PDA

View Full Version : Giancarlo Stanton

Hondo
11-21-2012, 07:56 PM
From Passan:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mlb--giancarlo-stanton-should-be-on-trading-block--ndash--now--ndash--if-marlins-were-serious-about-rebuilding----065740919.html

So it's time to trade him. Not in a year, when, even with a huge season, his value won't be nearly as high. Not in July, when, even with desperate teams, the return will have eroded.

Now. Today. Soon.

Get the Herschel Walker package.

So, I ask you... What is the Reds "Herschel Walker Package"?

Redsfansince72
11-21-2012, 08:11 PM
I hope the Reds at least ask what it would take.. Having him protect Votto would be huge in the lineup batting 4th.

RedsBrick
11-21-2012, 08:18 PM
From Passan:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mlb--giancarlo-stanton-should-be-on-trading-block--ndash--now--ndash--if-marlins-were-serious-about-rebuilding----065740919.html

As a Viking fan I rebuke this! That trade set the organization back a decade.

roundboy22
11-21-2012, 09:39 PM
As a Cowboys fan I say we do it. :)

MoneyInTheBank
11-21-2012, 10:10 PM
From Passan:

Hamilton, Cingrani, Gregorius, Corcino

BEETTLEBUG
11-21-2012, 10:26 PM
No don't give up that much.

The DARK
11-21-2012, 11:40 PM
For those four? Definitely worth it.

It would probably take at least Leake, Stubbs, Hamilton, and Gregorius to get it done. For a player of his talent, the Marlins are going to want MLB talent in addition to Hamilton.

HatchMo
11-22-2012, 12:40 AM
For those four? Definitely worth it.

It would probably take at least Leake, Stubbs, Hamilton, and Gregorius to get it done. For a player of his talent, the Marlins are going to want MLB talent in addition to Hamilton.

Why would they want MLB talent when they are 3+ years away? And whose to say Leake and Stubbs are major league talent.

[deleted]
11-22-2012, 01:42 AM
I'd say it'd probably take Hamilton, Bailey/Leake, Corcino, and parts.

I'd also say that I'd probably be willing to do it.

5TimeWSChamps
11-22-2012, 07:09 AM
Hamilton, Leake, Cozart or Gregorious, Cingrani

improbus
11-22-2012, 09:04 AM
For Stanton, I just hand over the deed to Louisville. Here's our AAA affiliate. It's yours. The team, the facility, everything.

Stanton would hit 50 in GABP. A Votto/Stanton/Bruce combo would hit at least 100 HRs (and probably more). It would allow Frazier to hit 6th, give Dusty his beloved L/R/L/R combo. It would allow us to hit Brandon wherever we need him. In fact, I need to stop thinking about this because it is getting me way too excited in ways that are a little uncomfortable...

I love our prospects, but they are prospects. Stanton is 22, cheap, and a proven big leaguer.

bigredmechanism
11-22-2012, 10:29 AM
I seriously doubt they would trade a 22 year old under team control for so long. If they are rebuilding again, as it seems, that's the guy you rebuild around.

For arguments sake, though, I think it's worth noting that if he were available, the bidding war would be unreal. I bet you'd need to offer: Bailey, Hamilton, Corcino, Cingrani, and Didi to keep up with the fact that every team wants him badly.

Not gonna happen, and if it were, it wouldn't be worth it.

Redlegs Homer
11-22-2012, 12:00 PM
A blank check. But seriously, if we don't give up Chapman, Votto, Phillips, Bruce, Latos, or Cueto in a trade, we will fleece them. Stanton would be the MVP if he played for Cincinnati. Hamilton, Stubbs, Leake, and Corcino would be fair.

Ironman92
11-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Would love to see him go for the scoreboard in BP at GABP

JayBruceFan
11-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Or the truck in center field. Haha

joshua
11-22-2012, 09:57 PM
We should send them Stubbs. I don't care if we get anything in return. Or if they even know he's coming.

texasdave
11-22-2012, 10:14 PM
We should send them Stubbs. I don't care if we get anything in return. Or if they even know he's coming.

Classic. Kudos. :beerme:

Helms1
11-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Too bad I only have one big kidney, otherwise if Walt called I would have to consider throwing the other one into a deal. Does GABP have a dialysis suite?

Ironman92
11-25-2012, 08:47 PM

He'd miss.

drowg14
11-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Interesting article about the trade value of Stanton.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/is-trading-giancarlo-stanton-even-possible/

If this analysis is to be believed (or is even in the ballpark), we couldn't really come close to dealing for him.

Krawhitham
11-29-2012, 10:49 PM
Would Stubbs, Leake, Hamilton, & a couple mid level prospects get it done?

HometownHero
11-29-2012, 10:51 PM

No, Stanton has more trade value than basically anyone in baseball.

webbbj
11-30-2012, 08:59 AM

you would be sending them a 4th or 5th OF and 5th starter, a slap hitting prodigy and some unknowns. That deal isnt even close.

If you want Stanton I think the conversation starts with:

A.)Hamilton
B.)Bruce
C.)Bailey
D.)Cingrani
E.)Stephenson
F.)Corcino
G.)Didi
H.)Mez

They will want A+(B or C)+(D,E or F)+(D,E or F)+(G or H).

dMaus14
11-30-2012, 09:57 AM
While I agree with webbbj I think that other prospects may be more valuable for them. I could see them wanting:

Billy Hamilton (Near MLB ready)
(1 of:)Tony Cingrani - Robert Stephenson - Daniel Corcinco (2 of them are near MLB ready)
Kyle Lotzkar
Neftali Soto
(1 of:) Yorman Rodriguez - Henry Rodriguez (Near MLB ready)
Then probably either Cozart, Leake, or Heisey

I mean that's giving up our #1, (#2, #3 or #4), #8, *9 and (#16 or #19) plus a MLB throw in. I would say that wins the deal for them. And honestly if they chose Stephenson I would be okay with the deal because we keep our 2 top pitching prospects that are near MLB ready, but I would ask for a throw in prospect in return.

Giancarlo Stanton - OF
Charlie Lowell - LHP
- FOR -
Billy Hamilton
Robert Stephenson
Kyle Lotzkar
Neftali Soto
Henry Rodriguez
Mike Leake

I think that deal gets done. I am happy with that deal. Soto would've been blocked and Miami needs a 1B. Rodriguez could help will be good in the future like an Omar Infante. Leake comes in right away to help with their staff which will be completely depleted. Stephenson and Lotzkar are their arms for the future to go along with what they got from the Bluejays and Dodgers. Billy Hamilton is their new marketing campaign.

For us LF, RF, 2B, SS, 1B, SP 1-3, CL and bullpen are done and signed for 3-4 years. All you would need in my opinion would be a leadoff guy and you could theoretically go after Victorino for 2 years because of the money saved for Stanton. Watching Stanton and Votto battle it out for MVP would be fun.

WDE
12-01-2012, 02:19 PM
I would give up almost anything for that guy. He would hit an unbelievable amount of HRs in GABP.

webbbj
12-01-2012, 06:33 PM
I would think a latos package x 2

Redlegs Homer
12-02-2012, 12:50 AM
you would be sending them a 4th or 5th OF and 5th starter, a slap hitting prodigy and some unknowns. That deal isnt even close.

A.)Hamilton
B.)Bruce
C.)Bailey
D.)Cingrani
E.)Stephenson
F.)Corcino
G.)Didi
H.)Mez

I feel like Hamilton+Bailey+Stephenson+Didi would be a no-brainer for the Reds.

drowg14
12-02-2012, 01:42 PM
I feel like Hamilton+Bailey+Stephenson+Didi would be a no-brainer for the Reds.

I don't know if I would call it a no-brainer, but I would end up pulling the trigger. Bailey would be the big loss here imho. I think he finally has turned a corner. But a homer machine LF is a better fit in GABP than a flyball pitcher I suppose.

drowg14
12-02-2012, 03:31 PM

A.)Hamilton
B.)Bruce
C.)Bailey
D.)Cingrani
E.)Stephenson
F.)Corcino
G.)Didi
H.)Mez

In an unrelated note. Lets say this post represents the true worth of Stanton in terms of Reds prospects (whether it does or not does not matter for this exercise). Starting from this point, what then is J. Upton or Fowler worth (note, worth, not what will they cost). Stanton's value has to be significantly higher than either Upton or Fowler. But how much more?