PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye birdies.......

smixsell
10-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Sweet! :-)

Spider Tre
10-22-2012, 11:47 PM
:party::jump::beerme::party::jump::beerme:

Ironman92
10-22-2012, 11:52 PM

ProfessorTofty
10-22-2012, 11:57 PM
Scutaro .500 average in the NLCS. Astounding.

BluegrassRedleg
10-23-2012, 12:03 AM
It's a great day to be alive. Lucifer's All-Stars finally ran out of soul-selling power down on the Crossroads.

Hats off, Giants. :beerme:

HometownHero
10-23-2012, 12:08 AM
From champagne to complain! Cards fans are already crying about the Giants celebrating.

redlegs2370
10-23-2012, 12:11 AM
The Wicked Witch of the NL Central is Dead! Glad to see the Reds aren't the only team to lose 3 in a row to the Giants!

MBZags
10-23-2012, 12:17 AM
LULZ!

That pretty much describes my feelings on this.

Let's try to keep it in one thread, though.

MrRedLegger
10-23-2012, 12:20 AM
The St. Louis Voldemorts have been defeated!

HometownHero
10-23-2012, 02:05 AM
Only Cards fans...

http://deadspin.com/5954046/3-words-fire-mike-matheny-the-best-fans-in-baseball-are-having-a-major-meltdown

EMAW
10-23-2012, 02:18 AM
Homophobic and racist, tremendous place for haters

goreds2
10-23-2012, 06:23 AM
Van Halen - Happy Trails - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFhHbt0tca8)

TomTom
10-23-2012, 09:04 AM
Only Cards fans...

http://deadspin.com/5954046/3-words-fire-mike-matheny-the-best-fans-in-baseball-are-having-a-major-meltdown

I'd leave it to a bitter Reds fan to pick out the minority of negative tweets to assume all Cardinal fans were negative about the series. When in fact Cardinal Nation had #12in13 treding just an hour after the loss. If that doesn't show through the best fans in baseball I don't know what does.

Either way it was another more successful season than the Reds had.

BungleBengals
10-23-2012, 09:21 AM
I'd leave it to a bitter Reds fan to pick out the minority of negative tweets to assume all Cardinal fans were negative about the series. When in fact Cardinal Nation had #12in13 treding just an hour after the loss. If that doesn't show through the best fans in baseball I don't know what does.

Reds 97-65 (1 win shy of best MLB)
Cardinals 88-74 (clinched on last day of the season)

Postseason:
Reds: lose number one starting pitcher in 1st inning. But win first 2 games, but lose to the resilient Giants the next 3. However all games were somewhat close and Game 4 had Leake as SP for injured Cueto.

Cardinals: make the postseason by first year expansion rule. Win WC play in on controversial 225 ft Infield Fly Rule. Beat the Nats in 5 games. Beat the Giants in 3 out of 4 games, but then score 1 run the next 3 games and miss the WS.

I would say yes the Cardinals did make it further, but saying they were more successful is debatable.

Oh, and by saying you guys have the best fans as an excuse for your team being better is laughable.

HometownHero
10-23-2012, 09:24 AM

No it wasn't, nobody gives a damn about the teams who loses the LCS.

The Reds for the next 11+ months will be called the defending National League central division champions and will be known as a Division Champion for the rest of baseball history while the Cards became a footnote to the Giants NL pennant and will be forgotten as quick as the other LCS losers.

95-80 .543 for the Cards
99-68 .593 for the Reds

smixsell
10-23-2012, 10:27 AM

Only in your dreams. :laugh: Nice epic collapse WLBs! Outscored 20-1 in games 5-6-7. :laugh:

Go run home to mommy.:)

TomTom
10-23-2012, 11:31 AM
No it wasn't, nobody gives a damn about the teams who loses the LCS.

The Reds for the next 11+ months will be called the defending National League central division champions and will be known as a Division Champion for the rest of baseball history while the Cards became a footnote to the Giants NL pennant and will be forgotten as quick as the other LCS losers.

You can post stats and whatever you would like about how the Reds were the better team in the regular season. But in the end noone cares about the regular season, it doesn't matter if you can't make it out of the NLDS.

Farther in the playoffs=more success
What your saying is that you would be more happy with a 162-0 Reds team that loses in the NLDS every year to a .500 Cardinals team that wins the World Series every year.

Noone cares about your regular season succes if your team can't play when it matters.

bounty37h
10-23-2012, 11:34 AM

And I leave it to Cards fans to still be trolling other teams boards after you lose. I dont even know what the birds sites are, let alone care enough to visit or troll them. Kind of pathetic.

TomTom
10-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Reds 97-65 (1 win shy of best MLB)
Cardinals 88-74 (clinched on last day of the season)

Oh, and by saying you guys have the best fans as an excuse for your team being better is laughable.

Farther in the playoffs= more success

I also never made the connction between our #1 fans and team succes. You can make that comparison if you'd like, but it didn't come from me.

smixsell
10-23-2012, 01:39 PM
And I leave it to Cards fans to still be trolling other teams boards after you lose. I dont even know what the birds sites are, let alone care enough to visit or troll them. Kind of pathetic.

Spot on. It's priceless as well as pathetic. :)

Falcon7
10-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Homophobic and racist, tremendous place for haters

^ Yea, and sadly this entire nation is full of them, no matter what baseball team they root for.

RedsBrick
10-23-2012, 02:49 PM

^^^^^This!

nismoredlegs
10-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Tomtom...find your way back to your forum.

Its funny...for giggles I watched the game 7 thread on cardsclubhouse...constant complaining about scutaro celebrating, complaining about the 9th inning rain, calling the giants success all luck. If its all luck then count your 2011 and 2012 redbirds as all luck too. Sore winners and losers. Its funny to hear the fans say its too hard to watch the world series. Or they refuse to watch anymore baseball. You call that being a baseball fan?!

Doesnt matter whether you lose in NLDS or NLCS. Still no pennant.

Tomtom ill take division champs losing in playoffs all day over 2nd wild card losing in playoffs all day. Your world series every year comparison is moot cause you still lost.

JayStubbs
10-23-2012, 04:37 PM

First, find tweets or message board posts by Reds fans that were homophobic and racist and post them here if you think they exist. And there were pages and pages of Cardinal tweets that were just as bad as the ones in the Deadline article, these were not just a few that were cherry picked.

Second, I guarantee you people can better name the division winners year by year than they can name who lost in the NLCS.

The post season matters more in Football, Basketball and Hockey, which is why they are secondary sports. Baseball is a real man's sport, which is played for six months, 162 games to decide who the winners are. In Baseball, the regular season still matters, and it's why it's the greatest sport in the world.

Salukifan2
10-23-2012, 04:48 PM
The post season matters more in Football, Basketball and Hockey, which is why they are secondary sports. Baseball is a real man's sport, which is played for six months, 162 games to decide who the winners are. In Baseball, the regular season still matters, and it's why it's the greatest sport in the world.[/QUOTE]

Amen!

HometownHero
10-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Lance Berkman calls Pence's broken bat hit illegal....

http://nbcbayarea.csnbayarea.com/10/23/12/Hunter-Pences-triple-hit-sparks-rules-de/nbcbay_landing.html?blockID=792391&feedID=10152

He's only been there for 2 years but has fully embraced the Cards crying style of losing.

goreds2
10-23-2012, 08:49 PM
The best thing about all of this is that no Cardinal will be managing the All-Star game next year to keep deserving Reds off the team. :thumbup:

:phillips:

redsman55
10-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Can't say I'm upset about the Cardinals loosing. Should have been the Reds and the Nats in the NLCS, but that's baseball. But the Reds gave us an amazing summer.

Salukifan2
10-23-2012, 09:05 PM
The best thing about all of this is that no Cardinal will be managing the All-Star game next year to keep deserving Reds off the team. :thumbup:

:phillips:

In regards to Johnny Cueto, Jason Larue was a great catcher and an even better guy, but i don't have to tell you guys that because you saw him play first hand for almost a decade. And Cueto ended his career by kicking him in the face like a pu$$y when all he was trying to do was break up the fight.

I wish LaRussa said he kept Cueto off the all-star team because he ended LaRue's career. Say what you will about Chris Carpenter, but at least he didn't fight like some chick in stilettos. If Tony kept Cueto off the team because of what he did to LaRue, it's the only admirable thing he's ever done. But it was a small amount of justice.

I totally agree about Phillips though. He deserved to be on the team.

goreds2
10-23-2012, 10:06 PM
In regards to Johnny Cueto, Jason Larue was a great catcher and an even better guy, but i don't have to tell you guys that because you saw him play first hand for almost a decade. And Cueto ended his career by kicking him in the face like a pu$$y when all he was trying to do was break up the fight.

I wish LaRussa said he kept Cueto off the all-star team because he ended LaRue's career. Say what you will about Chris Carpenter, but at least he didn't fight like some chick in stilettos. If Tony kept Cueto off the team because of what he did to LaRue, it's the only admirable thing he's ever done. But it was a small amount of justice.

I totally agree about Phillips though. He deserved to be on the team. When you are in the middle of a fight whether you are trying to break it up or not, you take a risk of getting hurt. I guess you have never been in a fight.

What if you had a circle of 50 people charging at you up against a fence. It was his first reaction. It may have been the wrong thing to do but he may have been in panic mood.

Cardinals vs reds brawl - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWiLjgmvPhg&feature=related)

foxfire123
10-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Cheese and rice... :rolleyes: Do you Cardinals fans EVER drop anything?

foxfire123
10-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Say what you will about Chris Carpenter, but at least he didn't fight like some chick in stilettos.

Nope, he just *HAD* to run his mouth when the fight was breaking up and get Round 2 started, which caused the crush and infamous "kick". So Carpenter shares blame here IMO.

Salukifan2
10-23-2012, 10:37 PM
When you are in the middle of a fight whether you are trying to break it up or not, you take a risk of getting hurt. I guess you have never been in a fight.

What if you had a circle of 50 people charging at you up against a fence. It was his first reaction. It may have been the wrong thing to do but he may have been in panic mood.

Cardinals vs reds brawl - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWiLjgmvPhg&feature=related)

He had team mates all around him. And if he shouldn't have got in the middle of it either. I'm sorry, but that was low. No matter how you look at it Johnny Cueto was the one who ended his career. plain and simple. Just like you guys hate carpenter we, the cardinals will always hate Cueto. I can't believe all of you threw LaRue, a very god player for you under the bus like that. Hilarious!

JayStubbs
10-23-2012, 10:44 PM

I totally agree about Phillips though. He deserved to be on the team.

Jason LaRue's career ended in 2007. He has a .587 OPS after thet. The kick in the head just knocked enough sense into him to make him realize that he hadn't been a major league ball player for the previous four years. ;)

But seriously, what a Cueto did was wrong, and he deserved to be punished for it. He was, he was suspended. LaRussa taking his own justice out on Johnny who had already served his time, was the $&@@% move. Totally bush league, like pretty much everything else LaRussa did as a Cardinal.

Salukifan2
10-23-2012, 11:27 PM
Yeah it's a LaRussa and CArpenter's fault and LaRue shouldn't have gotten in the way of Cueto's foot. The St. Louis cardinals organization is really about undermining the reds.

texasdave
10-24-2012, 12:17 AM
Can we drop this nonsense, please? Neither side is going to convince the other. This horse has been beaten to death between Reds' fans and Cardinals' fans. I don't foresee anyone changing their minds now.

TomTom
10-24-2012, 10:56 AM
The St. Louis cardinals organization is really about undermining the reds.

Let's get something straight here, the Reds do not have a "rivalry" with the Cardinals. The Reds are third in line after the Cubs and Royals in terms of being close to any kind of rivalry. Cardinals Nation views the Reds as more of the "Red" headed stepchild just above the level at which we care about the Houston Astros.

KYRedLeg
10-24-2012, 11:33 AM
Cardinals Nation views the Reds as more of the "Red" headed stepchild just above the level at which we care about the Houston Astros.

Maybe you should care a little more about the team that just won your division?

arkimadee
10-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Let's get something straight here, the Reds do not have a "rivalry" with the Cardinals. The Reds are third in line after the Cubs and Royals in terms of being close to any kind of rivalry. Cardinals Nation views the Reds as more of the "Red" headed stepchild just above the level at which we care about the Houston Astros.

Face it TomTom the Reds are in the Cards fans heads. We are much more to you than a little Red headed stepchild. How often have you been going over to Royals and Cubs boards in the last few months. If so there really isn't much to talk about. I've been on your boards and your fans talk about the Reds more than there own team almost. So you can spill all this Red bird crap over here but don't try to tell me that you see the Cubs and Royals as bigger rivals right now.

Salukifan2
10-24-2012, 11:46 AM
And what forum would that be? because i haven't seen it.

cw0802
10-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Only Cards fans...

Want me to go through this forum and post the multiple "Fire Dusty" threads after a single game in the middle of June? No fanbase has EVER had a kneejerk reaction to a bad loss!?

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96213&highlight=fire+dusty

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89541&highlight=fire+dusty

The majority of the people I talk to all say the same thing, rookie manager, rookie SS got exposed, starting pitching wasn't good, poor fundamentals, and an offense that went cold at the wrong time. Couple all that outstanding pitching, timely hitting and the Giants taking full advantage of the Cards mistakes leads to the Cards dropping a 3-1 lead. Yup, they choked it up good.

The single turning point was in game 5. Bases loaded, 1 out...Lance Lynn grounds into a double play. After that, the Cards may have just went home cause they were done.

I won't make excuses, the Cardinals poo'd the bed and the Giants put a major whoopin' on them.

arkimadee
10-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Want me to go through this forum and post the multiple "Fire Dusty" threads after a single game in the middle of June? No fanbase has EVER had a kneejerk reaction to a bad loss!?

The majority of the people I talk to all say the same thing, rookie manager, rookie SS got exposed, starting pitching wasn't good, poor fundamentals, and an offense that went cold at the wrong time. Couple all that outstanding pitching, timely hitting and the Giants taking full advantage of the Cards mistakes leads to the Cards dropping a 3-1 lead. Yup, they choked it up good.

The single turning point was in game 5. Bases loaded, 1 out...Lance Lynn grounds into a double play. After that, the Cards may have just went home cause they were done.

I won't make excuses, the Cardinals poo'd the bed and the Giants put a major whoopin' on them.

I'm not taking the time to look it up because I have better things to do but I'm pretty sure last year I saw Fire tony LaRussa after mid June losses and the same thing this year with Matheney. Quit acting like you all are not a knee jerk reaction fan base

cw0802
10-24-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm not taking the time to look it up because I have better things to do but I'm pretty sure last year I saw Fire tony LaRussa after mid June losses and the same thing this year with Matheney. Quit acting like you all are not a knee jerk reaction fan base

EVERY fanbase has knee jerk reactions, or did you miss the part where i said that?

bounty37h
10-24-2012, 02:34 PM

And yet you still troll our board. Sounds like a rival to me. Must really be a loser to troll someone who is not even a rival. Do you troll the Astros site since we are "just above" them?

HometownHero
10-24-2012, 03:39 PM
The Saddest Little Cardinal: We were supposed to win not lose! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxsdPUHbU1I&feature=g-hist)

cw0802
10-24-2012, 03:39 PM
And yet you still troll our board. Sounds like a rival to me. Must really be a loser to troll someone who is not even a rival. Do you troll the Astros site since we are "just above" them?

There is absolutely a rivalry right now between the Reds and Cards. Would there be less heat had the 2010 scuffle not happen? Yes. But it is what it is.

cw0802
10-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Face it TomTom the Reds are in the Cards fans heads. We are much more to you than a little Red headed stepchild. How often have you been going over to Royals and Cubs boards in the last few months. If so there really isn't much to talk about. I've been on your boards and your fans talk about the Reds more than there own team almost. So you can spill all this Red bird crap over here but don't try to tell me that you see the Cubs and Royals as bigger rivals right now.

I'll agree with this more than what TomTom said. The Cards fans keep their eye on the Reds more than ever. The 2010 fight has a general disliking of the Reds, add in that you have our former GM, many former players and a manager who, while respected, has rubbed the Cardinals the wrong way. I would say the Reds are in the minds of the Cardinal fans.

MBZags
10-24-2012, 04:23 PM

Sure, knee jerk reactions happen, but there's a huge difference between wanting someone fired and some of the comments posted in the Deadspin article. I'm sure some Reds fans made similar comments on Twitter when they exited the playoffs, but that doesn't make the comments any more justifiable.

cw0802
10-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Sure, knee jerk reactions happen, but there's a huge difference between wanting someone fired and some of the comments posted in the Deadspin article. I'm sure some Reds fans made similar comments on Twitter when they exited the playoffs, but that doesn't make the comments any more justifiable.

Eh...i wasn't trying to justify them...more or less saying that it happens all the time.

Unless the manager does some absolutely insane stuff...i think it's kind of dumb to say he should be fired after one season...especially when it's his first year.

MBZags
10-24-2012, 05:09 PM
Eh...i wasn't trying to justify them...more or less saying that it happens all the time.

Eh...I didn't say you did. But those comments are incomparable to the Fire Dusty posts.

cw0802
10-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Eh...I didn't say you did. But those comments are incomparable to the Fire Dusty posts.

I agree.

Serious question. Ribs...or Steak?

Red Buckeye
10-24-2012, 05:59 PM
As far as who had the most successful season, while it's certainly debatable I would have to go with the Reds.

Yes, the Cardinals made it farther in the playoffs. But they didn't win the NL pennant, and so when you look at the facts that the Reds actually won a title this season and the Cardinals didn't win any title at all, plus the overall record goes to the Reds, the Reds had the more successful season.

But only by 1 game. If the Cards wouldn't have choked (much like our Reds) in the playoffs then I would say winning the NL Pennant is better than the division.

But the Cards didn't win any title whatsoever this year, and the Reds did.

I will say this about St.Louis...They have guts. It was amazing what they did against Washington and I must admit I was very worried my worst feard would become true and St.Louis would have a better season than the Reds.

Thankfully they did not.

nismoredlegs
10-24-2012, 06:28 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20121024&content_id=40012736&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Why is that 4th name on the list? Why is his opinion important? Is he becoming an analyst? Also, note his half minded unsure prediction on how many games it takes.

This and the illegal hit comment lead me to believe he's desperate for attention.

Salukifan2
10-24-2012, 06:43 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20121024&content_id=40012736&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Why is that 4th name on the list? Why is his opinion important? Is he becoming an analyst? Also, note his half minded unsure prediction on how many games it takes.

This and the illegal hit comment lead me to believe he's desperate for attention.

Probably because he's one of the top five greatest switch hitters in baseball history, has played in the postseason 5 times, 3 times reaching the lcs, winning two pennants and 1 world series. He also has the ability to speak without sounding like an uneducated fool (unlike most big leaguers). Id say those are pretty impressive credentials.

JayStubbs
10-24-2012, 06:58 PM
The Saddest Little Cardinal: We were supposed to win not lose! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxsdPUHbU1I&feature=g-hist)

I can't believe that the Cardinals let someone post Chris Carpenter's reaction to the Cards losing the NLCS on YouTube ;)

texasdave
10-24-2012, 07:06 PM
I like Fat Elvis. IMO, Fat Elvis quotes are always welcome.

foxfire123
10-24-2012, 09:20 PM

Agree with most of this--I think they need to go looking for that guy who was threatening to "personally slit throats" and scare the every lovin' crapola out of him. THAT was completely out of line and uncalled for.

foxfire123
10-24-2012, 09:21 PM
I agree.

Steak. without a doubt.

TSJ55
10-24-2012, 09:34 PM
I agree.

What cut of steak?

MBZags
10-24-2012, 10:59 PM
What cut of steak?

Yes, that's the key question here.

bounty37h
10-25-2012, 08:49 AM

Carpenter has some kool aid lips in that video.

cw0802
10-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Yes, that's the key question here.

I'm thinking ribeye...or NY Sirloin.