PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to continue to watch the playoffs? (poll)

REDREAD
10-11-2012, 05:36 PM
I think I'm done with baseball for the year.. I'm proud of the Reds.. not angry, but I have no interest in watching the rest of the postseason.

How about everyone else?

westofyou
10-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Hell yes

Once it's over I'll have plenty of time to contemplate my navel

Rojo
10-11-2012, 05:39 PM
As much as I can.

Reds Fanatic
10-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Yes I will still watch. I am still a diehard baseball fan even though I am heartbroken right now

Hoosier Red
I think I'm done with baseball for the year.. I'm proud of the Reds.. not angry, but I have no interest in watching the rest of the postseason.

How about everyone else?

It usually takes about one round for me to get these things out of my system. That said if the Cardinals advance I'm not watching anymore.

crazybob60
It will probably take a few days, but I will pick it up again. Just a tad down right now.

FlightRick
10-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Of course I am. I have the Yankees to root for, and the Cardinals to root against. I will do each equally enthusiastically.

REDREAD
10-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Once it's over I'll have plenty of time to contemplate my navel

You might want to pick up a few hobbies, if that's your offseason plan. :)

_Sir_Charles_
10-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Nope. I'm done. I'm so freakin' depressed it's unreal. *sigh* I didn't watch the Cardinals' world series either. I'm really proud of the Reds, they had one helluva season, but watching Cueto go down and then getting swept at home...it just stings. A lot.

I think I'll be taking a break from here and baseball altogether for a little while. I can't believe how heavily invested I got this year. The most I've lived and died with the Reds since 1976.

I hate hearing it, but it's appropriate right now....."get 'em next year boys!" :(

Caveat Emperor
10-11-2012, 05:50 PM
I refuse to watch STL continue to win. It hurts my soul a little bit each time they succeed.

reds1869
10-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Absolutely. I love the Reds but I love baseball more.

thatcoolguy_22
10-11-2012, 05:56 PM
I usually have to either stay up or wake up early to watch any games here. I am done until the winter meetings.

vaticanplum
10-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Of course I am. I have the Yankees to root for, and the Cardinals to root against. I will do each equally enthusiastically.

Yep. And six months with no baseball is such a long time.

Last year was an amazing postseason top to bottom. Hoping for more close series and late-game heroics. Hopefully by teams other than the Cardinals.

Matt700wlw
10-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Of course I'll watch. Since I don't have cable, it will be nice to see some games on Fox soon :)

I'll root against the Cardinals, which will probably end up being another shot to the giblets...

klw
10-11-2012, 06:06 PM
I don't think I will watch. I need to step back and address my Van Der Memes addiction. I will follow what is happening and will likely watch some highlights but I don't care what happens. In a way this is a relief as the tension of the past week has given way to exhaustion. I was too tense to follow the games which without cable I couldn't watch. Reading the threads was too much. I wish the Reds were still going on. Heck I remember where in my dorm I sat and watched each game in 1990. Maybe I will dig out my tape of game 4 and watch that one night. As for this season, they can play the games. Hopefully they will have suspense, the umps won't play a role, and games won't be decided on a mistake, blunder or error but rather on skill and performance. May the best team win and may that team not be the Cardinals.

Ghosts of 1990
10-11-2012, 06:10 PM
I'm done with baseball for a good, long while. Not sure when I'll be back.

Always Red
10-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Is the baseball season over yet?

Of course, I'll continue to watch, because after that, it's frickin winter time.

Spring training starts in 4 months...

westofyou
10-11-2012, 07:48 PM

Of course, I'll continue to watch, because after that, it's frickin winter time.

No doubt... other crazy questions you might be asked are as follows:

(Bone up on the answers guys)

Hey.. want to see a naked woman?

What's better no money or a billion dollars?

Want me to buy you lunch?

I brought you beer want one?

reds44
10-11-2012, 07:48 PM
No.

RED VAN HOT
10-11-2012, 08:03 PM
I stopped watching after game 3 and the news on Cueto. Saw no need to subject myself to the pain of what I felt was going to happen. I won't watch again until and unless the Cardinals and Yankees are eliminated. A WS between those teams would be unbearable.

Always Red
10-11-2012, 08:05 PM
No doubt... other crazy questions you might be asked are as follows:

(Bone up on the answers guys)

Hey.. want to see a naked woman?

What's better no money or a billion dollars?

Want me to buy you lunch?

I brought you beer want one?

Sure, I'd love to have a beer or four with you, woy :beerme:

cincrazy
10-11-2012, 08:08 PM
I love baseball. Of course I will watch. In a few more weeks, there will be no baseball left, at all. For many months. That's the saddest thing of all.

GoReds
10-11-2012, 08:44 PM
I want to witness the Cards and Nats go to five games with the Nats winning on a passed ball in the bottom of the ninth. Carpenter and Molina announce they are too down to continue and retire.

Wonderful Monds
10-11-2012, 08:46 PM
I did in 2010. I think I took a break until the World Series though.

This year, probably the same. Unless the Cardinals advance that far. In that case, I'm probably ignoring all things baseball for awhile.

CarolinaRedleg
10-11-2012, 08:49 PM
I can't. It hurts too much.

RedFanAlways1966
10-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Cannot do it. Too hard for me. I understand that only two teams make it to the big stage, but w/out my team it is hard on me. If my team is not in the post-season, then I watch most of it. Am I odd or just a spoil-sport? I might change in a few days, but right now I am watching WWII documentaries.

dman
10-11-2012, 08:52 PM
If either Baltimore or Detroit make it to the World Series, I'll follow... If not, I'm done with baseball til 2013.

I must say, I was rooting for an Orioles/Reds World Series matchup, but now the Reds are out of it, I'm all in for the Tigers.... It's the whole Sparky Anderson connection that goes back to the 1984 Tigers.

vic715
10-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Yes, GO TIGERS!!!

corkedbat
10-11-2012, 08:56 PM
For me, baseball season ends when the Reds final game does. Reds season is year round.

Got fourth row seats for Big Blue Madness tomorrow night @ Rupp. I'm gonna be ready for the Hot Stove League come the first part of November though.

OnBaseMachine
10-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Absolutely. Go A's/Orioles.

alloverjr
10-11-2012, 09:00 PM
For me, baseball season ends when the Reds final game does. Reds season is year round.

Got fourth row seats for Big Blue Madness tomorrow night @ Rupp. I'm gonna be ready for the Hot Stove League come the first part of November though.

While you're there, tell Cal that I'm extremely disappointed in the #4 ranking and think he should start looking over his shoulder. And pay that Wiggins kid to reclass and come in '13. Thanks.

powersackers
10-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Answering this question now is like going to the grocery when you're starving. Don't do it! Give yourself time.

dfs
10-11-2012, 09:12 PM
I won't watch anywhere near as much as I have been or I would have had the home town nine kept playing, but I will watch.

alloverjr
10-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Answering this question now is like going to the grocery when you're starving. Don't do it! Give yourself time.

I know many people who will, but just as I no longer watch the NCAA tourney once my team is out, I won't watch baseball eaither. Frankly, kind of opens up some time that I otherwise spent watching games when I should have been doing something productive. Unlike now. ;)

oneupper
10-11-2012, 09:16 PM
I know many people who will, but just as I no longer watch the NCAA tourney once my team is out, I won't watch baseball eaither. Frankly, kind of opens up some time that I otherwise spent watching games when I should have been doing something productive. Unlike now. ;)

I have MOUNTAINS of work and chores piled up. My wife has been trying to make an appointment with me for months!

corkedbat
10-11-2012, 09:23 PM
nm

Reds Nd2
10-11-2012, 09:28 PM

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby

As long as theres still baseball left to be played, I'll be watching

15fan
10-11-2012, 09:53 PM
I love baseball. Of course I will watch. In a few more weeks, there will be no baseball left, at all. For many months. That's the saddest thing of all.

Amen.

Why any baseball fan would chose to not want baseball is beyond me.

dougdirt
10-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Yes, but I feel sick the entire time.

jhu1321
10-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Yes, but I feel sick the entire time.

Well put.

Tadasimha
10-12-2012, 08:29 PM

I'll be watching the rest of the playoffs and the WS all the way through. I'll also be following the playoffs that have just begun in Japan for the NPB. In November there will be baseball being played in Japan and Panama as teams look to qualify for the 2013 World Baseball Classic AND the Australian Baseball League gets under way.

I'm following baseball almost all the way to spring training next year! :thumbup:

westofyou
10-12-2012, 08:57 PM
I'll be watching the rest of the playoffs and the WS all the way through. I'll also be following the playoffs that have just begun in Japan for the NPB. In November there will be baseball being played in Japan and Panama as teams look to qualify for the 2013 World Baseball Classic AND the Australian Baseball League gets under way.

I'm following baseball almost all the way to spring training next year! :thumbup:

Yep, because it is the best game out there, it's not like the back n forth games, it's magical and it has the best story lines, it's played by humans not super humans who spend hours in the gym to have bodies that 99.8% of the population don't have. It's richer in history than all the other major sports combined, it's a game that I can still talk to my father about (and his interest in sports is small) its the game that paved the way for all the NFLs and NBAs and College sports mania.

It's the best game out there bar none

Edskin
10-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Too painful to watch the LCS, that's for sure. Won't be able to get past the envy and disappointment. One of the seven deadly sins, I know....consider me guilty.

Once the WS rolls around, I'll probably be at a point where I can watch, but won't go out of my way to do so.

Let's put it this way...had the Reds won yesterday, I would be GLUED to the Nats-Cards game right now. But as it stands, I've checked the score a few times just in hopes that STL loses, but haven't watched a pitch.

Gizmo
10-13-2012, 12:40 AM
I will because it'll be on the tv at work. But I don't care any more, I can't stand all parties involved at this point. I think the Giants would be the lesser of 4 evils, so I guess I'll root against them the least.

10-13-2012, 12:48 AM
Just deleted the MLB app from my phone and iPad.

Bud Selig has managed to further ruin the greatest game in the world. Absolutely no need for a second wild card team. It disgusts me that a team as pathetically mediocre and poorly put together as the Cardinals now have a real chance of being back to back champs.

I will always love the game, but the way that a father loves his child that has become a homeless drug addict.

Brutus
10-13-2012, 12:49 AM
I was going to until tonight. Now I'm going to have a hard time, although now I'm the biggest_Giants_fan_EVER.

Brutus
10-13-2012, 12:50 AM
Just deleted the MLB app from my phone and iPad.

Bud Selig has managed to further ruin the greatest game in the world. Absolutely no need for a second wild card team. It disgusts me that a team as pathetically mediocre and poorly put together as the Cardinals now have a real chance of being back to back champs.

I will always love the game, but the way that a father loves his child that has become a homeless drug addict.

It doesn't matter how many spots there are. The Cardinals would be the last team to get in and manage to win the frickin' thing.

Matt700wlw
10-13-2012, 12:52 AM
I can say I won't watch anymore, but I know better.

Reds/Flyers Fan
10-13-2012, 02:15 AM
No, I won't be watching anymore of the playoffs. And judging from the atrocious TV ratings so far, no one except fans of the participating teams are watching either. NFL regular season games featuring the Jets and Texans are slaughtering even Yankees games, in NYC no less.

Throw in the extended presence of the vomit-inducing Cardinals and there's no way I'll turn on an NLCS game.

Edskin
10-13-2012, 04:37 AM
No, I won't be watching anymore of the playoffs. And judging from the atrocious TV ratings so far, no one except fans of the participating teams are watching either. NFL regular season games featuring the Jets and Texans are slaughtering even Yankees games, in NYC no less.

Throw in the extended presence of the vomit-inducing Cardinals and there's no way I'll turn on an NLCS game.

No one watches MLB; its just a fact. I accepted it long ago. The ratings tell the story but my eyes and ears are what really matter....I can talk NFL, college football, NBA, and college basketball with any of my friends, most of my acquantances, and a majority of the strangers I meet, but when it comes to MLB....crickets.

MikeThierry
10-13-2012, 05:35 AM
Of course I am :)

10-13-2012, 06:03 AM
Of course I am :)

Seriously, dude... Not cool.

membengal
10-13-2012, 07:38 AM
After last night...nope.

Cyclone792
10-13-2012, 08:54 AM
I'm going to watch, and I'm definitely rooting for the Tigers.

redsfan30
10-13-2012, 09:56 AM
It will be extremely tough to watch the NLCS but I will do it, albeit not as closely as I normally would...the pain is still too real.

As Doug said earlier, I will still watch, just be sick at my stomach while doing it.

westofyou
10-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Yep still watching and soaking it in.

Whoever wins doesn't affect me one iota

And if the Giants get to the series I might shoot down there and catch a game.

powersackers
10-13-2012, 11:27 PM
No one watches MLB; its just a fact. I accepted it long ago. The ratings tell the story but my eyes and ears are what really matter....I can talk NFL, college football, NBA, and college basketball with any of my friends, most of my acquantances, and a majority of the strangers I meet, but when it comes to MLB....crickets.

I don't know about ratings but no matter what bar, airport or restaurant or hotel I was in the last two weeks on the West coast they all had the games on and there were lots of cheers and high fives from Giants and A's fans.

HeatherC1212
10-13-2012, 11:58 PM
The Orioles are now out of it so I'm done with baseball until next season. Both series are totally unwatchable to me now and considering I'm a pretty big fan of baseball in general (I do watch a lot of non Reds games during the regular season in addition to watching the Reds most nights), this is pretty sad for me. I can't find anything worth rooting for in either series though so off to rooting for my fave football teams, fave skaters, and favorite gymnasts I go until next year.

Edskin
10-14-2012, 12:13 AM
I don't know about ratings but no matter what bar, airport or restaurant or hotel I was in the last two weeks on the West coast they all had the games on and there were lots of cheers and high fives from Giants and A's fans.

Individual fanbases are strong and I'm sure in the cities themselves it becomes a hot topic, but lets not forget that as recently as August the A's were lucky to get 20,000 in the stands on a given night.

More to my point, if I am having a causal conversation and the fact that I am a Redskins fan comes up, people will often say things like "Excited about RG3?" Or something along those lines. When I am traveling and tell people I am from OKC they almost always mention the Thunder and/or Kevin Durant. If my Reds fandom comes up, they will mention something about the BRM or Pete Rose. Tells a whole lot about where MLB was and now is now in the national consciousness.

I was trying to describe the tension and disappointment of the 9th inning on Thursday and many of my friends didn't even know the game was being played.

westofyou
10-14-2012, 01:03 AM
Individual fanbases are strong and I'm sure in the cities themselves it becomes a hot topic, but lets not forget that as recently as August the A's were lucky to get 20,000 in the stands on a given night.

More to my point, if I am having a causal conversation and the fact that I am a Redskins fan comes up, people will often say things like "Excited about RG3?" Or something along those lines. When I am traveling and tell people I am from OKC they almost always mention the Thunder and/or Kevin Durant. If my Reds fandom comes up, they will mention something about the BRM or Pete Rose. Tells a whole lot about where MLB was and now is now in the national consciousness.

I was trying to describe the tension and disappointment of the 9th inning on Thursday and many of my friends didn't even know the game was being played.

Baseball is wrapped in its history, the other leagues in the now, that has a lot to do with casual baseball conversation. Because of its connection to history every generation will have an attachment to items ( like the BRM) more than the now

No one ever wants to discuss Art Monk with you I bet, not Xavier McDaniel, but a baseball fan will always return to Johnny Bench or Willie Mays

Edskin
10-14-2012, 01:30 AM
Baseball is wrapped in its history, the other leagues in the now, that has a lot to do with casual baseball conversation. Because of its connection to history every generation will have an attachment to items ( like the BRM) more than the now

No one ever wants to discuss Art Monk with you I bet, not Xavier McDaniel, but a baseball fan will always return to Johnny Bench or Willie Mays

Problem being WOY is that MLB is not progressing or building new fans... At least not at the rate of the other leagues. I'm a nostalgic guy, which is one reason I love baseball. I love the history and the nuance and the tension. And those names you mentioned are forever ingrained in our history.... And not just sporting history. But MLB also seems stuck in that history.

It's cool that people still want to chat about the BRM, but those same people have no idea who Joey Votto is... And that is a problem for the sport. The incredible decline in African American participation is also an issue.

There are two issues here.....

1. The game of baseball itself
2. The "product" of MLB

I think #1 is still beautiful. The game, the pace, the history, are all so unique and to me, eternally inviting. But #2 needs a lot of work. It has spent years and years banking soley on #1 while avoiding it's obvious weaknesses. As a society, we have a shorter attention span and no amount of marketing or PR will allow MLB to compete with the NFL or even the NBA when its at a high point in popularity like now. But things can be done that aren't being done.

westofyou
10-14-2012, 01:35 AM
MLB isn't the nfl yep

It destroys the NBA as far as interest and revenue

Reds/Flyers Fan
10-14-2012, 02:03 AM

Cities/regions that have teams playing in the games will be watching, but that's about it. Take tonight: I was in two bars in the Dayton area that had OSU on the majority of TVs and the few that weren't on the Buckeyes had LSU/USC and even NASCAR ... NASCAR! Amazingly, no one asked for baseball.

If it weren't for my iPhone I'd have had no idea what the Yankees score was.

Edskin
10-14-2012, 07:36 AM
MLB isn't the nfl yep

It destroys the NBA as far as interest and revenue

Not sure how you base interest.... First of all, the NBA is much more popular internationally and they make a killing in places like China, etc where their stars are mega celebrities.

Secondary, TV ratings.... They are generally better than MLB here in the states. That isn't the only gauge of "interest" of course but it is one you can measure.

The NBA is definitely very cyclical and has peaks and valleys in terms of interest. Right now it is near an all time high. I beleive it is the best product in sports right now all things considered. I have followed the league closely all my life and this is as strong, competitive, and compelling as it has ever been... And that is clearly reflected in the ratings.

And I'm not an apologist for it... I actually think the league was very overrated in the Jordan years as his competition was "eh" at best. He was just a strong enough star to carry the league for nearly a decade. Late 90's into early 2000's was a horrible period for the league. Boring teams and stars that weren't stars at all.

Then, in the mid 2000's the league got an influx of legitimate superstars and extremely good teams and it is at a crescendo right now.

cumberlandreds
10-14-2012, 11:45 AM
I voted no but I will watch a little. Not much for me to watch for now since the Reds and Nats got knocked out. Until I saw this morning that Jeter broke his ankle I felt like it was destined for a Yankee/Cardinal WS. That probably won't happen now but it probably makes the Cards the favorites to win it all. I know I'm not staying up late to watch any of the rest of the games in the post season. So in effect baseball season is over for me.

HokieRed
10-14-2012, 01:51 PM
I'll be watching and rooting for the Giants over the Cardinals. In the AL I don't care who wins. I think the second wild card is a sham, and I'd say this even if it were the Reds in the place of the Cards now. For a team that finished 10 games (or whatever the final number was) out in a mediocre division to still be in it is very undermining of the regular season.

Brutus
10-15-2012, 03:09 AM
Not sure how you base interest.... First of all, the NBA is much more popular internationally and they make a killing in places like China, etc where their stars are mega celebrities.

Secondary, TV ratings.... They are generally better than MLB here in the states. That isn't the only gauge of "interest" of course but it is one you can measure.

The NBA is definitely very cyclical and has peaks and valleys in terms of interest. Right now it is near an all time high. I beleive it is the best product in sports right now all things considered. I have followed the league closely all my life and this is as strong, competitive, and compelling as it has ever been... And that is clearly reflected in the ratings.

And I'm not an apologist for it... I actually think the league was very overrated in the Jordan years as his competition was "eh" at best. He was just a strong enough star to carry the league for nearly a decade. Late 90's into early 2000's was a horrible period for the league. Boring teams and stars that weren't stars at all.

Then, in the mid 2000's the league got an influx of legitimate superstars and extremely good teams and it is at a crescendo right now.

There are far more fans of baseball than the NBA based on almost every market survey I've ever seen. TV ratings are definitely misleading because baseball is such a marathon sport, people aren't inclined to tune-in 6-7 nights a week to watch their favorite team because that would be 18-20 hours a week to do so. It's much easier to watch 2-3 games a week (like the NBA) for 5-7 hours.

Nonetheless, I think that baseball teams can draw, on average, twice as many fans for a home baseball game despite having twice as many home games than NBA teams probably tells the story about total interest.

Rojo
10-15-2012, 02:22 PM
Bear in mind that it will take a baseball team a minimum of 3 LDS wins, 4 LCS wins and 4 WS wins to take home the big prize.

That's 11 wins in the post-season. An NFL season is 16 games -- making one regular season NFL game nearly as crucial as MLB post-season game.

I'm not worried about the future of baseball. Yeah, lots of kids may ignore it. But once they get too old for clubs, have a few kids, get a day jobs, etc... they realize, hey, there's a ballgame on nearly every day. "Soccer is the game of future -- always has been" applies in reverse to baseball.

Having said all that, I think baseball could stand to make some in-game changes to speed it up.

TOBTTReds
10-15-2012, 06:58 PM
If the Cards get knocked out, I'll watch the WS. I've watched a little bit od the ALCS, but I didn't even know who won game 1 of the NLCS til someone randomly told me in the morning.

cumberlandreds
10-16-2012, 07:51 AM
I've not watched a pitch of the NLCS. Only watched the last few innings of game 2 of the ALCS. Probably will not watch much more. I have to get up at 4:30 am to get ready for work and no need in staying up late killing myself to watch these games since the Reds are out of it.

marcshoe
10-16-2012, 08:33 AM
I've surprised myself by not watching so far. Somehow seeing the Cardinals still playing is what gets me the most.

Chip R
10-16-2012, 09:01 AM
Problem being WOY is that MLB is not progressing or building new fans... At least not at the rate of the other leagues.

I don't think that's true. If it were true, baseball would have the popularity right now of field hockey because there would be no young fans watching the game. TV deals are skyrocketing. There has to be new fans out there because someone has to replace the older fans who are no longer with us.

mth123
10-16-2012, 09:06 AM
Problem being WOY is that MLB is not progressing or building new fans... At least not at the rate of the other leagues. I'm a nostalgic guy, which is one reason I love baseball. I love the history and the nuance and the tension. And those names you mentioned are forever ingrained in our history.... And not just sporting history. But MLB also seems stuck in that history.

It's cool that people still want to chat about the BRM, but those same people have no idea who Joey Votto is... And that is a problem for the sport. The incredible decline in African American participation is also an issue.

There are two issues here.....

1. The game of baseball itself
2. The "product" of MLB

I think #1 is still beautiful. The game, the pace, the history, are all so unique and to me, eternally inviting. But #2 needs a lot of work. It has spent years and years banking soley on #1 while avoiding it's obvious weaknesses. As a society, we have a shorter attention span and no amount of marketing or PR will allow MLB to compete with the NFL or even the NBA when its at a high point in popularity like now. But things can be done that aren't being done.

I heard this 30 years ago, yet this board is filled with rabid fans in their 20's and teens.

REDREAD
10-16-2012, 09:33 AM
I've surprised myself by not watching so far. Somehow seeing the Cardinals still playing is what gets me the most.

I know this isn't popular, but I think it would be hillarious if the Cardinals just squeeked into the playoffs again and won the whole thing.

I can understand people wanting the Cards to be eliminated though.. I get that.

cumberlandreds
10-16-2012, 09:36 AM
I heard this 30 years ago, yet this board is filled with rabid fans in their 20's and teens.

I heard it 40 years ago and baseball keeps thriving. It survived a horrendous strike that wiped out the post season in 1994 and has bounced back with record numbers in attendance. It was here long before us and will be here long after we all are gone. No doubt football is number one. But baseball has its own special place for sports fans that will never be challenged.

westofyou
10-16-2012, 09:36 AM

Plus all online data shows that MLB has a HUGE presence on the internet and well we all know the internet is full of more youngsters than oldsters

Roy Tucker
10-16-2012, 11:58 PM
I tried but it was still too raw. I just can't.

Maybe I'll be better by the WS, but it still just makes me want to puke.

BuckeyeRedleg
10-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Still haven't watched a pitch.

westofyou
10-17-2012, 05:00 PM

Listening at work jealous that there is no tv here.

In other news still haven't watched any football

Redhook
10-18-2012, 07:42 AM

Me either. If the Cardinals magically don't make the World Series, I might consider watching an inning or two.

Reds/Flyers Fan
10-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Yesterday was the first day that I didn't watch a single pitch, see a single score or was even aware that there was a game being played while I was doing something else.

Baseball season is over.

Red in Chicago
10-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Listening at work jealous that there is no tv here.

In other news still haven't watched any football

What is this football you speak of;)

crazybob60
10-18-2012, 05:50 PM
I have watched some of the AL, but I still haven't been able to force myself to watch any of the Cards games. Its just maddening to me that they made it further than us this season. Grrr!!!!!

RedsFan75
10-18-2012, 10:43 PM
I can get into the Tigers, I've liked them for quite a while, but really have no interest in the NL teams... still kinda numb and raw.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Tadasimha
10-20-2012, 02:11 PM
It's going to be weird having NO baseball games to watch tonight.

Rojo
10-20-2012, 02:47 PM
I've made this observation before but it came into play last night: notice how often the 1-6-3 DP is screwed up? If I were a manager I'd drill my pitchers on that one.

dman
10-20-2012, 07:50 PM
NM

Caveat Emperor
10-21-2012, 05:30 PM
I've made this observation before but it came into play last night: notice how often the 1-6-3 DP is screwed up? If I were a manager I'd drill my pitchers on that one.

It's one of the toughest plays in baseball -- everyone is moving and it requires the pitcher to get the ball, do a complete turn, identify which direction the covering player is coming from, and make a good throw at a speed different than he pitches at.

It's one of those plays where it's tip the cap to the players when it's made correctly, IMO.

marcshoe
10-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Okay, watching tonight.

Always Red
10-21-2012, 08:48 PM
Okay, watching tonight.

Me too, and enjoying it.

Of course, the alternative is the Bungals.

RollyInRaleigh
10-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Have not watched a game since the Reds loss. That is very unusual for me. Hit hard this year and having a rough time getting over it. Helped that I was in Florida at Indian Rocks Beach all last week.