PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Belt anyone?

Dan
11-09-2012, 01:19 PM
MLBTR (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/heyman-on-red-sox-hamilton-mariners-giants.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook)

The Giants have been getting lots of calls on Brandon Belt, according to Heyman (via Twitter). Belt comes with solid upside and quality defense and is not yet arbitration-eligible.

Playing LF and batting in the #2 hole (.360 OBP in his first full season, plus a .400+ OBP in the minors)? At least until his power develops. Yes he's a LH batter, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Plus he could spell Votto at 1b on occasion.

Wonder what the WS winners would take in return?

RedsManRick
11-09-2012, 01:31 PM
I think he'd be a great target. Given how much they've jerked him around, the Giants simply don't seem to value him that much. He'd be a nice addition in LF given our presume budgetary constraints.

Benihana
11-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Sure I'd be interested, but my guess is the Giants want a lot of offense coming back (and they will obviously continue to be in a win-now mode). Not sure we have the pieces to get it done unless we're going to give up someone like Cozart.

If we're trading Cozart, I'd rather target Justin Upton.

I'd offer Drew Stubbs and a guy like Henry Rodriguez. Maybe throw in Kyle Lotzkar. If they want substantially more or guys closer to the show, I'd pass and look to acquire Upton or sign Ludwick or Hunter.

Benihana
11-09-2012, 04:02 PM
According to Heyman now they won't be trading Brandon Belt.

_Sir_Charles_
11-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Plus he could spell Votto at 1b on occasion.

Me too.

V O T O. Damn! Not ready for the majors yet.

Rojo
11-09-2012, 05:17 PM
He's not an outfielder.

westofyou
11-09-2012, 05:22 PM
He's not an outfielder.
Yeah my thoughts exactly