PDA

View Full Version : Wee-Woo, Wee-Woo, Walt robbed the Indians!

RedTruck
12-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Can't believe it only took stubbs, and gregorious.

Stubbs had like negative value, and gregorious was blocked by cozart and wasn't even considered a A list prospect...

In exchange we fill a GAPING hole in the top of our lineup with Choo, and get a not to shabby extra Jason Donald (his 2012 numbers are awful, but 2011, and 2010 were really good)

Regardless, thank you walt! You truly are one of the best gm's in the game of baseball, and i'm thankful you are part of this club!!1:beerme:

edit:

Also, I forgot to mention that the indians are sending the reds 3.5 million dollars as well. BRILLIATN!

19braves77
12-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Choo must want 17 million a year.

I wouldn't have minded the Braves giving up Kris Medlen, Simmons, and Mike Minor to bring Choo to ATL.

scott91575
12-11-2012, 10:58 PM
The DBacks are the ones that got robbed.

joshua
12-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Yeah. DBacks gave up so much pitching and got Didi and Lars Anderson? Wow. Should've sent Didi to the DBacks straight up for Bauer and found another way to get Choo

But it ends up Didi and Stubbs for Choo, Donald, 3.5 mil and the qualifying pick they are bound to get for offering Choo at the end of next season. Still an amazing deal for the Reds.

Redlegs Homer
12-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Hell I even think Donald could be a nice addition. Bill James is projecting an OPS of .710 which is .005 higher than Drew Stubbs. To be fair there is a huge difference in projected PAs but I think Donald could be a decent bench player. What a trade!

webbbj
12-11-2012, 11:07 PM
agree, nice bench addition definite upgrade over valdez and cairo

nheath22
12-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Love the trade. Our team just got a lot better in 2013! Bring it home Redlegs!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A94WzCKCcAMsScV.jpg:large

JayBruceFan
12-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Unnamed sources are saying that there will be an additional jersey added this season with 빨간색 on the front (Translates out to "Reds" in Korean, for anyone keeping score at home)

[deleted]
12-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Indians were far from robbed. They managed to move one year of Choo plus spare parts for Trevor Bauer.

Both Ohio teams come out on top here.

bigredmechanism
12-12-2012, 01:34 AM

Indeed. I think Cleveland is happy with their haul. I know I am happy with ours. If DiDi works out for the D-Backs, it will have been a good trade for all three teams.

Redsfansince72
12-12-2012, 10:15 AM
I just wish Walt would have done this at the trade deadline last year!!!!Lets hope this gets the Reds to the dance now!!

MattyVTX
12-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Being a Texan, I always hoped Drew would increase his contact rate and take the next step. The tools are just so damned tantelizing. That being said, I'm pumped to have Choo. What a great move by Walt.

Wish Didi and Drew all the best. Hope they both live up to their talents.

MattyVTX
12-12-2012, 10:43 AM
I just wish Walt would have done this at the trade deadline last year!!!!Lets hope this gets the Reds to the dance now!!

Extra half season of Choo would have made him much more expensive at the deadline.

Pony Boy
12-12-2012, 12:16 PM
I think the Indians did really well in this trade. They basically traded one year of Choo for a top pitching prospect that will be cheap and under team control for a long time. Plus they get Stubbs. There is a chance that the change of scenery and coaching staffs could turn him around. Stubbs would only need to replicate his 2009 and 2010 form at the plate in order to be a really valuable player given his defense. Stranger things have happened.

The thing that is interesting about this trade is that it showed that we could have essentially traded Didi Gregorious for Trevor Bauer. I would have taken that deal any day of the week.

New York Red
12-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Saw this on Twitter at work, and promptly let out a very loud YESSSS!! Which brought wondering stares from about 20 people. Haha, good times. Way to go, Walt! :beerme:

AintlifeGrande
12-12-2012, 06:37 PM
But just a one year deal.Boras already said he is not looking to sign an extension.Scott Boras is all thats wrong with MLB.

MBZags
12-12-2012, 07:10 PM

Well, you know, Didi is the next Derek Jeter, according to Kevin Towers.

The_Mudshark
12-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Can't believe it only took stubbs, and gregorious.

Stubbs had like negative value, and gregorious was blocked by cozart and wasn't even considered a A list prospect...

In exchange we fill a GAPING hole in the top of our lineup with Choo, and get a not to shabby extra Jason Donald (his 2012 numbers are awful, but 2011, and 2010 were really good)

Regardless, thank you walt! You truly are one of the best gm's in the game of baseball, and i'm thankful you are part of this club!!1:beerme:

edit:

Also, I forgot to mention that the indians are sending the reds 3.5 million dollars as well. BRILLIATN!

The Indians came out better than the Reds did. Do you know who Trevor Bauer is?

Good trade for everyone but the D-Backs. Choo helps the offense but creates a D problem in the OF. He also will not be here past 2013. I like having him, but he isn't going to solve all of our problems.