PDA

View Full Version : NFL Football 2012 Thread

Razor Shines
10-11-2012, 05:31 PM
I think this is latest we've ever started this thread. I have no idea why we waited so long this year, I just took a pill that blocked out the last 6 months.

Anyway: Football!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reds/Flyers Fan
10-12-2012, 12:24 AM
An ever-so-slight balance returns to the Cincinnati universe tonight: The Pittsburgh Steelers lost to the lowly Titans.

Razor Shines
10-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Remember when someone posted that Matt Cassell was a better QB than Peyton Manning?

Just kidding with you Kal.

finnster77
10-12-2012, 02:33 PM
I think this is latest we've ever started this thread. I have no idea why we waited so long this year, I just took a pill that blocked out the last 6 months.

Anyway: Football!!

Because football can now officially start in the Queen City.

Bengals aren't second fiddle as of yesterday.

blumj
10-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Any other fans of Mike Tanier's NFL Lowdown around? I'm still giggling a little at his predicted Patriots at Seahawks score.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/39718076/

OldRightHander
10-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Because football can now officially start in the Queen City.

Bengals aren't second fiddle as of yesterday.

Same here. I kind of wish the NFL would start in November so it would fit nicely during the baseball offseason.

Chip R
10-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Looks like new ownership is going to fire Holmgren in CLE.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8511711/mike-holmgren-cleveland-browns-sale-official-sources-say

Also the Eagles fired their defensive coordinator.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8511166/juan-castillo-fired-philadelphia-eagles

UKFlounder
10-21-2012, 04:01 PM
Wow at the Giants -Redskins game

RedsBaron
10-28-2012, 03:19 PM
The Steelers win the award for the ugliest sports uniform in history. The "throwback" uniforms they are wearing in today's game against the Redskins should be "thrown back."

blumj
10-28-2012, 03:39 PM
You beat me to it, almost like really bad bumblebee Halloween costumes.

Razor Shines
10-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Ben just wanted to see what it would be like if he wasn't a famous NFL QB. #prisonstripes

Chip R
10-29-2012, 02:30 PM
The Steelers win the award for the ugliest sports uniform in history. The "throwback" uniforms they are wearing in today's game against the Redskins should be "thrown back."

More like "thrown up." :barf:

Razor Shines
10-29-2012, 02:37 PM
I expected Peyton to come back and be pretty good but not this good. 12 TDs and 1 pick in the last four games.

blumj
11-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Rams and 49ers game ends tied, and it just feels wrong that neither team gets a loss when both teams did so much to deserve one.

gilpdawg
11-13-2012, 01:56 AM
Go on Deadspin and watch the video of Reilly looking like a complete schmuck begging Stu Scott to give him credit for "breaking" the Roethlisberger injury news on Twitter first. And then check out Steve Young's reaction. It's classic.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

KronoRed
11-13-2012, 02:50 AM
Scott looked pissed and Young looked embarrassed to be of the same species :lol:

texasdave
11-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Suh showing everyone once again what a punk he is with a left cleat to the groin of Matt Schaub.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/11/suh-kick-schaub-in-groin-on-purpose/

Joseph
11-22-2012, 09:27 PM
Suh showing everyone once again what a punk he is with a left cleat to the groin of Matt Schaub.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/11/suh-kick-schaub-in-groin-on-purpose/

Let's just say that wasn't the only missed call in that game and be happy your team won.

texasdave
11-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Let's just say that wasn't the only missed call in that game and be happy your team won.

They aren't my team. I am a Bengals' fan. I could not care less whether the Texans win or lose. That is the first time that I have watched them all year, I believe. Thanksgiving Day football and all. If you are referring to the touchdown run by Justin Forsett, Lions' fans can thank their coach for that. Replay would have gotten that call correct. Their coach messed that one up. And regardless of any other calls, Suh is still a punk.

Ohayou
11-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Hi, I'm Mark Sanchez, welcome to Jackass!

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/3754073/stillbetterthancassel.0_cinema_400.0.gif

dougdirt
11-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Now I get why Mark Sanchez is such a poor quarterback..... He can't see.

RedsBaron
11-23-2012, 07:10 AM
The Jets should try Tim Tebow at QB. I doubt that Tebow really has the skills to be a successful NFL quarterback, but I do think he can do at least as good a job as Mark Sanchez of running that rather strange play of having the QB ram his head into the butt of his offensive lineman and fumble the ball to the opponent. ;)

Stray
11-23-2012, 10:20 AM
My favorite part is when he drops his head to the turf. Like 'I give up' lol.

Ohayou
11-29-2012, 12:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4xGGgz5TcI

LOL - first time seeing this. I can only imagine what Riverfront/early PBS was like.

wolfboy
11-29-2012, 02:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4xGGgz5TcI

LOL - first time seeing this. I can only imagine what Riverfront/early PBS was like.

There wasn't anyone there to yell at the team. I went to a Jacksonville game in 2002 at PBS and sat somewhere around Section 116 in the corner of the end zone. If I threw a rock, I couldn't have hit the next closest fan. It was empty.

wolfboy
11-29-2012, 02:48 PM
http://bengals.enquirer.com/2002/12/16/photos/b9d_zoom.jpg

Ohayou
12-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Jets sign Braylon Edwards...just one week after he calls them idiots.

:lol:

Chip R
12-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Jets sign Braylon Edwards...just one week after he calls them idiots.

:lol:

If the cleat fits...

Reds Freak
12-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Reports of Goddell discussing expanding playoffs to 14 or 16 teams. Why must every league continue to cheapen their championships by adding mediocre teams to the postseason? Why even have a regular season?

Gizmo
12-13-2012, 10:48 AM
What if we set it up soccer style? Start out with 6 divisional seeding games each team playing the other 3 in their division home and away. From there a 32 team playoff could be established with 16 AFC teams and 16 NFC teams playing a double elimination tournament. Seeding matchups could rotate every year so that North 1 seed plays South 4 seed, 2s play 3s, and vice versa while East and West do the same in the first round. The following season would see North and East pair while West and South pairs, for example. In this league all teams would get at least 8 games a season, and the Super Bowl would be the 14th games played for each team as the NFC and AFC finally pair off.
Except for the whole money making process, this could make for an exciting season where after the 6 divisional games every game is life and death for each team, while only having to put up with bad teams for 8 weeks and seeing top teams pairing up weekly!

TeamSelig
12-13-2012, 02:35 PM
How can people treat other human beings like that? Disgusting.

I understand heckling... do it in a fun way or whatever, but wow.

Ohayou
12-22-2012, 10:52 PM
Calvin Johnson only four yards away from breaking Jerry Rice's record.

gilpdawg
12-22-2012, 11:30 PM
He got it. How awesome was Rice that he had that yardage total in a season where passing wasn't nearly as prevalant as it is nowadays.

kaldaniels
12-23-2012, 11:10 PM
Pete Carroll just doesn't let his foot off the gas pedal does he?

Kinda refreshing to see.

Ohayou
12-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Terrelle Pryor to start today for the Raiders. This should be interesting.

blumj
12-30-2012, 07:37 PM
Vikings-Packers game is fantastic, just in case anyone turned off the tv or flipped to a movie or something.

Stray
12-30-2012, 07:54 PM
Adrian Peterson should win the MVP.

texasdave
12-31-2012, 03:17 PM
http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2012/12/31/busy-black-monday-around-the-nfl/

7 head coaches looking for another job. Chicago went 10-6 but that wasn't good enough for Lovie Smith.

KronoRed
12-31-2012, 06:18 PM
I wonder how many of the fired guys will simply be recycled to other jobs.

blumj
12-31-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm half expecting some sort of coach auction from those QBs on facebook people.

Stray
01-06-2013, 07:29 PM
I don't know how bad RG3's injury is, but I'm pretty sure he shouldn't have been in the game. I also question the Redskins organization for putting down a terrible field when their QB has a bum knee. Watching the 2nd half you just felt like it was only a matter of time till his knee gave out...

Don't wanna overreact till more facts are out, but I can't help but be a little mad watching that garbage. The coaching staff needs to be held accountable if it is what it looks like.

improbus
01-06-2013, 07:51 PM
I don't know how bad RG3's injury is, but I'm pretty sure he shouldn't have been in the game. I also question the Redskins organization for putting down a terrible field when their QB has a bum knee. Watching the 2nd half you just felt like it was only a matter of time till his knee gave out...

Don't wanna overreact till more facts are out, but I can't help but be a little mad watching that garbage. The coaching staff needs to be held accountable if it is what it looks like.

It looked like a brilliant move on the first two drives.

BTW, that field reminded me of watching Browns games at Municipal Stadium or even PBS before they put in the field turf.

Sea Ray
01-06-2013, 07:53 PM

I think Shanahan is going to take a lot of heat for this one, especially if RG3 tore something

Sea Ray
01-06-2013, 07:56 PM
It looked like a brilliant move on the first two drives.

BTW, that field reminded me of watching Browns games at Municipal Stadium or even PBS before they put in the field turf.

The thing is he re-injured that knee during the 2nd drive. At that point on he was no longer RG3. Shanahan risked further injury to his franchise QB and he hurt his offense by keeping his very capable backup off the field. RG3 needed to come out at least by half time

improbus
01-06-2013, 07:56 PM
It does seem like the four best teams won, which bodes well for the second round. Also, before Griffin hurt himself more, the Seahwaks/Skins game did look like the first game of the weekend between two good teams. Cincy, Minny, and Indy were all pretty bad. But, it wasn't meant to last.

Ohayou
01-16-2013, 12:15 PM
I thought this was hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zce-QT7MGSE

WVRed
01-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Interesting coaching hires today:

Marc Trestman of Canadian Football League fame to the Chicago Bears. He is supposedly an offensive mind so it will be interesting to see how well he does with Cutler.

Chip Kelly to the Philadelphia Eagles. I'm interested in seeing how well the Quack Attack translates into the NFL, but my guess is this is another Pete Carroll situation where a coach gets out before sanctions come.

Razor Shines
01-23-2013, 02:21 PM
So your Pro Bowl center doesn't show up for the game, your MVP QB throws 5 picks and it was the coach that threw the game? The Chicago Black Sox should have used that argument and blamed Gleason.