PDA

View Full Version : 1st Good Thing to Happen This Post-Season

10-18-2012, 09:10 PM
the yankees being unceremoniously booted out is the first time I've been able to celebrate (however mildly) since this postseason begin. despite the fact that the yanks made it farther than we did this year, it's not even close looking to next year. our future is bright and brighter.

i suppose i'll have to root for the Tigers now (particularly if they face the Cards) if only because a) they're not the yankees and b) they are the first to sweep NY since we did it in '76.

Red Raindog
10-18-2012, 10:43 PM
the yankees being unceremoniously booted out is the first time I've been able to celebrate (however mildly) since this postseason begin. despite the fact that the yanks made it farther than we did this year, it's not even close looking to next year. our future is bright and brighter.

i suppose i'll have to root for the Tigers now (particularly if they face the Cards) if only because a) they're not the yankees and b) they are the first to sweep NY since we did it in '76.

Yup -- I danced my jig

40YrRedsFan
10-18-2012, 11:01 PM
They went to the same hitting schools the Red's did. HR's or die....and they did just like we did!

webbbj
10-18-2012, 11:48 PM
i was rooting for the yankees.

joshua
10-19-2012, 11:54 AM
The Yankees look like they will be in baaaaaad shape with all these old guys locked up for another five years. I'll enjoy watching the Yankees and Red Sox do poorly the next few years. Now if only the Cardinals would stop being good.

I would love for the Angels, A's, Orioles, Reds and even the Pirates to take over baseball for the next decade.

10-20-2012, 01:20 AM
The Yankees look like they will be in baaaaaad shape with all these old guys locked up for another five years. I'll enjoy watching the Yankees and Red Sox do poorly the next few years. Now if only the Cardinals would stop being good.

I would love for the Angels, A's, Orioles, Reds and even the Pirates to take over baseball for the next decade.

Nats?