PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think is the most ENTERTAINING/MULTI DIMENSIONAL Personality Wise in MLB?

RedTruck
10-22-2012, 11:29 PM
So...who do you think is one the most entertaining characters in MLB?

An example of someone who WOULD NOT be on this list is someone like Joey Votto, or Scott Rolen-players who are reserved and keep to themselves/who are very quiet as opposed to the RAW-RAW type of character

Also this isn't just secluded to players. You can have coaches/managers, gm's, fans, etc. Just something that is very entertaining/multi dimensional personality wise in the human aspect in all of MLB.

So to extend that farther, Yankee fans would not be on this list since there very tame, if not boring in a playoff atmosphere like the ALDS (they don't even have ralley towles lol)

I have a short list of guys/aspects that I personally like:

1. Brandon Phillips-I really like his DatDudeBP moniker, and I love his smile and exuberant flashy personality.

2. Brian Wilson-Saying he's "weird" puts it lightly. A gimp lives in his home, yes a gimp that he names "THE MACHINE" Go to 40 Seconds in the video (Video: Brian Wilson - Cheap Seats Interview - "The Machine" Revealed - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrkSElfm7Lk) )

He has a beard the size of a rabbi. He likes to paint his finger nails, and he has extremely weird hairstyles. He's very RAW-RAW in the dugout and really likes to push his team mates. Definitely one of the most colorful personalities in all of baseball

3. Hunter Pence-Everything about him screams AKWARD. But he has this youthful esque energy when he takes the field thats hard to describe. He drinks gatorade and proudly thumps his chest like he just reached the apex of Mt. Everest. He's weird, but the cool kind of weird.

4. Oakland A's fans: http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/15/52/04/3580202/3/628x471.jpg

That picture should be enough to understand why I picked the A's. They seem like fans who have never attended to a baseball game. Honestly, when watching the A's in the playoffs there fans were more akin to some Raider fans. There obviously clueless, and they like to dressup in power ranger costumes, and just look weird. But they are probably one of the entertaining things in all of MLB, if not THE most entertaining thing in baseball today.

BluegrassRedleg
10-23-2012, 01:09 AM
Brian Wilson does nothing for me. Trying that hard to be an oddball... his 15 minutes were up a long time ago. I do like Pence, though. He's a naturally unusual athlete. Seems to come by it honestly. That team has a bunch of interesting players: Sandoval, a guy whose parents decided to blend "Angel" with "Pagan," Mitch Kramer, etc. I guess that's the perfect crew for an eclectic place like San Fran.

HometownHero
10-23-2012, 01:13 AM
Wilson is the most eccentric personality out there as he's always on 24/7

RedTruck
10-23-2012, 01:14 AM
Brian Wilson does nothing for me. Trying that hard to be an oddball... his 15 minutes were up a long time ago. I do like Pence, though. He's a naturally unusual athlete. Seems to come by it honestly. That team has a bunch of interesting players: Sandoval, a guy whose parents decided to blend "Angel" with "Pagan," Mitch Kramer, etc. I guess that's the perfect crew for an eclectic place like San Fran.

Eh, I don't think he's trying to be anything. He's just weird, and shows it more blatantly than others.

BluegrassRedleg
10-23-2012, 02:38 AM
I'm just glad his beard is moving on and not the weird beard-fondling Big Mac.

TSJ55
10-23-2012, 07:38 AM
I like B. Wilson too. "The Machine" bit was obviously planned and pretty funny. See the Nick Cage movie "8 millimeter" for the reference if you haven't already.

BungleBengals
10-23-2012, 10:39 AM
While I agree that BP is definitely that guy. I just hope he doesn't become like Chad Johnson/Ochocinco/Johnson. He definitely has the work ethic and intelligence to not let the ego and twitter overtake his talent, but you never know.

Also, another name I would like to put out there is Ozzie Guillen. It is pretty entertaining to see some of the stuff he says and does.

VPI97
10-24-2012, 11:24 AM

Regarding Pence, someone on this board put it best a while back in that he's the guy in high school who wore an Army surplus jacket to school every day. I think that's the perfect description of him.

I like Wilson, but yes, it seems like he's trying too much.

alett12
10-25-2012, 11:09 AM
1. Brandon Phillips, no one can deny it
2. Andrew McCutchen, His handshakes are awesome
3. Ozzie Gullien
4. Brian Wilson's Beard, Just the beard not wilson

dubc47834
10-25-2012, 12:57 PM
Everyone has forgot about the biggest one I think........T-Plush....LOL

texasdave
10-25-2012, 02:09 PM
If Brandon Phillips is the most entertaining player in baseball, then baseball is in a sad state of affairs. Living in Houston, I don't think that I have ever heard Brandon Phillips' name brought up on talk radio outside of "The Fight".
Most entertaining player in Cincinnati? Maybe. Nationally, no way.

Blood Red Path
10-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Just to show a little love to a former Red...

Ryan Dempster definitely deserves a spot near the top of this conversation.

MoneyInTheBank
10-27-2012, 07:14 PM
1. Brandon Phillips - Always engages his fans in public and on Twitter and I don't think anyone has more fun playing baseball than BP
2. Brandon McCarthy - If you have Twitter and don't follow him, do it. He's also done a few guest columns on SI.com. Funny guy
3. C.J. Wilson - He's always into something new
4. Derek Holland - He's not my cup of tea, but is a fun and engaging guy
5. Brian Wilson - He doesn't do much for me, but is certainly a personality

Ironman92
10-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Sergio Romo is awesome.