season, they're put at a middle afternoon start time to appease the TV folks. There's no crying, they just would like the game to not be impacted by the shadows.

I guarantee if the Reds were playing midday start times, they'd have something to say about the shadows.

Hey look at this...the Nationals hitters were talking about it too...are they complainers now?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/wp/2012/10/07/busch-stadium-shadows-make-life-tough-on-hitters/

stevekun
10-08-2012, 10:50 AM
And the shaddows had absolutely NO impact on the outcome of the game

Todd Gack
10-08-2012, 10:50 AM
This is a legitimate gripe. Every year the Cards make it to the post season, they're put at a middle afternoon start time to appease the TV folks. There's no crying, they just would like the game to not be impacted by the shadows.

I guarantee if the Reds were playing midday start times, they'd have something to say about the shadows.

Hey look at this...the Nationals hitters were talking about it too...are they complainers now?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/wp/2012/10/07/busch-stadium-shadows-make-life-tough-on-hitters/

Of course. You guys just have a longer history of it. Now please, stop whining. . . .again.

cw0802
10-08-2012, 10:58 AM
And the shaddows had absolutely NO impact on the outcome of the game

If you notice, the Cardinals are not saying this was the reason they lost. A lot of MLB players gripe about the shadows at various stadiums, but when the Cardinals do it, they're whiners.

cw0802
10-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Of course. You guys just have a longer history of it. Now please, stop whining. . . .again.

It's a yearly complaint by many players, not just the Cardinals. As stated before, if you weren't playing the Giants, you'd have the midday start time and i'd bet the reporters would asking your team about the shadows and i'd be willing to bet someone would have something to say.

Jdattilo
10-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Just think what would have happened if smoke from the fireworks mixed with the shadows .....

redsrolen
10-08-2012, 11:29 AM
It's a yearly complaint by many players, not just the Cardinals. As stated before, if you weren't playing the Giants, you'd have the midday start time and i'd bet the reporters would asking your team about the shadows and i'd be willing to bet someone would have something to say.

Why are you even on a Reds chat room defending the Cardinals??
Can't you discuss them on your own site??

No one likes the shadows but it's just something you have to deal with why even bring it up??? Why, because you're whiners...I bet right now Chris Carpenter is whining to his son....Please...'go away'.."you have no power here"...
"quick before I drop a house on you":laugh::lol:

cw0802
10-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Why are you even on a Reds chat room defending the Cardinals??
Can't you discuss them on your own site??

No one likes the shadows but it's just something you have to deal with why even bring it up??? Why, because you're whiners...I bet right now Chris Carpenter is whining to his son....Please...'go away'.."you have no power here"...
"quick before I drop a house on you":laugh::lol:

I've been coming here since 2010, why? Because i like it. So as for "going away". Don't think I will.

By the way, aren't you the one that was going to go crying to a moderator because someone else was being negative toward the reds?

bigredmechanism
10-08-2012, 11:48 AM
It's really unfair that the Crads had to deal with the shadows and the Nats didn't.

KYRedLeg
10-08-2012, 12:16 PM
How is Carpenter going to explain this to his sun?

justincredible
10-08-2012, 12:17 PM
How is Carpenter going to explain this to his sun?

:lol:

redsrolen
10-08-2012, 12:19 PM
I've been coming here since 2010, why? Because i like it. So as for "going away". Don't think I will.

By the way, aren't you the one that was going to go crying to a moderator because someone else was being negative toward the reds?

Well, I thought my post was pretty humorous & was meant to be taken lightly...guess u can't handle that?

There have been a couple of Cards fans on here that have been very intelligent & I've enjoyed...

I don't cry to anyone...Many 'trolls' have been shown the door on this site...After all, it is for Reds fans...Have a nice day...:)

RedsFaninAfrica
10-08-2012, 12:32 PM
This is a legitimate gripe.

The point isn't whether it's a legitimate gripe or not. The point is that some teams whine about everything as an excuse and other teams take whatever life gives them and find a way to turn it to their advantage. The Cards are perpetual whiners and the Reds aren't.

The Reds could have whined about losing Madsen, but instead they found Chapman.

The Reds could have whined about losing Votto, but instead they went on a torrid winning streak without him.

The Reds could have complained about losing Cueto, but instead they played an excellent game and won without him.

It's a bit lame when players say, "We aren't making excuses, but ..." while they are in the process of making excuses.

So the point isn't whether the gripe is legitimate; the point is that they shouldn't be griping in the first place.

KYRedLeg
10-08-2012, 12:37 PM
I, for one, love the Cardinals whining about a feature of their own stadium.

Redlegs Homer
10-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Cards should be happy that the new stupid playoff format let them into the playoffs. It should be the Braves playing, not the Cards.

P.E.R#14
10-08-2012, 01:16 PM
The point isn't whether it's a legitimate gripe or not. The point is that some teams whine about everything as an excuse and other teams take whatever life gives them and find a way to turn it to their advantage. The Cards are perpetual whiners and the Reds aren't.

The Reds could have whined about losing Votto, but instead they went on a torrid winning streak without him.

The Reds could have complained about losing Cueto, but instead they played an excellent game and won without him.

It's a bit lame when players say, "We aren't making excuses, but ..." while they are in the process of making excuses.

So the point isn't whether the gripe is legitimate; the point is that they shouldn't be griping in the first place.

Spot on! :thumbup:

Go Reds!!

cw0802
10-08-2012, 01:28 PM

Injuries are one thing that can't be controlled. The Cardinals lost Wainwright last year, no complaining. Lost Berkman and Furcal, no complaining.

In this case, and I would make this complaint if the Reds were playing at that time, it's known that at that time of day the sun and shadows in most stadiums are an issue, push the start time ahead to noon.

What's actually comical to me, I converse on many different team forums, Cubs, Astros, Brewers, Nats, Rockies...you guys are the only ones who whine about the Cards this much. Every little molehill, you make a mountain out of.

Braves reporters, players and fans make a stink about the stupid start time, it's ok. Cards say something, you're ALL over it. For a bunch of people who talk about the Cards complaining a lot...you sure do complain a lot.

goreds2
10-08-2012, 01:33 PM

http://www.discobelle.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/dawson-crying-452x339.jpg

cw0802
10-08-2012, 01:43 PM
http://www.discobelle.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/dawson-crying-452x339.jpg

Ok...this was funny.

But again, I really don't see how answering a question about the game being impacted by the shadows is "complaining". The Washington Post asked Jason Werth to comment on the shadows and he said "The visuals were tough in the outfield and at the plate all day". Is he complaining? Or is it ok cause he's not wearing a Cardinal uniform?

It gets a little old, every year that the Cards make the playoffs, they get the midday start times. Both teams are impacted, both teams have something to say about it. But i guess when a Cardinal player answers a question they're complaining.

Could be worse though, I guess a Cardinal player could run off to Twitter and call a guy a racist.

coach23
10-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Ok...this was funny.

But again, I really don't see how answering a question about the game being impacted by the shadows is "complaining". The Washington Post asked Jason Werth to comment on the shadows and he said "The visuals were tough in the outfield and at the plate all day". Is he complaining? Or is it ok cause he's not wearing a Cardinal uniform?

It gets a little old, every year that the Cards make the playoffs, they get the midday start times. Both teams are impacted, both teams have something to say about it. But i guess when a Cardinal player answers a question they're complaining.

Could be worse though, I guess a Cardinal player could run off to Twitter and call a guy a racist.

Did Jason Werth and the Nats complain about balls being slick????
Did Jason Werth and the Nats complain about the mound not being right height?
Did Jason Werth and the Nats complain about a school board malfunction and teams stealing their signs?

I understand alot of teams, and in this instance both the Cardinals and Nats are saying its hard to see with the shadows, BUT the Cardinals have a long history of complaining about anything and everything. This isn't about the game time and the shadows that might occur, its more about the Cardinals whining once again. Hey its what they do best!!!

TeamSelig
10-08-2012, 02:17 PM
How is Chris Carpenter going to explain these shadows to his son?

cw0802
10-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Did Jason Werth and the Nats complain about a school board malfunction and teams stealing their signs?

I understand alot of teams, and in this instance both the Cardinals and Nats are saying its hard to see with the shadows, BUT the Cardinals have a long history of complaining about anything and everything. This isn't about the game time and the shadows that might occur, its more about the Cardinals whining once again. Hey its what they do best!!!

I do realize that anytime a Cardinal player is asked about anything, he's going to be whining. I get that. There's nothing any player can do. So, the Cards will continue to complain their way to more championships. And you guys can continue to do nothing but preoccupy yourselves with what the Cardinals are doing and saying. And, shocker, you'll continue to complain about them...irony.

coach23
10-08-2012, 03:26 PM
I do realize that anytime a Cardinal player is asked about anything, he's going to be whining. I get that. There's nothing any player can do. So, the Cards will continue to complain their way to more championships. And you guys can continue to do nothing but preoccupy yourselves with what the Cardinals are doing and saying. And, shocker, you'll continue to complain about them...irony.

You are making it sound as if the Cardinals are just answering questions to the media or something, and we are the ones making it sound as if they are complaining. The fact is they bring it on themselves. Did the media make Larussa make complaints to the MLB about Milwaukee and them supposedly stealing signs, or the mound not being right in Colorado??? No they did that themselves. We comment about them complaining, we are not complaing the Cardinals are the ones doing that.

Just wanted to clear things up for you......now go complain about something like late afternoon start times.

fielder's choice
10-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Who cares about the Cardinals?

cw0802
10-08-2012, 03:37 PM
You are making it sound as if the Cardinals are just answering questions to the media or something, and we are the ones making it sound as if they are complaining. The fact is they bring it on themselves. Did the media make Larussa make complaints to the MLB about Milwaukee and them supposedly stealing signs, or the mound not being right in Colorado??? No they did that themselves. We comment about them complaining, we are not complaing the Cardinals are the ones doing that.

Just wanted to clear things up for you......now go complain about something like late afternoon start times.

You seem to get awfully worked up about the Cardinals. Simmer down dude. That was all part of what La Russa did. I got sick of it after a while.

Funny though, of all the fan boards i belong too...you guys complain the most about the Cardinals. The Cubs don't even whine this much.

The start times are ridiculous, and you guys would be talking about it if it were the Reds.

RedsFaninAfrica
10-08-2012, 03:52 PM
I don't see anyone on this forum complaining about the Cardinals. I'm not complaining about them. But if you think I am, let me set the record straight: I love it that they are the way they are. I find their antics hilariously entertaining. I wouldn't have it any other way. So just to clarify - there's a big difference between complaining and making fun of them. I'm making fun of them. Do Reds fans do it more than fans of other teams? Of course we do. Why? Because we just don't like them. They don't like us either. It's all fair.

I also love it that the Reds just go out play the game of baseball. If the ball is slick, they rub it down. If the mound isn't quite right, they adjust and go on. If they have to play an afternoon game, they play it the best they can realizing that the other team has to do it too and its the same for both sides.

Todd Gack
10-08-2012, 03:58 PM

So the question is, why are you here complaining about the Cardinals complaining? Can't you complain about Reds fans complaining about Cardinals boards on your own board?

cw0802
10-08-2012, 04:19 PM
I don't see anyone on this forum complaining about the Cardinals. I'm not complaining about them. But if you think I am, let me set the record straight: I love it that they are the way they are. I find their antics hilariously entertaining. I wouldn't have it any other way. So just to clarify - there's a big difference between complaining and making fun of them. I'm making fun of them. Do Reds fans do it more than fans of other teams? Of course we do. Why? Because we just don't like them. They don't like us either. It's all fair.

I also love it that the Reds just go out play the game of baseball. If the ball is slick, they rub it down. If the mound isn't quite right, they adjust and go on. If they have to play an afternoon game, they play it the best they can realizing that the other team has to do it too and its the same for both sides.

Of course you don't see much complaining...you've been here for 5 minutes.

OH yeah, as for the Reds not complaining...i recall Phillips and Cueto not making the All Star team and there was a lot of complaining going on. From Dusty, from BP and Cueto. I for one thought Cueto should have made the team and possibly been named starter (even though he was scheduled to make the start the next day), he should have been given that honor. But nope, everyone here thought it was some big huge FU from La Russa. When in reality, the Reds fans didn't vote enough for either one....then the players didn't vote for either one. So when the vote fell to La Russa...suddenly it was all his fault.

Don't even get me started on how stupid it was for BP to scurry off to Twitter and cry "racism" before even trying to address the issue behind closed doors.

With La Russa, yes, I see the Cards complaining about stupid stuff as being funny. Look through some of my old posts, I openly admit it. Matheny, completely different ball game. This was just a case of players being asked about something they've been asked about every year. Going all the way back to 2004, the Cards had to play a 2pm start time and guys like Renteria and Reggie Sanders commented on the shadows. Nothing new.

cw0802
10-08-2012, 04:24 PM
So the question is, why are you here complaining about the Cardinals complaining? Can't you complain about Reds fans complaining about Cardinals boards on your own board?

Because i've been coming here for a long time and often enjoy the conversation with other teams fans.

Cards Talk is full of a bunch of blind homers.

texasdave
10-08-2012, 06:54 PM
I am betting we won't hear a peep about those shadows after today's game.

cw0802
10-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Game started after the shadows made their way across the infield. Still a stupid start time for a playoff game.

Todd Gack
10-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Game started after the shadows made their way across the infield. Still a stupid start time for a playoff game.

And you're posting here during your favorite team's payoff game. Seriously, what are you still doing here?

cw0802
10-08-2012, 10:02 PM
And you're posting here during your favorite team's payoff game. Seriously, what are you still doing here?

Conversing with others talking about playoff baseball. If you want me to stop posting, stop responding. Seriously... why do you keep responding...seriously.... seriously

foxfire123
10-08-2012, 10:03 PM
I don't see anyone on this forum complaining about the Cardinals.

Oh I admit I complain about them. I hate that team and 99.9% of their fans with a white hot passion. Comes from having to live around all the arrogant jerks. I was told yet again tonight that "You live in Missouri (not by choice mind you!) You should be a Cardinals fan!" If I had a dime for every time those arrogant donkey's behinds said that, I'd be quite happily retired on that little farm in Ohio with 2 horses and a real donkey's behind in my barn.....

cw0802
10-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Oh I admit I complain about them. I hate that team and 99.9% of their fans with a white hot passion. Comes from having to live around all the arrogant jerks. I was told yet again tonight that "I live in Missouri (not by choice mind you!) I should be a Cardinals fan!" If I had a dime for every time those arrogant donkey's behinds saidf that, I'd be quite happily retired on that little farm in Ohio with 2 horses and a real donkey's behind in my barn.....

I have never and will never be that fan. You can be a fan of whomever and I won't belittle you for loving your team. We all poke fun, but I won't judge or trash you.

bigredmechanism
10-08-2012, 10:31 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/672024/mcgwirecryingmlbnetwork.jpg

cw0802
10-08-2012, 10:38 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/672024/mcgwirecryingmlbnetwork.jpg

Throwing McGuire around won't upset me. I knew he was a joke back when he was playing. Sure he did roids...so did Sosa...I can't believe Sosa's corked bat isn't brought up more. But McGuire...big joke. He did eventually fess up, which i guess was good. But still...joke.

bigredmechanism
10-08-2012, 10:49 PM
http://1000awesomethings.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/crying_baby.jpg

cw0802
10-08-2012, 10:58 PM
http://1000awesomethings.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/crying_baby.jpg

Good one...little guy is even wearing red.

bigredmechanism
10-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Good one...little guy is even wearing red.

That was intentional. :laugh:

cw0802
10-08-2012, 11:02 PM
That was intentional. :laugh:

kudos...i laughed.

goreds2
10-08-2012, 11:04 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/22318614.jpg

cw0802
10-08-2012, 11:06 PM
http://http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/22318614.jpg

Just got two and a Musial jersey. Think i went to 3 games last year, but the ushers let me and thousands of others into Busch in the 9th of game 7 of the World Series.

cw0802
10-08-2012, 11:08 PM
I can do the funny picture thing too...imagine this guy fat and with braids....maybe a little darker too...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ZeFyW1YeR4o/TcwYTQ-tr9I/AAAAAAAAC5g/hiPwkPs2Psc/s1600/kung-fu-5.jpg

cw0802
10-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Cueto ready to pitch...

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNeDjZLUa0xLVL4m6tTPa5NwYdv8xeA BNhxjXv0bYFXv8KQCe4--1UzZzo

bha
10-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Forget Napa Valley, St. Louis has become Whine Country.

foxfire123
10-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Cueto ready to pitch...

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNeDjZLUa0xLVL4m6tTPa5NwYdv8xeA BNhxjXv0bYFXv8KQCe4--1UzZzo

Ok, now you're starting to cross lines.

foxfire123
10-08-2012, 11:34 PM
double post

cw0802
10-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Forget Napa Valley, St. Louis has become Whine Country.

Actually there's some very nice wine country about 45 minutes outside of St. Louis in Hermann, Mo.

http://www.hermannhill.com/

cw0802
10-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Ok, now you're starting to cross lines.

It was a little funny...

WDE
10-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Wow, that's pathetic. Good for Craig, though. He gained respect from me with that commment.

bigredmechanism
10-08-2012, 11:47 PM
http://donkeyts.com.s3.amazonaws.com/artifacts/images/Product_Data/thumb-530x274-design-photo2105-1035.jpg

foxfire123
10-08-2012, 11:50 PM
Actually there's some very nice wine country about 45 minutes outside of St. Louis in Hermann, Mo.

http://www.hermannhill.com/

Augusta is pretty good too.

cw0802
10-08-2012, 11:54 PM
What do Cardinal players do in their off time during Spring Training?

Old Skool Baseball Card Tournament -- Matt Holliday vs. David Freese - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9jWFKIaqu4&feature=relmfu)

bigredmechanism
10-09-2012, 12:08 AM
What do Cardinal players do in their off time during Spring Training?

Old Skool Baseball Card Tournament -- Matt Holliday vs. David Freese - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9jWFKIaqu4&feature=relmfu)

http://livethecounterculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/no-one-cares.jpg

LeDoux
10-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Just think what would have happened if smoke from the fireworks mixed with the shadows .....

:beerme:

RedsFaninAfrica
10-09-2012, 12:30 PM
It's too bad that a sciaphobia (fear of shadows) pandemic has spread so quickly in St. Louis. I hear there are 25 reported cases at Busch Stadium alone. Maybe we should all take up a collection and hire the Cardinals a shrink. NOT!

:laugh:

RedsFaninAfrica
10-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Paul Francis Sullivan wrote on article on the Reds today in which he said the following:

The Reds and their fans could have had a lot to complain about at the start of this postseason. They won 97 games and had to start on the road against Matt Cain and Madison Bumgarner. That is not fair. But the Reds did not care if it was fair. They just won. That's what champions do.

That's exactly what we've been saying on this thread the last few days (with one minor exception). By contrast, part of Tony LaRussa's legacy is that he left a culture of complaining behind him when he retired. It's going to take a few years for it to wear off.

cw0802
10-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Paul Francis Sullivan wrote on article on the Reds today in which he said the following:

The Reds and their fans could have had a lot to complain about at the start of this postseason. They won 97 games and had to start on the road against Matt Cain and Madison Bumgarner. That is not fair. But the Reds did not care if it was fair. They just won. That's what champions do.

That's exactly what we've been saying on this thread the last few days (with one minor exception). By contrast, part of Tony LaRussa's legacy is that he left a culture of complaining behind him when he retired. It's going to take a few years for it to wear off.

cute hat

Culture of complaining? I don't know if that's accurate. No excuses were being made. Just being asked if the shadows impacted the game, they said yes, for both teams. Matt Holliday, "I don't know if you noticed but both teams had trouble squaring up."

All game, the announcers were discussing how difficult the shadows were making the game, but were the Cardinals have mentioned the shadows making the game tough, and they still won that game, would the "whiner" label be placed on them? Honest question.

RedsFaninAfrica
10-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Thanks guy,

Let me set the record straight. I've been yanking your chain the last few days on this thread, but actually I respect you for hanging out in enemy territory and keeping us all honest.

cw0802
10-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Thanks guy,

Let me set the record straight. I've been yanking your chain the last few days on this thread, but actually I respect you for hanging out in enemy territory and keeping us all honest.

Thanks Buddy. I edited my last post. Honestly, I want to see your opinion.

I know i'm biased, but when everyone is saying something, i don't see how it's complaining and whining?

RedsFaninAfrica
10-09-2012, 03:50 PM
I know i'm biased, but when everyone is saying something, i don't see how it's complaining and whining?

If you or I said it to our buddies, NO one would consider it whining or complaining. But like it our not, fair or not, when prominent ball players make such comments in the national press, it always gets perceived as making excuses, especially by those who aren't predisposed to like them. It's part of being famous. What you can say at the breakfast table, you can't say in the press room. Just a little piece of wisdom that I hope Brandon Phillips is beginning to learn.

Something Sir Charles Barclay never learned and that's why the press loved him so much.

So, are we still friends?

cw0802
10-09-2012, 04:28 PM
If you or I said it to our buddies, NO one would consider it whining or complaining. But like it our not, fair or not, when prominent ball players make such comments in the national press, it always gets perceived as making excuses, especially by those who aren't predisposed to like them. It's part of being famous. What you can say at the breakfast table, you can't say in the press room. Just a little piece of wisdom that I hope Brandon Phillips is beginning to learn.

Something Sir Charles Barclay never learned and that's why the press loved him so much.

So, are we still friends?

I have no bad blood here. I've always tried to be respectful of those here...though I will, on a rare occasion, throw out the WS titles or the Game 6 epic as my trump card.

I for one don't dislike the Reds at all, with the exception of Cueto for obvious reasons. I am capable of saying that he deserved to be an All-Star. Very talented team with some great personalities and I'm not surprised they're up 2-0 on the Giants.

I think we can all agree that Nyger Morgan is a joke, right?

RedsFaninAfrica
10-09-2012, 04:48 PM
I think we can all agree that Nyger Morgan is a joke, right?

Ahhh! Some common ground.

shan12stones
10-10-2012, 01:16 AM
foxfire i live in il near stl and i hate most cards fans to.i hear the same stuff to.plus i'm tired of hearing 12in12 by cards fans.also have had cards fans get in my personal space at games.they get in my face when i'm minding my own damn business.some cards fans are nut cases.i have lived all over the usa and people in the stl metro area are the biggest jerks i have ever meet in my entire life.

holyood11
10-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Wow, that's pathetic. Good for Craig, though. He gained respect from me with that commment.

goreds2
10-10-2012, 08:23 AM
some cards fans are nut cases.i have lived all over the usa and people in the stl metro area are the biggest jerks i have ever meet in my entire life.

http://www.warrenadler.com/wp-content/uploads/standingovation.jpg

Todd Gack
10-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Conversing with others talking about playoff baseball. If you want me to stop posting, stop responding. Seriously... why do you keep responding...seriously.... seriously

Let me ask you again: What serious Cardinals fan is posting on a Reds message board during a Cardinals playoff game? You're 'conversing' by defending your whiny team. You're not actually talking baseball which is probably a good thing.

Todd Gack
10-10-2012, 08:38 AM
cute hat

Culture of complaining? I don't know if that's accurate. No excuses were being made. Just being asked if the shadows impacted the game, they said yes, for both teams. Matt Holliday, "I don't know if you noticed but both teams had trouble squaring up."

All game, the announcers were discussing how difficult the shadows were making the game, but were the Cardinals have mentioned the shadows making the game tough, and they still won that game, would the "whiner" label be placed on them? Honest question.

The point is that why even complain about the shadows as Holliday did? There's no point. Just shut up and play the game. We're talking about shadows, not the game, not the game I love watching. We're talking about shadows man. Shadows. Come on man.

BurgervilleBuck
10-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Let me ask you again: What serious Cardinals fan is posting on a Reds message board during a Cardinals playoff game? You're 'conversing' by defending your whiny team.
Multi-tasking? When I listen to Reds games on the radio, I don't just post here. I'm on a couple different forums. Perhaps, the guy just likes to get other perspectives.

I'm as much a Cardinals hater as the next guy but that's the team, not the fans. In truth, he's been a goodly competitor and hasn't resorted to the old Steelers tactic of waving championships in our faces.*

So there.

* Funny story. After the Steelers won their fifth Super Bowl, one of my nephews all of a sudden became a fan. During a Bengals-Steelers game, we were ragging on each other. Then he held up his hand and showed me his five fingers. He asked if I knew what that was. I said, yeah, it's the hand you used to climb on the bandwagon. :laugh:

cw0802
10-10-2012, 02:59 PM
The point is that why even complain about the shadows as Holliday did? There's no point. Just shut up and play the game. We're talking about shadows, not the game, not the game I love watching. We're talking about shadows man. Shadows. Come on man.

The topic was raised that the Cardinals were whining about the shadows. I'm simply debating that it wasn't whining. If they were blaming the loss on the shadows, sure, whining. Heck, i hated it when La Russa would bring up stuff like lights in a stadium, or stealing signs. But there's a difference between whining, and being asked for comment about something the local and national media were discussing. Especially when other players for other teams were asked about it and said just about the same thing.

The reason the Reds haven't had the opportunity to comment on something like that...they're playing a major market team so they're getting the prime time game.

Jason Heyward and other Braves barked about the Wild Card playoff time because, the sun and shadows are especially difficult at that time. Braves announcers attibuted Uggla's missed ball because the sun was in his eyes. Is this all whining and crying too?

SO i again ask, when other teams and players openly discuss the same thing the Cards do, why is it not complaining?

But again, at least none of the Cardinals players called someone a racist on Twitter.

p.s.

I'll never throw the world series titles in your face. That's just poor sportmanship! You know what the Cards have and what they've done. You don't need me telling you that.

cw0802
10-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Multi-tasking? When I listen to Reds games on the radio, I don't just post here. I'm on a couple different forums. Perhaps, the guy just likes to get other perspectives.

I'm as much a Cardinals hater as the next guy but that's the team, not the fans. In truth, he's been a goodly competitor and hasn't resorted to the old Steelers tactic of waving championships in our faces.*

So there.

* Funny story. After the Steelers won their fifth Super Bowl, one of my nephews all of a sudden became a fan. During a Bengals-Steelers game, we were ragging on each other. Then he held up his hand and showed me his five fingers. He asked if I knew what that was. I said, yeah, it's the hand you used to climb on the bandwagon. :laugh:

Thank you for rational thought.

The_Mudshark
10-10-2012, 04:44 PM
I've been coming here since 2010, why? Because i like it.

You seriously enjoy this?

:bang:

HometownHero
10-10-2012, 04:46 PM
I think its stupid for fans to be active on a rival message board. Its fine to see what they are talking about but lame to post, even when Reds fans do it to others its weak IMO.

cw0802
10-10-2012, 06:13 PM
I think its stupid for fans to be active on a rival message board. Its fine to see what they are talking about but lame to post, even when Reds fans do it to others its weak IMO.

Aw come on Hometown! WHere's the love?! I've had fun going back and forth with you the few times that i have!

BurgervilleBuck
10-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Thank you for rational thought.

It's just a game. Or, as Bill Hick said, it's just a ride. ;)

Todd Gack
10-10-2012, 07:57 PM

So there.

Multi tasking? Really? That's an excuse to be sitting by yourself thinking what other fans think of you, during a playoff game nonetheless?

Todd Gack
10-10-2012, 08:02 PM

The only reason for fans to actively post on other teams message boards is to loudly or passively troll.

Todd Gack
10-10-2012, 08:06 PM
The topic was raised that the Cardinals were whining about the shadows. I'm simply debating that it wasn't whining. If they were blaming the loss on the shadows, sure, whining. Heck, i hated it when La Russa would bring up stuff like lights in a stadium, or stealing signs. But there's a difference between whining, and being asked for comment about something the local and national media were discussing. Especially when other players for other teams were asked about it and said just about the same thing.

The reason the Reds haven't had the opportunity to comment on something like that...they're playing a major market team so they're getting the prime time game.

Jason Heyward and other Braves barked about the Wild Card playoff time because, the sun and shadows are especially difficult at that time. Braves announcers attibuted Uggla's missed ball because the sun was in his eyes. Is this all whining and crying too?

SO i again ask, when other teams and players openly discuss the same thing the Cards do, why is it not complaining?

But again, at least none of the Cardinals players called someone a racist on Twitter.

p.s.

I'll never throw the world series titles in your face. That's just poor sportmanship! You know what the Cards have and what they've done. You don't need me telling you that.

I've already told you: You guys have a longer and louder history of complaining. It's the reason James Harrison is looked at more closely for illegal hits. Not to mention your team has been World Champions and a class organization and you have the biggest babies on your team acting like 13-year-olds. It kinda cheapens the professionalism your team pretends to show.

aredbirdfan
10-10-2012, 09:22 PM
I think a few of the poster here understand about the "crying".

The St. Louis ballpark is not set up for late afternoon baseball. Start a game at 1pm or 7pm and all is well.

It's not an advantage to either team. It's just a shame that games that mean so much are played in the sun/shadows. Imagine trying to hit a baseball with a strobe light flashing. The ball actually goes in and out of the shadows twice before it reaches home plate. (In a half a second)

If your team manages to beat the Giants and face the Cardinals in the next round, you may get a chance to see it. It's hard for the camera crew to adjust to the changing light.

It also has to do the networks schedule. Play the important Yankee games in prime time and the heck with the rest of the games. You'd think the defending World Champions would get a little respect in the schedule also. But no, it's all about rating and ca$h.

aredbirdfan
10-10-2012, 09:28 PM
The only reason for fans to actively post on other teams message boards is to loudly or passively troll.

Not true. Some enjoy discussing baseball and if your team manages to win, it could be interesting to discuss the upcoming series.

I had some good discussions with Phillies fans last season. Before during and after we whipped 'em.

Same with the Ranger fans.

Hope there are a few of you willing to do the same.

Salukifan2
10-10-2012, 10:17 PM
there is too much hate between the posters on this thread. This forum hates on the cardinals more than bleacher nation does and the cubs are the cardinals biggest rival. The honest truth is that every NL fan in the midwest is sick of the cardinals. They have been the most successful NL franchise for the last decade and everyone is tired of it. Reds fans look at this year as maybe a passing of the torch while cardinal fans want to keep holding on.

BurgervilleBuck
10-10-2012, 10:21 PM

Perhaps for you. Others seem to think otherwise.

cw0802
10-11-2012, 03:47 PM
I don't hate anyone on this thread! I try to bring up valid points, then i'm told to stop being a whiney baby. Though the Harrison analogy was pretty good.

I'm not trying to rub this in the faces of anyone, but every year the Cards make the playoffs, they get midday start times that, 1. make it tough for fans to watch or attend and 2. make it difficult on all players due to the sun and stadium shadows.

As the Reds make the playoffs more and more (i expect this to happen), you'll get frustrated too. You expect a team that's good and has the history of the Reds (in my case the Cards) to get a little more respect. But it doesn't happen because it's a big ole' money grab and markets like ours end up on the bottom of the pile. Which his why last year was so much more sweeter.

Shoot...the frustration is already setting in (kudos on the shot at the cards fans in this thread...)

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98881

StL_Dan
10-11-2012, 03:50 PM
The Cards are always the underdogs...just the way I like it!

GO CARDS

SpiritofStLouis
10-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Win or lose, just get it done by 4:07 so I can see the Cardinal game.

Good luck.

As for the shadows, it might not be fair to either team, but it is what it is. As I tell my Cardinal brethren, if you want national media market respect, get an ocean.

CARDSJIM
10-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Just seeing this post and wanting to make a comment. Not trolling at all or trying to poke anyone, but wanting to join the discussion. I really think that there is a bit of envy against the Cardinals. There is a reason that most NL fans have a disdain of the Cards. They win. Alot. We are like the Yankees, Cowboys or the Lakers. When a franchise is as successful for a long period of time, then there is bound to be resentment. Just like a previous poster said, people are tired of the Cardinals winning. It's understandable. Everyone else can't wait for you to lose and we want to hang on to our success for as long as possible. I think this rivalry is funner than the cubs-Cards because the Reds have a very good team and it is very balanced between the two teams. Right now the Cards are the king of the mountain but the Reds are trying to push them off. Here's to many years of good baseball between the two teams, and many years of "discussion" between the fans!

HometownHero
10-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Now you guys know why I wanted the Cards out for so long, their team is the luckiest team of all time and their fans are the worst.

StL_Dan
10-11-2012, 06:00 PM
now you guys know why i wanted the cards out for so long, their team is the luckiest team of all time and their fans are the worst.

puuuuuleeeeeeease

HometownHero
10-11-2012, 06:02 PM
puuuuuleeeeeeease

Thanks, you made my point.

StL_Dan
10-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Thanks, you made my point.

LOL....nice season by your Redlegs. Wish they could have met up with the Cards in the NLCS, if the Cards take care of biz in DC.

Looking fwd to more battles with Cincy next season.

Let's make it a two team divisional race every year.

foxfire123
10-11-2012, 06:24 PM
puuuuuleeeeeeease

GO. AWAY. Coming over here to gloat and poke the bear is NOT. A. GOOD. IDEA.

cw0802
10-11-2012, 07:22 PM
GO. AWAY. Coming over here to gloat and poke the bear is NOT. A. GOOD. IDEA.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4qO008SYoF4/T3zy1Bf3UaI/AAAAAAAADXc/ch2c4s-DbK4/s1600/super-troopers-bear-guy.jpg

foxfire123
10-11-2012, 10:27 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4qO008SYoF4/T3zy1Bf3UaI/AAAAAAAADXc/ch2c4s-DbK4/s1600/super-troopers-bear-guy.jpg

You are warped beyond recognition... :lol:

10-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Now you guys know why I wanted the Cards out for so long, their team is the luckiest team of all time and their fans are the worst.

They weren't too lucky tonight. If that continues tomorrow night, we might be able to term 2012 an unlucky year for our friends down St Louis way. Also, there were very, very few redbirds among the roughly 44,000 in attendance at Game 4 in Washington. So the Cards fan factor wasn't too bad.

cw0802
10-11-2012, 11:50 PM
You are warped beyond recognition... :lol:

Thank you! But it made ya laugh!

I got love for the reds folks! Don't let a few bad apples spoil your views of us all!

goreds2
10-11-2012, 11:56 PM
I got love for the reds folks! Don't let a few bad apples spoil your views of us all!

More than a few:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyxDTlCL7AVvoVCnILVQmv479quoR6F _Yg6WJP3nqR0l24XNmbhw

foxfire123
10-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Thank you! But it made ya laugh!

Yeah, I had to chuckle at that because I do have a completely warped sense of humor, but I still don't like 99+% of the Cards fans, sorry.

cw0802
10-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I had to chuckle at that because I do have a completely warped sense of humor, but I still don't like 99+% of the Cards fans, sorry.

Understandable.

I'd raise the argument that every fan base has those who misrepresent the majority.

And I too have a completely warped sense of humor. As you noticed.

cw0802
10-12-2012, 07:52 PM
More than a few:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyxDTlCL7AVvoVCnILVQmv479quoR6F _Yg6WJP3nqR0l24XNmbhw

Well yeah...but there's more people who respect the other teams than those who don't.

goreds2
10-12-2012, 08:25 PM
http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/5/829e99bc40fbfd0b0c3f7e64c1f0040c/l.jpg

foxfire123
10-12-2012, 11:05 PM
http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/5/829e99bc40fbfd0b0c3f7e64c1f0040c/l.jpg

Is that 1940757690? :laugh:

joshua
10-13-2012, 01:32 AM
The baseball gods have taken a giant crap on my face.

Baseball sucks right about now.

redsrolen
10-13-2012, 01:36 AM
The baseball gods have taken a giant crap on my face.

Baseball sucks right about now.

Think the Baseball Devil is in control...the BB Gods would never allow this....

Spider Tre
10-13-2012, 01:40 AM
the Baseball Devil took over when the Reds were up 2-0 and has been wreaking havoc ever since

not gonna pay attention to the remainder of the postseason because all the teams i was rooting for are all eliminated...

foxfire123
10-13-2012, 01:52 AM
There is one team I still like, but now I'm afraid to root for them since I swear I'm a flippin' jinx...

joshua
10-13-2012, 01:56 AM
I hope the Tigers sweep everybody...but I have a feeling that the Cardinals are going to win it all..again.

redsrolen
10-13-2012, 02:03 AM
I hope the Tigers sweep everybody...but I have a feeling that the Cardinals are going to win it all..again.

This & this:(

cw0802
10-13-2012, 02:19 AM
Some nights....the Cardinals come back to win!

http://youtu.be/Oopo5oPlYas

Ace-king
10-13-2012, 02:41 PM
My FIRST post. I'm a Cards' fan - with great respect for the Reds. You deserved to win the Division two years ago and again this year. And, it won't be the last - with all your top players signed for years to come.

Nevertheless, with all due respect (and understanding that this is a Reds Forum), I'm surprised by some of the trashing of the St. L. Cardinals. Yes, they finished 9 games behind the Reds, and Yes, without the 2nd WC, they wouldn't even be in the Playoffs. But, it's not THEIR fault (Cards') that MLB instituted the 2nd WC - and they won it fair and square - beating Atlanta in Atlanta. Now beating the team with the best W-L record in baseball - and again doing it - in Washington.

I'm not talking with two tongues - you (Reds) won the Division handily, and deserved it. But, don't take the Cards so lightly. They beat you in the season series 8-7, including the last two series. Look at your line-up and the Cards: I don't think most baseball experts would see more than three Reds cracking the Cards' starting line-up. And starting pitching was nearly the same team ERA. Your big edge was the bull-pen. There's no argument there.

Last word. Cards were "lucky" to get in - using the 2nd WC ticket. But, now that they're in, I don't think any team in baseball - including the Reds - would really LIKE to face them. Cards are dangerous, and everyone knows it.

I'll probably get blasted by some/many of you - too bad. Sports is competition - and between rivals, there ought to be some mutual respect. Certainly there is between PLAYERS on the two teams...

Good luck to the Reds next year and the future.

Mastodon
10-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Sad to see once again the same old perennial playoff teams in the championship series and the underdog surprise teams from small markets all got eliminated.

krm1580
10-13-2012, 04:59 PM
My FIRST post. I'm a Cards' fan - with great respect for the Reds. You deserved to win the Division two years ago and again this year. And, it won't be the last - with all your top players signed for years to come.

Nevertheless, with all due respect (and understanding that this is a Reds Forum), I'm surprised by some of the trashing of the St. L. Cardinals. Yes, they finished 9 games behind the Reds, and Yes, without the 2nd WC, they wouldn't even be in the Playoffs. But, it's not THEIR fault (Cards') that MLB instituted the 2nd WC - and they won it fair and square - beating Atlanta in Atlanta. Now beating the team with the best W-L record in baseball - and again doing it - in Washington.

I'm not talking with two tongues - you (Reds) won the Division handily, and deserved it. But, don't take the Cards so lightly. They beat you in the season series 8-7, including the last two series. Look at your line-up and the Cards: I don't think most baseball experts would see more than three Reds cracking the Cards' starting line-up. And starting pitching was nearly the same team ERA. Your big edge was the bull-pen. There's no argument there.

Last word. Cards were "lucky" to get in - using the 2nd WC ticket. But, now that they're in, I don't think any team in baseball - including the Reds - would really LIKE to face them. Cards are dangerous, and everyone knows it.

I'll probably get blasted by some/many of you - too bad. Sports is competition - and between rivals, there ought to be some mutual respect. Certainly there is between PLAYERS on the two teams...

Good luck to the Reds next year and the future.

I am in my mid 40s and have been a Reds fan my whole life. The interesting thing is for most of it, I had absolutely no opinion on the Cardinals. Really for most of my life they have been largely irrelevant. They won the WS in 82 but that as it as far a championships go so it was never like they were some dislikable dynasty. They were never in the same division as the Reds growing up. They never had a playoff series with Cardinals and until recently there was nothing between the teams at all.

When Tony LaRussa became the manager of the Cardinals, I started rooting against them. Not because I had any issue with the Cardinals, but because Tony LaRussa is a liar and a cheat. I despised him in Oakland and his whole "I had no idea guys on my team were doing steroids." just reinforced my opinion of him being a dirtbag.

So Tony LaRussa is gone, outside of Chris Carpenter there are not a lot of dislikable guys on the roster and the funny thing is I now despise them. And the reason is this message board.

Reds had a really chippy nasty series with the Pirates this year with guys getting plunked and all kinds of nonsense going on. No Pirate fans hopped on the Reds message board to spout off.

Tight playoff series with the Giants this year, there was only 1 Giant fan who hopped on the board and he was very complimentary and a decent guy.

Two years ago, we played the Phillies, home of the most self absorbed obnoxious fans on the planet and again, 1 guy. In fairness he was dope, but what do you expect from Philly. Point being, 1 guy.

So the Reds are out of the playoffs, they did not have a series with the Cardinals and yet this message board is teaming with Cardinal fans popping off about them winning.

Look the Cardinals are a good team and have played well but they have caught a lot of breaks. Cardinal fans want to focus on the fact they have played well, ignoring they have gotten breaks. Reds fans want to focus on the breaks ignoring they have played well.

It would seem to be a push except for the fact it is a Reds message board, and Reds fans really don't care what Cardinal fans opinions of the Cardinals are.

To folks like Magdal, who are Cardinal fans but have been long time solid citizens on this board I am not referring to you so I apologize up front if you think I am.

Salukifan2
10-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Im not going to lie. I am a cards fan. I like this message board. Cincinnati is one of the great baseball towns and they have good fans and i like the intelligent baseball conversations that can be had. But the reason cards fans are hopping on this is to defend there team. Ive been on this forum for only about a week and almost half of all the threads have some derogutory comment about not just the cardinals but there fans. How the hell does someone living 8 hours from st louis comment on the overall demeanor of st louis fans.

Illini84
10-13-2012, 05:30 PM

Actually, what they do best is win in the postseason. I get the animosity towards the Cardinals but I can't help but think that the outrage at the Cardinals whining is displaced anger for not being in their position. For what it's worth, I was rooting for the Reds against SF and I actually like Brandon Phillips for being the colorful character he is. A Reds vs. Cardinals series would have been much more compelling than Cards/ Giants. The Cards did their part. I think the 2nd wild card one game playoff is stupid, also. But every team knew the landscape going into the season and the Cardinals climbed through that window. It is true that ostensibly the best team doesn't win but the Cardinals thrive under pressure while other teams wilt under the strain. Looking forward to Cardinals and Reds matchups next year.

Illini84
10-13-2012, 05:44 PM
foxfire i live in il near stl and i hate most cards fans to.i hear the same stuff to.plus i'm tired of hearing 12in12 by cards fans.also have had cards fans get in my personal space at games.they get in my face when i'm minding my own damn business.some cards fans are nut cases.i have lived all over the usa and people in the stl metro area are the biggest jerks i have ever meet in my entire life.

Thank you, e e cummings.

HometownHero
10-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Cards fans insecurities are off the charts hilarious, their team pulls off a big comeback and the first thing they crave is to flock to rival teams message boards.

Amazing how one non-called check swing changed everyone posting plans.

birdsonthebat
10-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Who is whining now?:D

cw0802
10-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Cards fans insecurities are off the charts hilarious, their team pulls off a big comeback and the first thing they crave is to flock to rival teams message boards.

Amazing how one non-called check swing changed everyone posting plans.

I could easily say one non-called strike in game 4 that went the Nats way. Easy, plain and simple. There was bad calls that went both ways.

birdsonthebat
10-13-2012, 08:21 PM
I could easily say one non-called strike in game 4 that went the Nats way. Easy, plain and simple. There was bad calls that went both ways.

A Jason Werth pitch in the bottom of the 9th in game 4. Holliday was called out a few innings before on a pitch outside. Werth's was called a ball and it was closer to the strike zone than any three thrown to Holliday.

cw0802
10-13-2012, 08:24 PM
I am in my mid 40s and have been a Reds fan my whole life. The interesting thing is for most of it, I had absolutely no opinion on the Cardinals. Really for most of my life they have been largely irrelevant. They won the WS in 82 but that as it as far a championships go so it was never like they were some dislikable dynasty. They were never in the same division as the Reds growing up. They never had a playoff series with Cardinals and until recently there was nothing between the teams at all.

When Tony LaRussa became the manager of the Cardinals, I started rooting against them. Not because I had any issue with the Cardinals, but because Tony LaRussa is a liar and a cheat. I despised him in Oakland and his whole "I had no idea guys on my team were doing steroids." just reinforced my opinion of him being a dirtbag.

So Tony LaRussa is gone, outside of Chris Carpenter there are not a lot of dislikable guys on the roster and the funny thing is I now despise them. And the reason is this message board.

Reds had a really chippy nasty series with the Pirates this year with guys getting plunked and all kinds of nonsense going on. No Pirate fans hopped on the Reds message board to spout off.

Tight playoff series with the Giants this year, there was only 1 Giant fan who hopped on the board and he was very complimentary and a decent guy.

Two years ago, we played the Phillies, home of the most self absorbed obnoxious fans on the planet and again, 1 guy. In fairness he was dope, but what do you expect from Philly. Point being, 1 guy.

So the Reds are out of the playoffs, they did not have a series with the Cardinals and yet this message board is teaming with Cardinal fans popping off about them winning.

Look the Cardinals are a good team and have played well but they have caught a lot of breaks. Cardinal fans want to focus on the fact they have played well, ignoring they have gotten breaks. Reds fans want to focus on the breaks ignoring they have played well.

It would seem to be a push except for the fact it is a Reds message board, and Reds fans really don't care what Cardinal fans opinions of the Cardinals are.

To folks like Magdal, who are Cardinal fans but have been long time solid citizens on this board I am not referring to you so I apologize up front if you think I am.

This was perfect.

Though I will bring up, while the Pirates/Reds series got heated, it never reached the level of the big brawl and there are many on both sides that still carry that with them. I, for one, let it all go and was glad to hear BP, JC, Yadi and Carp met in a tunnel to bury the hatchet. But there are still many idiots that feel like they need to rub our post season success in your face. They are just that, idiots but if you read over at Cards talk there's some bad apples talking trash from Cincinnati. Goes both ways.

HometownHero
10-13-2012, 08:24 PM

The Cards got every call in the field and far more of the questionable strike calls, You're a paranoid Cards fan so you refuse to see it from an outside unbiased perspective go back and read the scoreboard watching threads and see how much bad calls were mentioned.

Cards fans seek validation more than any fans in the league despite having the 2nd amount of titles in baseball. I've never seen anything like it, you guys absolutely can't stand it people don't bow down to your team. That's why people like Jeff Passan and Keith Law mock you in the media so badly.

cw0802
10-13-2012, 08:33 PM
The Cards got every call in the field and far more of the questionable strike calls, You're a paranoid Cards fan so you refuse to see it from an outside unbiased perspective go back and read the scoreboard watching threads and see how much bad calls were mentioned.

Cards fans seek validation more than any fans in the league despite having the 2nd amount of titles in baseball. I've never seen anything like it, you guys absolutely can't stand it people don't bow down to your team. That's why people like Jeff Passan and Keith Law mock you in the media so badly.

I'm not seeking validation, especially from you because regardless of what St. Louis does, you will never give them credit. I'm not asking you to bow. But with every post, you show your bitterness more and more. Refusing to give credit. Every Cardinal victory is nothing but luck to you. You explain away what they did by bringing up bad calls and production from unlikely sources.

Was their 12-4 and 8-0 wins just luck too?

HometownHero
10-13-2012, 09:37 PM
I'm not seeking validation, especially from you because regardless of what St. Louis does, you will never give them credit. I'm not asking you to bow. But with every post, you show your bitterness more and more. Refusing to give credit. Every Cardinal victory is nothing but luck to you. You explain away what they did by bringing up bad calls and production from unlikely sources.

Was their 12-4 and 8-0 wins just luck too?

They won a 5 game series wow good job the first 5 times the Cards played Houston this year they won 3 games to 2 and the lost 107 games. Yes they did get lucky to win 12-4 and 8-0 if Strasburg didn't get shut down those score wouldn't have happened. He would have went in game two and game 3 would been Zim who hadn't lost at home since mid May.

The Nats in Ed Jackson starts was 12-19 they went 98-64, he lost of one those games and came back to give up a big run in game 5 if SS was not shut down it would be him coming in game 5 to work multiple innings.

You Cards fans are too dumb too see that, you want to get a pat on the back because the Nats had to play without their 2nd best SP and one of the games best overall when he wasn't even hurt.

birdsonthebat
10-13-2012, 09:40 PM
They won a 5 game series wow good job the first 5 times the Cards played Houston this year they won 3 games to 2 and the lost 107 games. Yes they did get lucky to win 12-4 and 8-0 if Strasburg didn't get shut down those score wouldn't have happened. He would have went in game two and game 3 would been Zim who hadn't lost at home since mid May.

The Nats in Ed Jackson starts was 12-19 they went 98-64, he lost of one those games and came back to give up a big run in game 5 if SS was not shut down it would be him coming in game 5 to work multiple innings.

You Cards fans are too dumb too see that, you want to get a pat on the back because the Nats had to play without their 2nd best SP and one of the games best overall when he wasn't even hurt.

Yeah but if Berkman was playing and if Furcal wasn't hurt and if Pujols was still here....:lol:

HometownHero
10-13-2012, 10:10 PM
Yeah but if Berkman was playing and if Furcal wasn't hurt and if Pujols was still here....:lol:

If all 3 of those happened the Cards would be at home

krm1580
10-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Actually, what they do best is win in the postseason. I get the animosity towards the Cardinals but I can't help but think that the outrage at the Cardinals whining is displaced anger for not being in their position. For what it's worth, I was rooting for the Reds against SF and I actually like Brandon Phillips for being the colorful character he is. A Reds vs. Cardinals series would have been much more compelling than Cards/ Giants. The Cards did their part. I think the 2nd wild card one game playoff is stupid, also. But every team knew the landscape going into the season and the Cardinals climbed through that window. It is true that ostensibly the best team doesn't win but the Cardinals thrive under pressure while other teams wilt under the strain. Looking forward to Cardinals and Reds matchups next year.

I would disagree. Tony LaRussa was the manager of the Cardinals for 15 years and whined about everything. The guy would go around like he invented the rules of baseball and it was hard to figure out what the rules were because they would constantly change based on whether they benefited him or not. Plunking guys was wrong, unless you do it the right way. What is the right way? However he does it. Hard slides are bad, unless he did it. It was NOT a Cardinal thing, it was a LaRussa thing. He was the same jackwagon in Chicago that he was in Oakland that he was in St. Louis. His constant crying about everything became synonymous with Cardinal baseball to people outside St. Louis and it get hard to separate the 2 especially when you have a dope like Chris Carpenter carrying on the tradition. Matheny seems like a decent guy and the majority of guys on the team are likeable so I think the whining label will eventually go away, but until it does things Cardinal guys say will be perceived as whining.

As far as bitterness yeah there is definitely bitterness. The 2-2 pitch last night to Freese that Storen was mad about was a ball. It was a couple inches off the plate. The 3-2 pitch to Hannigan in game 5 was the same pitch, a couple inches off the plate was called a strike. Instead of bases loaded not out, the Reds end up with a strike out put out. Reds fans wonder why we never get that call.

Ian Desmond gets his glove to the Decalso ground ball last night, if it goes in, he makes the play and its series over. Not only does it not go in his glove, it hits the heel and punts it into no mans land in CF so 2 runs score instead of just one if he knocks it down. Reds fans watch Angel Pagan make ridiculous diving catches with the tying runs on base and think why don't we ever end up with guys missing plays with the game on the line.

Then we get to come on here and see Cardinal fans talking about the difference is they are just clutch. Its ridiculous and of course it going to generate animosity. The Cardinals are a good team, probably the best team in the National League this season and I only say that because I think their lineup is a little stronger than the Reds top to bottom while the pitching top to bottom is probably a wash and the Nats had no Straussburg. But its not like the Cardinals are year in year out 110 win team that rolls everybody in the playoffs that the Reds wish they could be. They play well in the playoffs and seem to make the most of their opportunities but they also catch some breaks as well. One thing or another goes against them last night and there are no Cardinal fans on this board other than the regulars who are pretty classy for the most part

Todd Gack
10-14-2012, 03:54 PM
But there are still many idiots that feel like they need to rub our post season success in your face. They are just that, idiots but if you read over at Cards talk there's some bad apples talking trash from Cincinnati. Goes both ways.

Of course it goes both ways. You should know it.