PDA

View Full Version : Stay Classy....

foxfire123
10-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Cardinals fans.... :thumbdown:

What I received in today's mail:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w202/foxfirefarm321/100_1594.jpg

Notice they didn't have the cojones to *sign their name*.

Childish nonsense. And people wonder WHY I hate living here in Hell, and I'm counting days until I can come home to Ohio?????

Salukifan2
10-16-2012, 05:20 PM
That would happen in any city

foxfire123
10-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Spoken like a true Cardinals fan. *I* don't pull this garbage on Cards fans, I have more class, compassion and sportsmanship than whoever sent this crap.

I would also have the cojones to sign my name to it if I did. Unlike some, I take responsibility for my actions.

HometownHero
10-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Cards fans are the worsts, its why their team is so hated universally in baseball.

texasdave
10-16-2012, 05:47 PM
That would happen in any city

I've never heard of it happening. And if you look around do you see Houston fans, or Brewers' fans or really fans from any other team trolling here? Only Cardinals' fans seem to delight in trolling.

Salukifan2
10-16-2012, 05:54 PM
So you live in Missouri and got this in the mail. Have you not made any friends in Missouri who are cardinal fans and are just messing with you? Have you thought that perhaps someone did this to you because they just don't like you and they know this would piss you off? The reason people troll you is because they get this reaction. Everything all of you have just said validates doing it in that persons mind.

I have told, trolling cardinal fans, off on here before. But when you you guys always get so pissed off they laugh at you. You get pissed at the trolls but you always take the bait. I'm beginning to wonder if you guys no how trolling work.

MrRedLegger
10-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Send an envelope of flour or powdered sugar back to the return address

foxfire123
10-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Send an envelope of flour or powdered sugar back to the return address

Lke I said, they couldn't be bothered to own up to sending it--no name, no return address, not even a postmark.

And if it were a friend, they'd admit to it. And a real friend wouldn't do this since they know how I'm feeling right now.

redsfan80
10-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Seriously though, you cannot judge an entire fan base off of 1 person sending something through the mail. Nor can you if you know 20 people who are jerks of a particular team.

The Cardinals are actually one of the most beloved teams in the country. (I travel the country for my job...) Yankee fans and Boston fans are the rudest I have encountered.

I am a Reds fan...but I have encountered some really mean and rude things Reds fans have done. Doesn't mean Reds fans are jerks...it just means those people I saw do those things are individually jerks. Every team has them.

HometownHero
10-16-2012, 11:43 PM
The Cardinals are actually one of the most beloved teams in the country.

Say what? Everyone hates the Cards!

foxfire123
10-16-2012, 11:54 PM
Seriously though, you cannot judge an entire fan base off of 1 person sending something through the mail. Nor can you if you know 20 people who are jerks of a particular team.

The Cardinals are actually one of the most beloved teams in the country. (I travel the country for my job...) Yankee fans and Boston fans are the rudest I have encountered.

Try living amongst them. Long term exposure would change your opinion.

redsfan80
10-17-2012, 12:01 AM
A lot of people living amongst us (Reds fans) dislike the Cardinals right now, yes. But it's' really only because they have consistently gone to the playoffs and had good teams. Around the country, there are a lot of Cardinal fans. Sure, there are those who dislike them simply for the reason they win a lot, but I don't remember where, I saw once a research thing does by Baseball America about how many fans are where in each part of the country, there were more Cardinal fans than any other National League team. (That was about 3 years ago I think.)

foxfire123
10-17-2012, 12:10 AM
We're just going to have to agree to disagree Redsfan80.

redsfan80
10-17-2012, 12:14 AM
Which is fine.

But just because we live in an area where most people hate the Cardinals, does not mean the rest of the country does as well. (I think our emotions just want everyone to hate the Cardinals.)

There's only one statistical proof on our discussion that I've seen at least, and that's what I was stating...there are many Cardinal fans out there. And American League teams tend to root for the Cardinals on the National League side because they appear to not have a major market, which is appealing, yet they approach their organization is a very logical way.

HometownHero
10-17-2012, 12:25 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/them-crooked-vultures-why-baseball-world-t-happy-215647835--mlb.html

The reason people hate the Cards isn't their success its how they get their success, how their fans react to it and how the think they invented the game.

dubc47834
10-17-2012, 07:42 AM
So you live in Missouri and got this in the mail. Have you not made any friends in Missouri who are cardinal fans and are just messing with you? Have you thought that perhaps someone did this to you because they just don't like you and they know this would piss you off? The reason people troll you is because they get this reaction. Everything all of you have just said validates doing it in that persons mind.

I have told, trolling cardinal fans, off on here before. But when you you guys always get so pissed off they laugh at you. You get pissed at the trolls but you always take the bait. I'm beginning to wonder if you guys no how trolling work.

THIS...I think its kinda funny. You're taking yourself and all of this waaaaay too serious man!!!

Kcbuckeye22
10-17-2012, 08:01 AM
I live in Missouri and received a couple sympathy cards and news papers as well. I'm in the army reserve and had drill all week last week and this past weekend. My soldiers thought it was pretty funny, but after the second day of harassment they started getting push ups. Cards fans come outta the wood work when they know they can stab a knife in you.

Classy? Not really. Humble? Not so much.

foxfire123
10-17-2012, 09:21 PM
I live in Missouri and received a couple sympathy cards and news papers as well. I'm in the army reserve and had drill all week last week and this past weekend. My soldiers thought it was pretty funny, but after the second day of harassment they started getting push ups. Cards fans come outta the wood work when they know they can stab a knife in you.

Classy? Not really. Humble? Not so much.

*snerk!* Gotta love paybacks! Trust me, a few special things are planned if I ever find out for sure who sent this. :thumbup:

bengalsown
10-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Lke I said, they couldn't be bothered to own up to sending it--no name, no return address, not even a postmark.

And if it were a friend, they'd admit to it. And a real friend wouldn't do this since they know how I'm feeling right now.

http://blogs.southtownstar.com/money/tissue-box-300x251.jpg

cw0802
10-19-2012, 01:23 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/them-crooked-vultures-why-baseball-world-t-happy-215647835--mlb.html

The reason people hate the Cards isn't their success its how they get their success, how their fans react to it and how the think they invented the game.

So you say the reason people hate the Cards isn't because of their success but then post an article about how people hate the Cards because of their success.

Yeah...i get it. The Cardinals didn't have the best record in the regular season. How many years does a team with the best record in the game win the whole thing? Just how often does a team with the best record in the game make the finals?

Is there some luck? Sure. Does their hustle and hard work allow them to take advantage of those lucky breaks? Sure. Couple that with some talented vets and talented young guys...it makes for a dangerous ball club.

cw0802
10-19-2012, 01:32 PM
*snerk!* Gotta love paybacks! Trust me, a few special things are planned if I ever find out for sure who sent this. :thumbup:

I usually like to put saran wrap over the toilet bowl, then put the seat down.

HometownHero
10-19-2012, 05:35 PM
So you say the reason people hate the Cards isn't because of their success but then post an article about how people hate the Cards because of their success.

A Cardinals fan wrote the original story, but his reasoning behind why so many people who follow the Cardinals are wrong. If the Cards won year after year as a small market team with great team after great team people would be far more happy for them.

But the fact for the last 7 years they have caught almost ever break along the lines to get in a win these game people think its ridiculous, then people like you and other who troll here and for the most part Will Leitch in this piece are too close to the situation to really see how lucky the Cards have really been these last 7 years. When virtually every person out there watching not a Cards fan is talking about how lucky they are then Cards fans are looking to boast and refuse to admit just how lucky they have been it turns off the nation even more.

Every single team in the majors have fringe big league players who rarely even do anything to help the team win vs teams like Houston while the Cards have a never ending supply of them doing it in the playoffs the last few years and they all are coming off some amazing ways to make the playoffs. They somehow won a 6 team division with 83 wins, they needed the Braves to lose 10 of 30 to get in on the last day and then needed the 2nd WC to get into the playoffs. As of right now no other team has even made the playoffs due to the 2nd WC since the AL Wild Card game was going to be played as a 163 with the winner getting in under the old rules.

Nobody called the MV3 era lucky.

Earlier in the week I searched about Cards luck on twitter and came up with this funny tweet from a Missouri sports fan, others must fell the same way with his 70+ RT.

Dear God- can you please share some of that massive good luck you give the Cardinals with the Chiefs, Rams, Royals, Blues, and Tigers?
https://twitter.com/Mizzou2SEC/status/257599668073152512

foxfire123
10-19-2012, 05:47 PM
I have been saying for years that the Cardinals have all sold their souls to the devil. *Something* has to explain the breaks they always seem to get.

Ace-king
10-19-2012, 07:24 PM
You honestly believe that?

Over all the years, it's the "breaks" that account for their success?

Maybe you could be specific - and then go on to show that ONLY they have these kind of "breaks" - and that they don't occur with other teams.

Cards won the season series vs the Reds - that too was decided by "breaks"?

HometownHero
10-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Cards won the season series vs the Reds - that too was decided by "breaks"?

It was tied going into the final series of the year when the Reds had everything locked up and pulled all the starters early in each game before 80 pitches.

Ace-king
10-21-2012, 05:52 PM
No argument on that.

But the OP's post claiming they (Cards) get ALL the breaks - defies credibility and reality.

Reds had a helluva season and DESERVED to win the Division. Not sure whether today - with Cards having taken care of their bullpen problems, and Votto's power handicapped by his knee - that the Reds would beat them head on.

Are you?

texasdave
10-22-2012, 12:15 AM
No argument on that.

But the OP's post claiming they (Cards) get ALL the breaks - defies credibility and reality.

Reds had a helluva season and DESERVED to win the Division. Not sure whether today - with Cards having taken care of their bullpen problems, and Votto's power handicapped by his knee - that the Reds would beat them head on.

Are you?

Yes.

Mutaman
10-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Yes.

Depends on whether JC is ready to go.

Salukifan2
10-22-2012, 12:46 AM
its a newspaper and a condolence card. Congrats on over reacting.

MBZags
10-22-2012, 12:54 AM
I think this thread has run its course.