PDA

View Full Version : The playoffs are a snooze fest now. ZZzzzzzzzz

RedTruck
10-14-2012, 10:51 PM
Yankees, Detroit, Cardinals, San Francisco.

Teams with the top 10 income and team salary.

No exciting cinderella stories like the Oakland A's (who have the craziest fans in the world, compared to Yankee fans) or the Baltimore O's lead by Showalter in the ALCS

No nice young matchups like the Nationals going through..and of course it's just been 17 years since Cincinnati has seen a NLCS as well.

Could care less about these matchups, unfortantly.

redhat
10-15-2012, 02:30 PM
Sour grapes.

After a year of premature chest thumping.

Except for the Yankees, who have made the playoffs every freaking year but one since expansion, the field is plenty fresh.

RedTruck
10-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Sour grapes.

After a year of premature chest thumping.

Except for the Yankees, who have made the playoffs every freaking year but one since expansion, the field is plenty fresh.

How is it fresh?

Cardinals were in the world series last year and won, and have been in the playoffs to many times to count since 2000.

The Giants won the world series in 2010

And detroit was a world series title not so long ago either.

Pretty predictable teams if you ask me.

TSJ55
10-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Sour Grapes echoed. Even after watching the Reds puke all over their shoes, watching playoff baseball is ALWAYS exciting.

RedTruck
10-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Sour Grapes echoed. Even after watching the Reds puke all over their shoes, watching playoff baseball is ALWAYS exciting.

It would've been more exciting to see more fresh faces advance (like the a's or the o's, or the nats)

Instead it's faces we see year round in the playoffs. An there's no good stories behind them either. With the Braves at least you could root for them because it was Chipper Jones final season..but it's really hard to get motivated for any of these current teams.

Baseball in itself is already a boring sport to watch compared to the NBA, or the NFL. It doesn't help the teams aren't that exciting either.

At least with Oakland, the fans were incredibly entertaining to watch, seeing them dress up in wacky costumes and whatnot

MrRedLegger
10-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Although seeing the Giants and Cards in the NLCS makes me puke, it's still good baseball.

And watching the Yankees get beat in the postseason, especially at home, is awesome to watch.

Hoping the Tigers win it all...

TSJ55
10-15-2012, 03:39 PM
It would've been more exciting to see more fresh faces advance (like the a's or the o's, or the nats)
I would have loved to have seen any of these teams still playing but they didn't win and you could say at least one of them ::cough:: Nationals ::cough:: mismanaged themselves right out of it. In my world, nothing beats high class baseball regardless of who is playing.

Instead it's faces we see year round in the playoffs. An there's no good stories behind them either. With the Braves at least you could root for them because it was Chipper Jones final season..but it's really hard to get motivated for any of these current teams.
I am a baseball fan first. A Reds fan second. A Cardinal hater third. The story is who is going to beat the Cardinals.

Baseball in itself is already a boring sport to watch compared to the NBA, or the NFL. It doesn't help the teams aren't that exciting either.
I couldn't disagree more. The NFL is pretty cool, but the NBA is a total joke comparable to the WWE or TNA wrastlin'. The 2nd worst day in sports is the day the NBA starts.

Rock of Truth
10-15-2012, 03:40 PM
I honestly cannot wait to watch Verlander pitch. My generation's Nolan Ryan.

TSJ55
10-15-2012, 03:52 PM
I honestly cannot wait to watch Verlander pitch. My generation's Nolan Ryan.

Yes. This guy is the epitome of "Pitcher".

Salukifan2
10-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Totally agree that all the compelling stories are no longer in the playoffs. I want to see the yanks come back just so they can get their ass kicked by either the cards or giants.

Magdal
10-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Yes. This guy is the epitome of "Pitcher".Book this: the Yanks will ROCK the guy and win easy.;)

Maker_84
10-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Not just the baseball playoffs but sports in general is hard to enjoy after this collapse

TSJ55
10-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Book this: the Yanks will ROCK the guy and win easy.;)

If you can give me some specifics to make "ROCK" a little more objective, I may be willing to place a friendly wager. Winner ships loser some local craft beer?

redsman55
10-15-2012, 05:40 PM
I have to agree about the snooze fest. Having a hard time picking a team to root for. I usually lean towards the NL, but with SF and St Louis.... Argggg. Detroit has the starting pitching, but their pen is suspect at best. The Yankees are toast. I'm thinking the WS champion will come out of the NL. You have to hold me over hot coals to get me to pull for either one of them.

Red Raindog
10-15-2012, 05:40 PM
As long as the Yanks get beat I'll smile -- if the Cards go down I'll dance a jig.

Magdal
10-15-2012, 07:06 PM
If you can give me some specifics to make "ROCK" a little more objective, I may be willing to place a friendly wager. Winner ships loser some local craft beer?As a long time fan I have seen the irony that is baseball...with them hitting SO bad and Jeter out and Verlander starting, there is NO rational reason for anyone to expext NY to win. Ergo: they win.

As to the wager, I would have to get the Vegas odds, in Crafts.;)

Falcon7
10-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Frisco vs Motown, I hope.

Magdal
10-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Frisco vs Motown, I hope.Probably not....the Tigers and they're fans want another shot at the Cards too bad! The baseball Gods will aquiesce and give them Tigers a chance to pull even in their 4th WS meeting.;)

But I'm still picking the Yanks tomorro.

Kcbuckeye22
10-15-2012, 08:15 PM
I can't stand the big payroll of the Yankees, I don't like anything from Michigan, I don't like tree hugging limp wristed San Fran, and can't stand Cardinals fans since i live in Missouri. Talk about a big bummer. When the Nats lost I was extremely ticked! It was like someone said the Postseason was cancelled or another strike happened.

Ironman92
10-15-2012, 08:37 PM
This Cardinals/Giants series has the makings to be great....and the teams are getting chippy

10-16-2012, 01:23 AM
Agree very much a snoozefest now. For me, it's mostly that the two teams I care about, who had the best two records in baseball, both collapsed. Then the tedium of the usual suspects from prior years in all four spots.

Yankees are toast but, as much as I delight in seeing them get elminated, I can't feel that way about Jeter and it's a shame what happened to him. Will only hasten their demise.

vin19
10-16-2012, 03:03 AM
What I don't like is the fact that we are looking at most likley the tigers and cardinals in the world series. and both teams only had 88 wins while their was 10 other teams that had a better record than them but THEY get to face eachother for the championship. what I hate about the playoffs.the best record teams never win it all

TSJ55
10-16-2012, 06:32 AM
As a long time fan I have seen the irony that is baseball...with them hitting SO bad and Jeter out and Verlander starting, there is NO rational reason for anyone to expext NY to win. Ergo: they win.

As to the wager, I would have to get the Vegas odds, in Crafts.;)

I completely understand where you're coming from with the NYY magic. I just think R. Ibanez has used their last potion for 2012.

I've got Tigers opening up at -185. I'm in L'ville KY and the beer selection here is pretty vast so you just let me know. Also, I obviously mis-typed in my original post. The loser would ship a sixer to the winner. Not the other way around as I had it. :beerme:

WDE
10-16-2012, 07:44 AM
I agree with you. Plus I have a lot to do this week, so I'm not going to be watching any baseball.

Rock of Truth
10-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Book this: the Yanks will ROCK the guy and win easy.;)

1 Run, 3 Hits in 8 innings of work. The only time he got rocked last night was by Kate Upton. :eek: