PDA

View Full Version : How are you going to forget about the loss?

Red Buckeye
10-11-2012, 06:14 PM
How are you guys going to deal with this loss?

I plan on smoking massive bong rips tonight and watching The Goonies. It's my happy place.

I don't even care who wins the WS, as long as it isn't the Cards. But they probably will, because it seems like when there is something I DON'T want to happen in sports it does.

Sigh, the life of a Cincinnati Sports fan.

texasdave
10-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Plus one. If I want a team to win the big game they don't. If I want another team to lose the big game, they don't. I am cursed.

scott91575
10-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Realize it's just a baseball game, and then go on with my life.

DocRed
10-11-2012, 06:16 PM
I've already forgot cuz I knew we didn't have a chance after we lost game 3.

Cant Touch This
10-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Scotch, sex, and then another scotch.

Red Buckeye

Some people are diehard fans, some aren't.

texasdave
x

Joesh
Alcohol, alcohol, more alcohol

scott91575
10-11-2012, 06:20 PM
Some people are diehard fans, some aren't.

You don't need to feel bad about a baseball game, or do something stupid like get drunk or high to forget about a game to be a diehard fan.

malcontent
10-11-2012, 06:20 PM
Back to work. Became a huge Cardinals fan today.

I want to see the Giants destroyed beyond recognition.

Red Buckeye
10-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Back to work. Became a huge Cardinals fan today.

I want to see the Giants destroyed beyond recognition.

And here the smack from Cards fans AGAIN? No way man. Just no. Anyone but the Cards.

Ohayou
10-11-2012, 06:23 PM
By yelling at Mike Brown.

ukwazoo
10-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Play with my daughter, eat my wife's dinner, & hope Heath miller goes off for my ff team.

malcontent
10-11-2012, 06:27 PM
And here the smack from Cards fans AGAIN? No way man. Just no. Anyone but the Cards.
Angel. Pagan.

LeDoux
10-11-2012, 06:39 PM
http://www.southernwine.com/Portals/0/SWS_Images/Florida%20Images/Products/jimbeam/white.jpg

foxfire123
10-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Hope the Cardinals lose today and tomorrow. Pout. Throw a few things. Cry.

Then move on I guess.

HometownHero
10-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Angel. Pagan.

He isn't going to come here and troll for the next year, Cardinals fans will.

Spider Tre
10-11-2012, 06:43 PM
country music, cranberry juice, more country music and even more cranberry juice

realreds1
10-11-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm going to get over it by remembering some of our 2002-2005 Cincinnati Reds starting pitchers:

Jimmy Anderson
Brandon Claussen
Shawn Estes
Joey Hamilton
Jimmy Haynes
Luke Hudson
Sun Woo Kim
Cory Lidle
Eric Milton
Elizardo "The Lizard" Ramirez

texasdave
10-11-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm going to get over it by remembering some of our 2002-2005 Cincinnati Reds starting pitchers:

Jimmy Anderson
Brandon Claussen
Shawn Estes
Joey Hamilton
Jimmy Haynes
Luke Hudson
Sun Woo Kim
Cory Lidle
Eric Milton

Joe Mays.

WDE
10-11-2012, 06:53 PM

You watch baseball for 7 months. You invest your time and sometimes money into it. Then you say it is just a game? Well it may be just a game to you, but it is something I love and cherish. It is more than a game to me. It's what I love. I'm not going to just say "Oh well, 7 months of watching baseball and then it ends in the worst possible way. Whatever!" I'm not saying I'm going to change my lifestyle, but I don't think I'm just going to get over it as soon as it ends.

scott91575
10-11-2012, 06:55 PM
You watch baseball for 7 months. You invest your time and sometimes money into it. Then you say it is just a game? Well it may be just a game to you, but it is something I love and cherish. It is more than a game to me. It's what I love. I'm not going to just say "Oh well, 7 months of watching baseball and then it ends in the worst possible way. Whatever!" I'm not saying I'm going to change my lifestyle, but I don't think I'm just going to get over it as soon as it ends.

Hey, do whatever you want. I watched baseball all year long. I also realize it's just a game I have pretty much zero impact on, unlike the rest of the my life. Hey, do whatever the heck you want. Just don't think you are anything special because you emotionally invest in something that you have little to do with.

Stray
10-11-2012, 06:56 PM
It won't be that hard. They played hard and just couldn't come through in the big spots...that happens in baseball.

Plus it's just a game, and I'm a sports fanatic so I'll just go to watching the Bearcats and Bengals.

redram
10-11-2012, 06:59 PM

Jimmy Anderson
Brandon Claussen
Shawn Estes
Joey Hamilton
Jimmy Haynes
Luke Hudson
Sun Woo Kim
Cory Lidle
Eric Milton

Thanks this made me smile and laugh for the first time in three days. :-)

ukwazoo
10-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Jimmy Haynes and Eric Milton on the same staff. Yikes.

huber14
10-11-2012, 07:05 PM
The bigger question is how am I going to get the seven nation army chant out of my head?

shutters

webbbj
10-11-2012, 07:07 PM
reflect on the season and realize that this sucks but todays loss does not erase what was a great and fun year to watch the reds.

Also, Reds fans enjoy next year's regular season and dont get that attitude of nothing in the regular season matters, prove it in the playoffs mentality.

Going forward enjoy the moment and believe that next year's playoffs will be better.

They still have a great foundation and I trust we will field a better team next year.

Falcon7
10-11-2012, 07:09 PM
http://www.southernwine.com/Portals/0/SWS_Images/Florida%20Images/Products/jimbeam/white.jpg

^^ That looks GOOD, but all I have is about a liter of cheap vodka.

LexRedsFan
10-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Tin Roof tonight
Keeneland tomorrow
Big Blue Madness tomorrow night
Two Keys following that

redsrolen
10-11-2012, 07:29 PM
:redszone:
Right now I'm exhausted...Screaming at the 'tube', dancing, chanting, praying & saying things outloud that would scare you right down to your socks....:explode:

Trying to find a level playing field for my emotions to land...I have them all...
I do take sports to a crazy place but the older I get I realize that the 'lord above' doesn't take in the games because my knees hurt & I think I'm in good sted with him...(although I sure am thinking the 'Cards' have some scary mistic power going on or a 'Saint' is buried under the field)

I'm thanking the lord that our players don't have my craziness...So glad Scotty is done & our families can do fun stuff...

But I'm a fighter & I will be back stronger than ever & have already planned how we will win the whole shootin' match next yr....I really do believe we have our little duckies in a row after we find another great hitter...

I am..after all...'A TRUE REDS FAN'!!!!

George Bland
10-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Same way I do when mourning a Bucks loss, powerful mood altering substances and reliving the good days.

Watching Gullet beat the Pirates and hit a home run in the 1975 playoffs. Watching the greatest series of all time against the Red Sox then the sweep of the Phillies and Yankees in 1976. The electricity of being one of those who stayed through the rain delay 9/16/1978. Wire to wire 1990.

What hurts the most is when you have great expectations. 2010 wasn't a year where I had sky-high expectations. 2012 was.

In my life I've been able to root for 4 or 6 Ohio State NC in football and 3 Reds World Series Championships. Tonight I cheer on the mood altering substances.

TheBigLebowski
10-11-2012, 07:57 PM
By forgetting about baseball for a few months.

malcontent
10-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Pulling for every team that faces the Giants.

Hoping and praying for a new manager for 2013.

Enjoying the Rolen retirement announcement, and hoping Cairo follows suit.

boiseheidleberg
10-11-2012, 08:36 PM
This team is young and good. They will be back. I will think happy thoughts like this.

jhiller21
10-11-2012, 09:20 PM
I've just been thinking about all the fun I had watching/attending games this year, and how much fun the first two in SF were.

This was heartbreaking, but we move on. I'll also be drinking heavily.

SweetLou1990
10-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Scotch, sex, and then another scotch.

Scotch, then more scotch, while wishing I could rip off a massive bong hit. But that would not take me to my happy place. (see post # 1)

Sigh....

Has anyone seen the last Star Wars where Anakin went over to the dark side. Some how I feel like I am in that place....

SweetLou1990
10-11-2012, 09:45 PM

Jimmy Anderson
Brandon Claussen
Shawn Estes
Joey Hamilton
Jimmy Haynes
Luke Hudson
Sun Woo Kim
Cory Lidle
Eric Milton

ltfol
laugh the &*(& out loud! Good stuff. Don't just just glance over this list, actually read these names. We have come a long way!

10-11-2012, 10:11 PM
I didn't, can't and won't forget about it.

But the Nats' walkoff win over the Cards this afternoon was a nice distraction. Maybe even better than a Jim Beam distraction. And, while tomorrow might be the last day of that, it also might not be. And, if it isn't, we might just be able to avenge the Reds loss by taking out SF. That'd be most cool.

BurgervilleBuck
10-11-2012, 10:20 PM

More or less this.

Cracks open John Scalzi's Red Shirts.

Over da Pence
10-11-2012, 10:22 PM
for me Im a Warriors fan as well. So when one sport doesn't work out one year, hop to the other.

10-11-2012, 10:24 PM
for me Im a Warriors fan as well. So when one sport doesn't work out one year, hop to the other.

Warriors? You should be "hop"ping to the Niners. Much easier in a fair-weatherish sort of way.

Over da Pence
10-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Warriors? You should be "hop"ping to the Niners. Much easier in a fair-weatherish sort of way.

I'll be rooting for both, but warriors are coming to sf in a few years, gonna play on a waterfront arena close to AT&T and I am stoked

goreds2
10-11-2012, 11:51 PM
If we are talking about todays loss, I will never forget it. One of the best games I have ever seen with all the drama etc. It helped that I attended the game. :) My first post season game attended so I will never forget it.

realistic
10-12-2012, 12:03 AM
whiskey

Over da Pence
10-12-2012, 12:04 AM
If we are talking about todays loss, I will never forget it. One of the best games I have ever seen with all the drama etc. It helped that I attended the game. :) My first post season game attended so I will never forget it.

Sure you'll remember it. But will you get over it, if you will

Kcbuckeye22
10-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Church, family, Bowhunting, mountain biking, running, and I might do something good for the community.

mivers176
10-12-2012, 09:19 AM
This team is young and good. They will be back. I will think happy thoughts like this.

This is ALWAYS the thought that we have to hang our hats on at the end of the season, whether its Bengals or Reds. I definitely thought coming home up 2-0 it was going to change ... ugh.

bounty37h
10-12-2012, 01:20 PM
I got to talk to the detective about my house being broken into to take my mind off it :censored:

texasdave
10-12-2012, 02:46 PM
I got to talk to the detective about my house being broken into to take my mind off it :censored:

Sorry to hear about that. But I have to know one thing. Did all the broken glass get "sweeped" up? Just kidding. Break-ins suck.

bounty37h
10-12-2012, 05:42 PM
LOL, yup, I got it all sweeped up. Crappy feeling, but funny thing was the detective is talking to me through the 9th inning. When Rolen struck out I let out a an extended F bomb and the guy thought I had realized something else was broken or stolen, laughs when I explain my Reds just got taken out.

Mastodon
10-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Venting, venting, and more venting. I'll feel better if the Nats go all the way. I mean come.. how predictable we have Detroit, NY, and San Fran moving on with the Cards playing in a game 5? Gotta root for the Nats, they have the same payroll as the Reds and near the same record as well as no championships to claim for their own.

jeremy24
10-13-2012, 12:10 AM
Try to move on and focus on Buckeye & Bengals football.

10-13-2012, 04:49 AM
Venting, venting, and more venting. I'll feel better if the Nats go all the way. I mean come.. how predictable we have Detroit, NY, and San Fran moving on with the Cards playing in a game 5? Gotta root for the Nats, they have the same payroll as the Reds and near the same record as well as no championships to claim for their own.

Gosh. And it was your first post. The Reds were a gut punch and that Nats the knockout.

Phoenix2
10-13-2012, 06:34 PM
It hurts. Still does and it will for awhile. My wife doesn't understand, of course, but I expect that. Here in Phoenix no one is crushed...so its nice to have Redszone where I can read about the pain others are feeling. The Reds did choke and I don't fully understand why some are hesitant to call it what it is. Up 2-0 they just had to reasonably perform like they did all season (not losing 3 in a row at home).

Hate to kick a guy when he's down, but I can't support Dusty. I can't stomach his lineups like plugging the shortstop in the #2 hole even when its Valdez. It was hard to watch Bochy make all the right moves managing with a sense of urgency while Dusty seemed to think there was plenty of time until there wasn't.

The nature of Sports is that you can't have the Joy without also feeling the Pain. Those who are so quick to "move on" after the loss surely aren't as vested in the team as I am. I had real joy after the Game 2 win and remember thinking how great it was that I could be so happy without spending a dime. I'll root for ASU and OSU now but its not the same because the Reds are easily my #1 team. Sure I'll get over it. But I recognize that the great 2012 season will always be remembered as the year the Reds choked at home to the Giants.

10-14-2012, 02:06 AM
After swearing off post season baseball for the rest of this year, I've come up with two ways to heal:

- catch a bit of the LCS rounds and maybe get some solace from possible DET and SFO wins

- all 18 hours of Ken Burns' "Baseball". What a great piece of work to reset when pissed at your team(s). This is a great game.