PDA

View Full Version : Scott Torgenson suspension

cincrazy
10-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Anyone else around here listen to Common Man and The Torg on 97.1 The Fan out of Columbus? Scott Torgenson was suspended indefinitely for saying in a tweet that he hoped Desmond Howard would get fired or die.

Herbie ripped him on air, and I think it's justified. Just a stupid thing to say, whether he meant it or not. I listen to the show quite a bit, and enjoy it, but also realize that those guys cross the line. Sadly, I think the only reason he's been suspended is because of the clout Kirk Herbstreit carries at the station. They've made similar awful comments regarding some things with the Penn State saga that I thought were too much.

5TimeWSChamps
10-17-2012, 07:52 AM
Haha, I love the Torg. Actually took shots with him at a Crew match earlier this year. He started his undergrad at U of M actually

sonny
10-18-2012, 10:11 AM
Hopefully this will get the wheels turning of getting the common man and the Torg off the air. Their shtick is so frat boyish and tired. Maybe it because I'm getting older, but I want some local radio to just report the local and national news to me without making it a goofy mess. Go to fox sports radio of you want to do that.

redsfan30
10-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Next stop.....the Citgo?

I love the Common Man and the Torg.

improbus
10-19-2012, 07:39 PM
They are the definition if local sports radio. They are petty. As soon as a guest is off the air, they talk badly about them.

improbus
10-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Torgerson got fired.

sonny
10-24-2012, 08:08 PM
You can follow him now at @citgotorg

He'll catch on somewhere else, just hopefully not Columbus.

Reds Freak
10-24-2012, 09:07 PM
From some common acquaintances, I'm told Scott Torgerson is a good guy. However, the Common Man and the Torg was one of the worst radio shows I've ever heard in my life. I got so turned off from listening to that show, I haven't listened to talk radio since I moved from Columbus...

smith288
10-25-2012, 05:52 PM

Sonny, your dislike of him is bordering on odd. If you want boring radio, listen to NPR.

sonny
10-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Sonny, your dislike of him is bordering on odd. If you want boring radio, listen to NPR.

How is a personal opinion odd?

I didn't like his antics, his style or his delivery. It's unfortunate that he got himself fired, but his cute little persona found himself at the Citgo.

Also, it should be mentioned that Ricordati has become way more listenable without the Torg.

cincrazy
10-28-2012, 06:36 PM

That's not a legitimate Twitter account.