PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Freel Memorial Donations

Plus Plus
12-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Hello, Redszone-

The tragic death of Ryan Freel, one of Redleg Nation's own, has led the moderating team here at RedsZone to start up a fundraiser for the Cincinnati branch of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. We are accepting donations until the end of January, at which point 100% of the net donation is going to be given to AFSP-Cincinnati.

To donate, please go to http://www.youcaring.com/memorial-fundraiser/Suicide-Prevention/37840 and click on the "give" button. Any amount will be accepted and any amount will help!

Thank you for your time!

http://images.sportsworldreport.com/data/images/full/5571/cincinnati-reds-right-fielder-ryan-freel.jpg?w=640

Matos
01-17-2013, 10:40 PM
Freel had issues with alcohol that date back to his time with the reds. I wrote about them then and was attacked by people who didn't want anything "bad" written about him. He was crying out for help then -- but was ignored by people that only liked him because he was a Red. They coukld care less about truly helping the guy. Now the depths of his despair hit a ppoint to where he said -- "I quit" -- and those same people want to offer up a few dollars -- interesting.

MBZags
01-17-2013, 11:41 PM
Freel had issues with alcohol that date back to his time with the reds. I wrote about them then and was attacked by people who didn't want anything "bad" written about him. He was crying out for help then -- but was ignored by people that only liked him because he was a Red. They coukld care less about truly helping the guy. Now the depths of his despair hit a ppoint to where he said -- "I quit" -- and those same people want to offer up a few dollars -- interesting.

It seems like you're painting with an extremely wide brush here.

Regardless, the money is going for a noble cause, and this thread is not to meant to ignite debate about the past.

PhilAlive
02-01-2013, 04:07 AM
It seems like you're painting with an extremely wide brush here.

Regardless, the money is going for a noble cause, and this thread is not to meant to ignite debate about the past.

Bad to here about this, didn't even know about it, guy was a good player, however I try to stay away from players personal life's. I try not to judge people by the bad they have done so I would rather not hear any bad! I do hope for the best for his family, if I had extra money to donate I would.