PDA

View Full Version : Cactus League schedule

Matt700wlw
12-04-2012, 07:29 AM
It'll be here before we know it

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20121203&content_id=40507058&vkey=pr_cin&c_id=cin

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/downloads/y2013/reds_2013_spring_schedule.pdf

cumberlandreds
12-04-2012, 07:49 AM
Thanks! Seems like the spring training schedule gets earlier every year. And longer too. 38 games this spring.

RANDY IN INDY
12-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Maybe starting early because of the WBC?

JayStubbs
02-07-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm planning on heading to Az for Spring training this year. Does anyone know the Pheonix area well enough to recommend where to stay. The hotels near Goodyear are way too expensive for me, but there are plenty of affordable ones throughout Pheonix. I just don't know what the good, safe areas are, or more importantly, what the bad, unsafe areas are. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks :)

VR
02-08-2013, 12:03 AM
I'm planning on heading to Az for Spring training this year. Does anyone know the Pheonix area well enough to recommend where to stay. The hotels near Goodyear are way too expensive for me, but there are plenty of affordable ones throughout Pheonix. I just don't know what the good, safe areas are, or more importantly, what the bad, unsafe areas are. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks :)

How long are you planning on staying, and how many people with you? You may want to look into a vacation rental.....might be surprised at what's out there.

JayStubbs
02-08-2013, 12:33 AM
How long are you planning on staying, and how many people with you? You may want to look into a vacation rental.....might be surprised at what's out there.

Thanks. I'm going to be there with a buddy for three days in the middle of March. I don't think a vacation rental is worth it this year, but definitely looking into for next year. Any advice on where I should look for that?

remdog
02-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Go to www.tripadvisor.com, log on to the Phoenix area page or the Goodyear, AZ page and ask your question there. A lot of locals will reply with suggestions for hotels, restaurants, nightlife, etc. List your dates and budget so that they can work within the proper price range. Also, let them know if you will have a car. It may surprise you how much they can come up with.

Rem

Johnny Footstool
02-08-2013, 05:16 PM
We're taking our annual trip March 14-20. Hitting all three home games. They sell Fat Tire on tap in the ballpark; unfortunately, it's about $8.

JayStubbs
02-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Go to www.tripadvisor.com, log on to the Phoenix area page or the Goodyear, AZ page and ask your question there. A lot of locals will reply with suggestions for hotels, restaurants, nightlife, etc. List your dates and budget so that they can work within the proper price range. Also, let them know if you will have a car. It may surprise you how much they can come up with.

Rem

Thx. Will do. :thumbup: