PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Reds

faffy42
10-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Its been a fun and exciting season to watch this club play ball this year. Thanks to all the passionate reds fans on the message boards too! I love the reds...you played hard til the very last out and gave me a season of fun and entertainment! Looking forward to next spring...

RedTruck
10-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Its been a fun and exciting season to watch this club play ball this year. Thanks to all the passionate reds fans on the message boards too! I love the reds...you played hard til the very last out and gave me a season of fun and entertainment! Looking forward to next spring...

I'm so sick of people like you.

Are team got embarassesed like a bunch of baby pups in front of america and the world.

I'm tearing up right now. To follow every single game, every play, every out, the ups and the downs. To feel the utter euphoric jubilation of winning 2 straight in San Francisco only to get sweeped. SWEEPED. The first team ever.

An your raw-raw'ing this team like there's no tomorrow.

Joesh
10-11-2012, 05:07 PM
bye dusty baker

CaliBuck
10-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Never been so disappointed in my life for a season of baseball. Heartbreaking. Agonizing. Something it's going to take a long time to get over.

BigPoppa
10-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Dear RedTruck,

The Reds didn't get "sweeped" or even swept, the Giants won the series 3-2. Your further participation on this forum is unneccessary. Either you're a true fan, or not, and you are not.

+ 1 faffy42. I look forward to ST '13.

texasdave
10-11-2012, 05:11 PM
This team showed a lot of character coming back like they did today. At 6 zip they could have easily rolled over. It just wasn't meant to be.

Trademark
10-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Yeah i admit it was an great season, but in the end the season was a fail, how do you go up 2-0 and return home only needing to win 1 game and can't even do that ? In the end this season was a fail just like every other.......I wonder if i will ever get to see a Cincinnati team close something out ? SMH

ukwazoo
10-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Yeah i admit it was an great season, but in the end the season was a fail, how do you go up 2-0 and return home only needing to win 1 game and can't even do that ? In the end this season was a fail just like every other.......I wonder if i will ever get to see a Cincinnati team close something out ? SMH

Agree with all your points. Were you around in 1990?

shredda2000
10-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Congrats REDS on an AWESOME YEAR!!! :beerme:

texasdave
10-11-2012, 05:19 PM
There were many exciting moments in 2012. I'd take a repeat in 2013, no questions asked.

Red Buckeye
10-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Maybe I am hard to please but flash back to September 1st, how can anyone here honestly say they are pleased with this season?

We won a lot of regular season games, but WE CHOKED IN THE PLAYOFFS!

Blowing a 2-0 series lead with all 3 losses at home is not a great season IMO. I said in September it's NL pennant or bust.

Sorry guys but I can't be happy with the results. I would bet the Reds players aren't either.

Over da Pence
10-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Give us credit we won but u did not bear yourselves

buckeyeboy
10-11-2012, 05:26 PM
From the off season leading up to spring training. From the first game in the spring to today, it has been a lot of fun. From the winning streak to the 14 inning game. From news that Madson was down, and Joey going down to the to Frazier and Chapman growing into their positions. Sure I wish it would have ended differently, but we had an amazing year.

Over da Pence
10-11-2012, 05:27 PM
U did good

faffy42
10-11-2012, 05:34 PM

Are team got embarassesed like a bunch of baby pups in front of america and the world.

I'm tearing up right now. To follow every single game, every play, every out, the ups and the downs. To feel the utter euphoric jubilation of winning 2 straight in San Francisco only to get sweeped. SWEEPED. The first team ever.

I hear ya. I was in tears when they battled back, and never lost hope. That's why I love this team and the players on it. The fight, and attitude they had all year. I watched 95% of the entire season too. I'm not happy how the season ended. I'm pretty sad and depressed right now. But not with the effort that was given by the reds, and for that I am saying thank you. Great team to watch and follow all year...and I think only is better next year.

WDE
10-11-2012, 05:37 PM

I'm with you. I won't be able to get over this for a while. I just came home and saw the score, and I am depressed.

Trademark
10-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Agree with all your points. Were you around in 1990?

born 1991, so i've never seen a Reds WS or a Bengals SB :(

ukwazoo
10-11-2012, 06:04 PM

Well, that sucks lol

Trademark
10-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Well, that sucks lol

yess i know LOL i've pretty much been in the cincinnati dark ages at least i got to see my fav college BBall team the UK Wildcats win a national title last year though

texasdave
10-11-2012, 06:14 PM

You have seen neither a Bengals' win or Reds' series win in the postseason. Yikes!

dubc47834
10-11-2012, 06:19 PM

Im sick of people like you. Im sure ur a Reds fan...ur just a really bad one. You dont have to be all rah rah to be a good fan...but the constant whining and acting like this team wasnt trying is just plain crazy.

RedTruck
10-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Im sick of people like you. Im sure ur a Reds fan...ur just a really bad one. You dont have to be all rah rah to be a good fan...but the constant whining and acting like this team wasnt trying is just plain crazy.

This team didn't just lose another regular game. This team did something HISTORIC, something that hasn't been done in 100+ years. This isn't just a collapse. This is a TITANIC COLLAPSE>:thumbdown:

dubc47834
10-11-2012, 06:31 PM
This team didn't just lose another regular game. This team did something HISTORIC, something that hasn't been done in 100+ years. This isn't just a collapse. This is a TITANIC COLLAPSE>:thumbdown:

If you dont like how this team played in the playoffs...
root for the Cubs and you wont have that problem

BigRedVA
10-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Yes. Thank you Reds for epically choking. At least I still have 1990. yay.

dubc47834
10-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Yes. Thank you Reds for epically choking. At least I still have 1990. yay.

Go back to lurking in thd shadows!!!

BigRedVA
10-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Go back to lurking in thd shadows!!!

This is an epic moment in baseball history Thank you, Reds. :alcohol:

SweetLou1990
10-11-2012, 08:30 PM
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! !!!!!!!!!

Was looking forward to watching a few more weeks of ball,but can't no more..

goreds2
10-14-2012, 07:03 PM
A playoff heartbreaker but we are built to get there again. It was a great/fun season watching the Reds with friends on my back patio.

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb468/goreds2/RedsIndiansA061212.jpg

JayStubbs
10-14-2012, 07:16 PM

What the Reds did was lose a five game playoff series after winning the first two at home. There have only been 16 five game series where the first two games were at home, all of them before this year, from 1969-1984. So it really isn't that historic, in fact, it's barely even worth talking about.

Maker_84
10-14-2012, 07:21 PM
There were many exciting moments in 2012. I'd take a repeat in 2013, no questions asked.

if a repeat means having a complete and utter collapse then i'll pass. The season was a failure, this squad needed to make it to the NLCS and they didn't do it

arkimadee
10-14-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm still in shock. It should be the Reds playing tonite damnit. Thanks for the good season but like the 2003 season for the Cubs, no one will remember much about the regular season 10 years from now other than the no hitter and Marty getting his haircut

Maker_84
10-14-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm still in shock. It should be the Reds playing tonite damnit. Thanks for the good season but like the 2003 season for the Cubs, no one will remember much about the regular season 10 years from now other than the no hitter and Marty getting his haircut

i think the marty haircut thing will be forgotten, only thing gonna be remembered about this season is the no hitter and the collapse

MrRedLegger
10-14-2012, 08:06 PM
162 games paint one heck of a story if you ask me. Before it even started we lost the alleged best closer in baseball. But Johnny Cueto looked brilliant in a 4-0 shutout to begin the season.

But soon after that blissful opening day we were 4-8 in what was appearing to be a long and dark season for the Reds and their fans. Our only wins were coming on getaway days vs team's B squads. Mat Latos, the man worth 4 of our players, was losing games and showing no promise. The trade was second guessed by all. Aroldis Chapman was locked away in a bullpen like a toy still in the box never to be used. People were pulling their hair out. And to add insult to injury, it seemed as though the St. Louis Cardinals were never going to lose a game.

The season settled in and things were not all that bad, or least not just yet. We were only 2-3 games behind first place throughout May. It was within our grasp. With a 4 game sweep of Atlanta and a 6th win in a row, the Reds went to bed on May 24th leading the NL Central. We gave up the lead in the division only once after that and were only 2 games behind for one day. And we took 2 of 3 against the Yankees. Always a good feeling.

Baseball resumed after the All Star break and the Reds had a one game deficit in the division. A sweep of the Cardinals with all of America watching on ESPN quickly changed that. These Redlegs looked serious, determined, and worthy of a title. But then the unthinkable happened when Joey Votto was diagnosed with a torn meniscus and had surgery. All fire alarms were pulled at that point. Our season was virtually over.

But then the real unthinkable happened after that. We came back down 6 runs to beat Arizona and then won the next 9. 10 games in a row??? Marty Brennaman shaved his head because of it!! Charlie Sheen doubled the money raised by the Reds Foundation and announced his campaign for mayor.

This Todd Frazier kid can really hit the ball, can't he? Gosh, the Reds have 2 Rookie of the Year candidates? Ryan Ludwick, we all know he's forgotten how to swing the bat....NOT!

It was unreal to us all. We kept winning, and winning, and winning. Mr. Votto can take a few extra weeks off to get healthy, we got this. A one game lead in the NL Central grew and grew. We had a 9 game lead by the time the MVP returned and we never looked back. Speaking of 9, we swept 9 different teams this year.

Oh, and that unusable 100 mph thrower stuck in our bullpen? He set records this year in that bullpen. MLB and Reds records.

Remember those dreaded last two series in Pittburgh and St. Louis that we all feared that the season would come down to those game. Yeah those didn't matter at all at that point. We were the first team in baseball to clinch their division. No big deal.

To prove that the series in Pittsburgh didn't matter so much, Homer Bailey was so bored he decided to throw a no hitter on a Friday night. You know, to kill some time.

To say that you weren't nervous when the playoffs started would be a lie. When Johnny went down, so did our hopes of winning a game. Latos proved that wrong. And Bronson Arroyo, the guy who apparently no one wanted to throw game 2, pitched a shutout. And in case you forgot, Bailey pitched a great game in game 3.

How the NLDS turned out hurt bad. It still does. It didn't just upset us, our hearts were in it. We watched this whole incredible season of unscripted reality TV and grew with the team. We won two games in San Fran like it was no big deal but it wasn't enough. That is no reason to scold the team though. Texas made it to the WS two years in a row and looked like a lock again. Washington's "best record" doesn't mean squat now. Atlanta fans are just as heartbroken as anyone.

But in order to have success one must first experience failure. The silver lining in this playoff series loss is that this team is built to be a constant presence in October. I can get used to that. This season is littered with moments that we will remember forever, whether it's Votto's walkoff Grand Slam, Chapman's 34 or so consecutive saves, or whatever it is that warms your heart and fuels your fire as a Reds fan. And for all of that, I say "Thank You" to the Reds.

Whew. Sorry for the long post.

Mastodon
10-15-2012, 01:59 PM
You have seen neither a Bengals' win or Reds' series win in the postseason. Yikes!

This is a very sad fact. 1990 was 22 years ago, I figure most kids don't remember much about their lives from before they're 4 years old or so. So you have to remember, there are grown adults as old as 26 who have absolutely no memory of a Cincinnati team having a great post season. Sure there was the 95 Reds in the NLCS but otherwise it's been nothing but futility. I myself barely remember the Bengals winning the AFC championship in '88 but I was also 3 then and the '90 World Series is a very distant memory as well.

bounty37h
10-16-2012, 10:33 AM

Raw, raw, like a dungeon dragon.
Our you sure are team got sweeped??

dubc47834
10-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Raw, raw, like a dungeon dragon.
Our you sure are team got sweeped??

Billy Bob...is that you I hear from over yonder down dere by dat crick!!!

redsrolen
10-16-2012, 10:04 PM

Amen Texas...Did anyone think we'd have a yr like this...heck no....There will be one winner of the WS...Everyone else will be sad & mad...In August 2009 this was the worst baseball team I've ever witnessed with the absolute worst attitude...The pitching was a joke...heck it was bad just last yr...Very Proud of these boys & looking forward to 2013!!

Go Reds!!:redszone::bredscap::redcap:

BigPoppa
10-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Strong work, MrRedLegger :beerme: :reds:

bigredmechanism
10-16-2012, 11:14 PM

Good man, I agree. Great season.

redsfan80
10-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Tough season to swallow...ironically, because of how great the season was. I know that sounds strange. But when a girl flirts with you and gets your hopes up, then turns you down when you ask her to prom, you are more hurt than if she originally showed no interest.

I thought the Reds had the best team in the playoffs since Strasburg was out. And even with Strasburg in the Nationals rotation, I still felt like we were slightly the better team. To not beat the Giants....just ugh.

Ace-king
10-19-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm a Cards fan - and NOT here to rile up Reds' fans, but rather, because I genuinely appreciate what the Cincinnati team and FO accomplished this year. Without a big payroll, they won the Division handily, have some of the most exciting young players in the league.

It wasn't a fluke, after all, they won the Div two years ago and again this year. The Reds/Cards rivalry will be a hot one for at least next five years - as the Cards also have some young guys - and I don't see any other team in the Division seriously competing with the two.

Lastly, for those Reds fans that feel Cards don't "deserve" being a game away from the World Series - you should note that the current Cardinals hardly resembles the team of a couple months back - specially, with a bullpen full of power arms, which they didn't have the first half. You (Reds) beat us fair and square over the season (though Cards won the season series 8-7) - but I'd bet even Reds' fans would agree that the current Cards' team would not be easy to beat.

Good luck to the Reds next year!