PDA

View Full Version : Freddie Garcia??

texasdave
12-19-2012, 12:34 PM
The Twins, Rockies and Reds are among the teams that have checked in on free agent right-hander Freddy Garcia, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports (Twitter link). Garcia, who turned 36 in October, is represented by Peter E. Greenberg & Associates

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/twins-rockies-reds-interested-in-freddy-garcia.html#LBBFdjFdcJzkiqwr.99

Alpha Zero
12-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Makes no sense unless it's a minor league deal. I think he'll probably get a major league deal elsewhere, so I doubt he ends up with the Reds.

The DARK
12-19-2012, 10:05 PM
Almost certainly a minor league deal if we were to get him. There's no need for another righty in the pen, so he'll likely be in AAA and see time depending on how the Chapman experiment goes. I don't see us going through with it... we already signed Redmond for this express purpose.

LeDoux
12-19-2012, 10:39 PM
In a pinch I'd take Garcia over Redmond.

OGB
12-20-2012, 12:13 AM
I think he's still good enough to be the #5 for quite a few teams (and maybe #2 for the Astros).

I don't anticipate another season with good health we had last year, though, so I'll welcome any competent SP who'd like to join Villareal, Corcino, and Leake(?) in Louisville.