PDA

View Full Version : Reds vs. Giants Wednesday 10/10 NLDS Game 4

Pages : 1 2 [3]

ukwazoo
10-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Not sure but have no desire to check it. Doesn't matter. Clearly the man has won a ton of games but never the big prize. That's the point. Along with the realistic view that we and thus he win tomorrow.

No matter what the actual record is in close out games, it ain't good. :(

10-10-2012, 08:16 PM
No matter what the actual record is in close out games, it ain't good. :(

Granted. But doesn't matter a whit tomorrow.

Give a hand here. What else belongs on this list off why we win tomorrow:

- We're at home
- Latos hates the Giants and tends to mow them down nicely
- Our BP, while maybe not as rested (debateable), is still the class of the NL with maybe just the exception of Dondedondo.
- We have the bats
- Cain has lost a bunch of times for reasons that haven't changed; doesn't matter that it'd be the 4th time.
- Dusty has the biggest motivation of all time to make the right calls to close out
- Can't have both my postseason predictions proved wrong on the same day; that'd be crazy talk

malcontent
It's worked out 3x versus Cain this year, so the smart money is on one of the best arms in the league being "due" against a team that will be a mental mess tomorrow.
Latos is supposed to be sick or something....

ukwazoo
Granted. But doesn't matter a whit tomorrow.

Give a hand here. What else belongs on this list off why we win tomorrow:

- We're at home
- Our BP, while maybe not as rested (debateable), is still the class of the NL with maybe just the exception of Dondedondo.
- We have the bats
- Cain has lost a bunch of times for reasons that haven't changed; doesn't matter that it'd be the 4th time.
- Dusty has the biggest motivation of all time to make the right calls to close out
- Can't have both my postseason predictions proved wrong on the same day; that'd be crazy talk

Lincecum won't pitch tomorrow

10-10-2012, 08:17 PM

Dallas said that's BS but I'm not going hunting for a link. Think it another irrelevant factor for tomorrrow. Latos is going to be an adrenaline-fueled monster tomorrow.

HometownHero
Dusty has won 3 series I know off the top of my head, two to go to the WS and then one to get to the Bartman series.

xsteve1
At least we shouldn't see Timmy tomorrow. That dude is on his A game right now.

10-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Thanks Ukwazoo! new and growing list why we win. What else?

- We're at home
- We have the bats
- Timmy won't be on the mound again for SF

malcontent
10-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Simon >>>>>>>>>> Arredondo.

HometownHero
10-10-2012, 08:19 PM

- We're at home
- We have the bats

We may win but none of what you typed means anything, its a one and done game and we are reeling and they have been in more high pressure games. Anything and everything can happen but the Giants are in the drives seat for sure.

malcontent
10-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Dallas said that's BS but I'm not going hunting for a link. Think it another irrelevant factor for tomorrrow. Latos is going to be an adrenaline-fueled monster tomorrow.
Hope so.

ukwazoo
We deserve to lose because of the woooo

ukwazoo

Dallas is nice to look at

CrimsonCrusader
10-10-2012, 08:21 PM

- We're at home
- We have the bats

...it's...OUR time, of course. That matters above all else, doesn't it?

...DOESN'T IT!?!?!?!?! :explode:

...sorry...got carried away...... :thumbup:

ukwazoo
10-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Casilla's arm is made of rubber

HometownHero
10-10-2012, 08:23 PM
As odd as it sounds I wish Joey never came back, we have been mediocre since he returned

ukwazoo
10-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Whoever measured Sandoval's HR is a crack addict

LexRedsFan
10-10-2012, 08:25 PM
As odd as it sounds I wish Joey never came back, we have been mediocre since he returned

And were pretty mediocre before his injury

malcontent
10-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Uh, a dive there would have been nice.

ukwazoo
10-10-2012, 08:27 PM

He's not going to risk his face or his property for a bunch of stiffs ~Roger Dorn

CrimsonCrusader
10-10-2012, 08:28 PM

We already took a dive :thumbdown:

Falcon7
Reds have too many non-clutch players and a non-clutch manager.
I don't think it will even be close tomorrow.

HometownHero
This might look like a Cardinals board come tomorrow if things go bad and we go home and they advance.

CrimsonCrusader
10-10-2012, 08:30 PM
This might look like a Cardinals board come tomorrow if things go bad and we go home and they advance.

Yeah. They're such a classy bunch of fans.

Mutaman
All the incredible whiny nonsense that's been posted today and I'm the one who ends up with an infraction. Is this a great country or what?

Get em tomorrow boys.

malcontent
I thought Charlie Sheen was gonna save us tonight?

LexRedsFan
All the incredible whiny nonsense that's been posted today and I'm the one who ends up with an infraction. Is this a great country or what?

You don't know that you're the only one that ended up with an infraction...

CrimsonCrusader
10-10-2012, 08:32 PM

The real infraction was this game, was it not? Or was that last night?

BluegrassRedleg
The walk of a defeated man there after costing the Reds Game 3 and the clincher.

malcontent
BP doesn't like the bright lights so much.

HometownHero
10-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Yeah. They're such a classy bunch of fans.

This whole thing has been the nightmare, especially since they are only in due to new gimmick rules to make only there to make money.

BluegrassRedleg
10-10-2012, 08:34 PM

Yeah. I think he'll be OK with that, though. A lot of people in this area have had a 24-hour bug this week. Three in my family have dealt with it. None of them lasted longer than a day.

ukwazoo
10-10-2012, 08:35 PM
The walk of a defeated man there after costing the Reds Game 3 and the clincher.

Rolen's walking in the dugout? Hope he doesn't hurt himself.

BluegrassRedleg
10-10-2012, 08:35 PM

:laugh: For real.

malcontent
10-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Rolen's walking in the dugout? Hope he doesn't hurt himself.
:laugh:

HometownHero
10-10-2012, 08:37 PM
What a wasted hit

ProfessorTofty
Great, now we're at defensive indifference...

ukwazoo
Votto is deadly with bases empty this series. Maybe he should lead off.

Stray
10-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Hate to be tough on Votto since he's obviously not 100% but like the guy above said, he's getting a lot of meaningless hits. He needs to deliver with men on base.

Mutaman
10-10-2012, 08:39 PM

No but I'm the only one who didn't deserve it.

In any event, stop the crying and looking for scapegoats boys. We're playing a tough well managed team. We've lost our ace, lost a heart breaker yesterday and a blowout today. We can still win this thing. Time for the boys to step up and for the losers to take a hike.

malcontent
10-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Votto is deadly with bases empty this series. Maybe he should lead off.
Thinking outside the coffin-box.

I like it. BP back to 3-hole.

ProfessorTofty
10-10-2012, 08:42 PM
One on base, come on, there's still a shot. Not over till it's over...

CrimsonCrusader
10-10-2012, 08:43 PM
One on base, come on, there's still a shot. Not over till it's over...

+1 :D

ProfessorTofty
10-10-2012, 08:44 PM
And now it's over. Okay, see everyone tomorrow. Is it the same time tomorrow?

Stray
10-10-2012, 08:46 PM
It's going to be tough to win tomorrow. Just get the feeling that yesterday was the game we had to have.

We've got to Cain before but to say he's due to beat us is an understatement. Latos will be up to it...I hope.

HometownHero
10-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Last night's choke job is going to cost us isn't it, Its going to be hard for Cardinals fans to sleep tonight sporting the kind of wood they are right now. But they may have a better shot against us with no Johnny Cueto.

ProfessorTofty
Ah, at 1 P.M. tomorrow. Early afternoon game.

HometownHero
The off day killed us too went from rolling to put on ice.

texasdave
10-10-2012, 09:03 PM
WOW! Go for one little beer run...and WHAT HAPPENS.....! :confused:

The closest store must be about 100 miles away for you? :laugh:

texasdave
10-10-2012, 09:07 PM

Get em tomorrow boys.

On the bright side, an infraction is always better than an infarction. :laugh:

texasdave
10-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Latos throws eight shutout innings and the Cuban Missile launches the Reds into the NLCS. I've seen better days but will also see better tomorrows.

10-10-2012, 09:11 PM
We may win but none of what you typed means anything, its a one and done game and we are reeling and they have been in more high pressure games. Anything and everything can happen but the Giants are in the drives seat for sure.

Uh, we were in a few "high pressure games" and got our butts handed to us in 2010, didn't we? If that even matters. List is reasons to see tomorrow as a positive. Of course one and done. Who'll win and why? That's the discussion, right? Can take the view "we're reeling" and thus we'll lose. Or can expect a win and support it. All I was trying to do. No harm. No foul.

10-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Revised "why Reds take Game5 2012 LDS" list:

- We're at home
- We have the bats
- Got our butts handed to us in 2010 and too many in this lineup will not let that happen again. Motivation matters.

texasdave
10-10-2012, 09:15 PM

How can they measure something that hasn't landed yet? :laugh:

foxfire123
10-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Told you I had a bad feeling last night.

texasdave
10-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Told you I had a bad feeling last night.

We all assumed it was the anchovies. :laugh:

texasdave
10-10-2012, 09:45 PM
One thing that still bothers me is when Kontos came in and his first two pitches to Stubbs were outside the strike zone. I still say 100 times out of 100 you make Stubbs take until Kontos throws a strike. Ludwick, Votto, Bruce, Phillips get the green light. Stubbs does not.

joshua
10-10-2012, 10:12 PM
We can still come back. Crowd needs to be insane tomorrow

The 1 pm start pisses me off. I'll be at work and can't watch or listen. Its game five of the NLDS, that should warrant a prime time game.

texasdave
10-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Revised "why Reds take Game5 2012 LDS" list:

- We're at home
- We have the bats
- Got our butts handed to us in 2010 and too many in this lineup will not let that happen again. Motivation matters.

Don't forget Han The Man behind the plate.

goreds2
10-10-2012, 10:30 PM
We can still come back. Crowd needs to be insane tomorrow.

I will be there and represent this thead proud tomorrow. We WILL win. :)

texasdave
10-10-2012, 10:45 PM
I may have to take one for the team tomorrow. Saturday and Sunday couldn't watch on television because of work. Two wins.
Last two games I got to watch every pitch. Two losses.

Sports fans have been known to be superstitious.

Game time decision. :)

Ironman92
10-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Yeah. We probably should have gone with Mike Trout that year.

He'd be in double A

DocRed
10-10-2012, 10:53 PM
He'd be in double A

Would never start over Stubbs in CF...obviously you don't know anything about baseball.

Ironman92
10-10-2012, 11:04 PM
No team has ever come back from a 2-0 deficit in a best-of-five series. It ain't happening this year either.

Red Sox in 86 over the Angels...Donnie Moore eventually committed suicide after years of being torn up by the home run to Dave Henderson.

Seems like the Brewers did it to the Angels in 1982....but maybe not.

BluegrassRedleg
10-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Red Sox in 86 over the Angels...Donnie Moore eventually committed suicide after years of being torn up by the home run to Dave Henderson.

Seems like the Brewers did it to the Angels in 1982....but maybe not.

86 was ALCS, 7-game series. Angels were up 3-1 when Hendo went yard off Moore.

I read today that NL teams are 21-0 when going up 2-0 in 5-game series.

Ironman92
10-10-2012, 11:24 PM
86 was ALCS, 7-game series. Angels were up 3-1 when Hendo went yard off Moore.

I read today that NL teams are 21-0 when going up 2-0 in 5-game series.

So I was misremembering....but did provide evidence of a team winning 3 straight elimination games to take a series.

BluegrassRedleg
10-10-2012, 11:30 PM
So I was misremembering....but did provide evidence of a team winning 3 straight elimination games to take a series.

Wasn't taking you to task. Just saying 'cause my best friend at the time was an Angels fan. He was crushed. Remember it like it was yesterday.

Ironman92
10-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Wasn't taking you to task. Just saying 'cause my best friend at the time was an Angels fan. He was crushed. Remember it like it was yesterday.

I liked that Angels team as well and hated the Red Sox.