10-09-2012, 11:17 PM
I like that.

He'll either be dominant or shelled.

Save Latos for Game 5 if need be. Because god forbid we have to rely on arroyo

CaliBuck
10-09-2012, 11:21 PM
And lose Cueto for the NLCS. Lovely.

10-09-2012, 11:22 PM
Can you provide a link for the Bailey quote? The Dusty presser just ended a couple of hours ago and, in that, he said they had to talk it over with Latos probable or Leake but unsure about Cueto's condition.

Over da Pence
10-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Leake is a good young pitcher with loads of talent. I'm just happy to be a part of the challenge. Baseball is a fun game!

Billy_Bearcat
10-09-2012, 11:23 PM

It was what had to happen. Cueto wasn't going to be ready for NLCS.

BluegrassRedleg
10-09-2012, 11:29 PM
It was what had to happen. Cueto wasn't going to be ready for NLCS.

Wasn't going to be ready? With a mild strain?

What is going on in this organization? Joey Votto misses an eternity for what typically requires 10-12 days, and now this???

Keep him off the DL and at least give him a shot to pitch late in the NLCS if the Reds are able to make it.

CaliBuck
10-09-2012, 11:31 PM
I agree. I think you have to keep Cueto active in hopes that he can come back. It doesn't appear to be that big of an injury so why throw the towel in on him when you can just take your chances with other options in this series, up 2-1.

Who Dey Time
10-09-2012, 11:32 PM

Why is everyone so concerned with the NLCS? I do believe that you have to beat San Francisco in order to play in it.

All the doom and gloom over not having Cueto for a series you still may not play in is silly.

CaliBuck
10-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Why is everyone so concerned with the NLCS? I do believe that you have to beat San Francisco in order to play in it.

All the doom and gloom over not having Cueto for a series you still may not play in is silly.

Because there are ways to have your cake and eat it too as it currently stands. If you just DL Cueto, you lose that option.

RedTruck
10-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Because there are ways to have your cake and eat it too as it currently stands. If you just DL Cueto, you lose that option.

your focusing to much on cueto.

it could be someone else...

Who Dey Time
10-09-2012, 11:36 PM

And the point is if you don't DL Cueto and go with Latos on short rest and then Arroyo you may lose the option of playing in the LCS. Focus on the task at hand because it is still a significant challenge.

CaliBuck
10-09-2012, 11:37 PM
I guess I have more confidence than you Who Dey in regards to Latos and Arroyo and/or the bullpen being able to win one of these 2 games.

EMAW
10-09-2012, 11:37 PM
The Cards are just the luckiest dudes around. Play Washington- No Strasburg, play Cincy- No Cueto....

Over da Pence
10-09-2012, 11:38 PM
The Cards are just the luckiest dudes around. Play Washington- No Strasburg, play Cincy- No Cueto....

All the pitchers are good. In case I don't see you, It's been a nice series guys.

CaliBuck
10-09-2012, 11:38 PM

They've always been lucky.

RedTruck
10-09-2012, 11:40 PM
All the pitchers are good. In case I don't see you, It's been a nice series guys.

Your respectful..I like that. We need more people like that.

Ironman92
10-09-2012, 11:42 PM
They've always been lucky.

Don Dekkinger blown call game 6 in 85 WS?

Fastest guy in baseball getting ran over by a field tarp and can't play?

Hard to top those two...but yes, off-the-chart lucky now.

Norm Chortleton
10-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Can you provide a link for the Bailey quote? The Dusty presser just ended a couple of hours ago and, in that, he said they had to talk it over with Latos probable or Leake but unsure about Cueto's condition.

He said it in a tv interview that was first shown on Reds Live, then has been replayed several times on MLB Network.

"This loss isn't going to beat us down. We still have a lot of confidence going into tomorrow's game. Leake is starting tomorrow and we have a lot of confidence in him."

10-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Yep. Just posted a CBS Sports link about it on one of the other 4 or 5 threads discussing this. Seems less than certain at this point. More certain: Dallas Latos isn't happy with some twitterers.

jhiller21
10-10-2012, 03:42 AM
I just can't see any scenario where the Giants win three in a row. If Leake goes up against Zito, advantage Reds, we hit Zito pretty well and they haven't seen much of Leake. If that fails it's Latos against Cain, who we also hit well.

Today's loss sucked, but this team is not going to let two more games slip by them.

webbbj
10-10-2012, 08:33 AM
leake is just such an unknown. He capable of pitching a CGSHO or being out in 4. Just really unsure. this would be a good game to get runs early.

DocRed
10-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Makes perfect sense to me....:/

webbbj
10-10-2012, 08:59 AM
well i thought leake should have been on the post season roster to begin with just in case of an emergency. Not to mention hes more valuable than cairo as a hitter and probably fielder.

bounty37h
10-10-2012, 09:05 AM
He said it in a tv interview that was first shown on Reds Live, then has been replayed several times on MLB Network.

"This loss isn't going to beat us down. We still have a lot of confidence going into tomorrow's game. Leake is starting tomorrow and we have a lot of confidence in him."

Who knows, maybe that was "Leaked" to throw them off-make them spend some time watching his film and think he is going, only to have Latos come out?