PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, Mr. Castellini

Redlegs
10-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Thanks to Bob Castellini for making baseball matter in October again. As bad as it hurts to drop 3 at home and check out of the postseason, it's been a lot of fun being a Reds fan this season. Brighter days are ahead, folks. Opening Day 2013 is right around the corner!

WOOOOO!

REDREAD
10-11-2012, 06:44 PM
I agree.
Cast did everything in his power to help the team win. He was very generous.
This is still the best season since 1995. Thanks BobC .

Benihana
10-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Agreed. :clap:

backbencher
10-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Add me to the list.

Fantastic season, made possible by a strong organization from top to bottom, starting with the owner.

A couple of unfortunate injuries to the team's #1 player and #1 starter may have cost the team the chance at more glory, but I'm going to remember this season for a long time.

oregonred
10-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Yes indeed. Despite the agonozing what ifs for months, the franchise is in great hands and one to be proud of once again. I always thought 2013-2015 was the real window.

Time for Walt to make some tweaks in the offseason to take it to the next level. The bench was unacceptable this season and time to make some calls on the roster management (Stubbs/Heisey, Arredondo, etc.).

Really, if the Giants lost Matt Cain after 8 pitches and Buster Posey was reduced to nothing more than a singles hitter then things would have been different. Just a shame the Reds lost with limited to no contributions from our two best WAR players on the roster.

lollipopcurve
10-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Agreed. Ownership has vaulted the team to the next level.

Boss-Hog
10-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Nice post...as bitterly disappointing as today's loss and the series loss are, I feel good about the future of this organization.

mbgrayson
10-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Thanks Reds owners and management!

I hated losing this series, but it was nice to still be playing baseball on October 11th.

Next year, we will have Cueto back, and Joey will be back at full strength. Watch out MLB in 2013!

reds1869
10-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Thank you indeed. Mr. Castellini has delivered on the promise he made in his first press conference as owner. Championship baseball has indeed returned to Cincinnati and I fully expect to win bigger and better trophies in the future.

Plus Plus
10-11-2012, 07:41 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Vottomatic
10-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Yes, this team is built to continually contend for years to come.

Revamping of the farm system, good drafts, and international signings has amounted to Votto, Cozart, Frazier, Bruce, Stubbs, Heisey, Hanigan, Mez, Cueto, Bailey, Leake, Chapman, Ondrusek............and crafty trades that got us BP, Arroyo, Latos, Rolen, etc.

Clearly they are in it to win it the right way. It will happen. The Big Red Machine started trying in the early 70's and finally won 2 in the mid-70's.

It will happen.

PuffyPig
10-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Thanks to Bob Castellini for making baseball matter in October again. As bad as it hurts to drop 3 at home and check out of the postseason, it's been a lot of fun being a Reds fan this season. Brighter days are ahead, folks. Opening Day 2013 is right around the corner!

WOOOOO!

That's the kind of post that people should be posting, and I commend you for it.

:beerme:

Wonderful Monds
10-11-2012, 08:28 PM
On the upside, one of the strengths of this team is that our owner will find this absolutely unacceptable. There will be reinforcements this winter.

mth123
10-11-2012, 08:29 PM

WOOOOO!

:thumbup:

kbrake
10-11-2012, 08:36 PM
171 days til Opening Day.

SunDeck
10-11-2012, 08:49 PM
On the upside, one of the strengths of this team is that our owner will find this absolutely unacceptable. There will be reinforcements this winter.

I think that is a very good point. Castellini has a competitive nature about his ball club that may be a difference maker. He deserves a lot of credit for reigniting the spirit of baseball in Cincinnati.

steig
10-11-2012, 09:01 PM

I hope this is ownership's response, because I do not consider this championship baseball. Championship baseball is winning a world series, Everything else is losing.

10-11-2012, 09:03 PM
All I ask from an owner is a commitment to winning. No one in baseball is more committed to winning than Cast.

:clap:

Redlegs
10-11-2012, 11:10 PM
I hope this is ownership's response, because I do not consider this championship baseball. Championship baseball is winning a world series, Everything else is losing.

I think Mr. Castellini would agree with you. However, the Reds of 2010 and 2012 were a lot more fun to watch than the recent years prior to his ownership.

RedEye
10-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Much needed "dose of reality" post here. Thanks, RedLegs. And thanks, Mr. Castellini!