PDA

View Full Version : Joakim Soria, Ryan Madson in free-agent discussions with Reds: Report

DannyB
11-11-2012, 11:05 PM
http://tracking.si.com/2012/11/12/joakim-soria-ryan-madson-in-free-agent-reds-contract/?xid=si_mlb

HometownHero
11-12-2012, 12:33 AM
I hope is Ryan Madson we sign since he will be ready the whole year and has experience pitching in a hitter park. Also not knowing what Soria would show up would be scary as the 2011 version wasn't too good but the 07-10 version was amazing.

RedTruck
11-12-2012, 02:42 AM
Quite interesting. The problem is that Soria and Madson are 2 big unknowns.

If they pitch to there CAPABILITY and make a full recovery than I might say that a bullpen that consists of:

Sean Marshall
Joakim Soria
J.J Hoover (if last season is any indication of his abilities)
Ryan Madson

that group might matchup, if not conquer last years awesome bullpen.

But again, it's all about how they recover. You could end up with a DISASTROUS bullpen, or a lights out one. Tricky situation.

WDE
11-12-2012, 03:13 PM
I do not want Soria because I think he will want more than he deserves to get. I'm iffy on Madson. He is a great pitcher, but he did just come off of shoulder surgery.

Stingray
11-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Was Madson shoulder or Tommy John?

Red Raindog
11-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Was Madson shoulder or Tommy John?

Tommy John

strasserki
11-13-2012, 07:34 AM
don't forget about Nick Masset

Quite interesting. The problem is that Soria and Madson are 2 big unknowns.

If they pitch to there CAPABILITY and make a full recovery than I might say that a bullpen that consists of:

Sean Marshall
Joakim Soria
J.J Hoover (if last season is any indication of his abilities)
Ryan Madson

that group might matchup, if not conquer last years awesome bullpen.

But again, it's all about how they recover. You could end up with a DISASTROUS bullpen, or a lights out one. Tricky situation.

HometownHero
11-13-2012, 06:01 PM
We can't get both of these its just going to be one or the other if they added one of them.

GotHeeeeem
11-13-2012, 06:08 PM
maybe Madson will give the Reds a discount since they paid him 10mill to do nothing as well as paid for his surgery......

Hondo
11-13-2012, 09:58 PM
If the Reds can get Soria, he is lights out... nobody hits the ball hard on him, and he'll probably be better after this surgery...

Madson should take a huge discount for the Reds since they paid him 8.5 Million to rehab last year...

I just hope they decide to leave Chapman as Closer, because I have a feeling you'll see another surgery just like Texas lost Perez after converting him to cloer for a year, and then back to a starter...