PDA

View Full Version : Dido and cozart

cincyredway
11-11-2012, 12:21 PM
I wonder if the reds would consider playing didi at short and moving cozart to third , and Frazier to left. And spend our money on pitching.

cincyredway
11-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Sorry on the title should b didi and cozart.

rgslone
11-11-2012, 01:04 PM
I wonder if the reds would consider playing didi at short and moving cozart to third , and Frazier to left. And spend our money on pitching.

I just don't think Cozart's bat plays at 3rd. In my opinion, Cozart is either your SS, or he's trade bait (because I think he has value as a starting SS for a lot of MLB teams). Cozart's value, however, is all at SS - not 3B or even 2B. I think if you're going to go down the road you're suggesting for next season (i.e., promoting from within to plug holes), then the better path would be placing Henry Rodriguez at 3B and batting him 2nd (or maybe even lead-off).

MoneyInTheBank
11-11-2012, 01:58 PM
I just don't think Cozart's bat plays at 3rd. In my opinion, Cozart is either your SS, or he's trade bait (because I think he has value as a starting SS for a lot of MLB teams). Cozart's value, however, is all at SS - not 3B or even 2B. I think if you're going to go down the road you're suggesting for next season (i.e., promoting from within to plug holes), then the better path would be placing Henry Rodriguez at 3B and batting him 2nd (or maybe even lead-off).

I have to agree with you here. You would be better off from a value standpoint trading Cozart than moving him to 3rd. Heck, trade him FOR a 3rd Baseman. But you have to maximize the value of your assets better than that for a team without a lot of money to spend

redsfan1995
11-11-2012, 03:01 PM
We already have a thread discussing this. Please move discussion here.
http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99324