texasdave
12-25-2012, 06:55 AM
1) Billy Hamilton
2) Robert Stephenson
3) Tony Cingrani
4) Daniel Corcino
5) Jesse Winker
6) Nick Travieso

Merry Christmas!! Since I will be visiting for several days, I need to get the next poll started this morning. Everyone be safe and enjoy your holidays.

Kc61
12-25-2012, 11:26 AM
texasdave, one more suggestion. The Reds drafted a kid Jonathan Moscot last year who did very well at Billings, seems projectable, pitched at Pepperdine. I think he could be a surprising prospect.

Would like to see him on the board.

This time I went for Henry Rodriguez. Henry would be a clear choice if he had hit better at AAA last year. But his overall minor league record shows him to be a solid young switch hitter with major league potential.

As others have said, at this point in the Reds system (after the top six guys) it's really much harder to distinguish, but I'll go with Henry.

mth123
12-25-2012, 12:34 PM
It gets really tough now. I'm going with Ismael Guillon. 6' 3" lefty who had a good run at Billings ar age 20 with a positive cup of cofffee at Dayton. He looks ready to become the next guy in line at Dayton in 2013.

Guillon is not a new draftee or recent signing, so there has been time for him to fall off the radar, but he's only 21 in 2013 and looks like he's ready to move up. Being a lefty gives him an advantage.

The DARK
12-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Went for Tanner Rahler. I like his upside better than Rodriguez.

klw
12-25-2012, 05:42 PM
Went with my breakout candidate Soto

mace
12-25-2012, 06:52 PM
It gets really tough now. I'm going with Ismael Guillon. 6' 3" lefty who had a good run at Billings ar age 20 with a positive cup of cofffee at Dayton. He looks ready to become the next guy in line at Dayton in 2013.

Guillon is not a new draftee or recent signing, so there has been time for him to fall off the radar, but he's only 21 in 2013 and looks like he's ready to move up. Being a lefty gives him an advantage.

Agree with everything here--the tough part and the Guillon part--but went with Lutz. Considered those two and Soto. Nor can I argue with Rodriguez. He simply doesn't intrigue me quite as much. I am, however, a fan of the hit tool in general.

Superdude
12-25-2012, 11:06 PM
Now it's interesting. I go with Guillon here. High upside lefty that's finally established himself outside the rabble of rookie leagues. I like Rodriguez's bat, but it doesn't overwhelm me for an average at best third basemen.

JayBruceFan
12-25-2012, 11:32 PM
Waldrop

JaxRed
12-26-2012, 08:35 AM
I'm with Superdude. It looks like Rodriguez is going to win, but I went Guillon. Just think the ceiling is higher. Debated between Guillon and Waldrop. Both essentially the same age at Dayton.

Went for Guillon because his 2012 numbers were better.

Edd Roush
12-26-2012, 09:09 AM
I went with Henry Rodriguez here. He does seem to have a very good hit tool and I am excited to see what he does in a repeat of Louisville this year. I think it is going to be good for him that the Reds signed Hannahan. Now HRod will have time to develop his whole game and work on being the full-time replacement for Phillips or Frazier if they go down rather than working on being a utility player. Let's hope HRod seizes the day and makes us laugh about him only being our #7 prospect in the future.

Scrap Irony
12-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Rodriguez is two years older than Guillon.

Guillon is ticketed for Dayton this season, while Rodriguez will play the I-71 Shuffle between AAA Louisville and Cincinnati.

If both follow the typical career path, Guillon's arrival is likely in four to fve years-- at age 24 or 25.

The hope, obviously, is that Guillon skips or moves more than one level per year. Which is possible.

lollipopcurve
12-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Lutz -- still ironing out his game, but he has the potential to mash.

Red Swagger
12-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Lutz
Guillon
Waldrop

Should round out the Top 10, after HRod at #7

Langfield and Ryan Wright are close as well

mdccclxix
12-27-2012, 09:40 AM
I was enticed by Mejias-Brean's blend of athleticism and strong performance, then cast aside the fact he's 21 in Billings. He helped lead AZ well past where people thought, too. I like Hrod and would put him top 10, but worry about his lack of power and walks.

Red Soup
12-27-2012, 10:58 AM
I went with Lutz, slightly above Guilon. Seems like a safe pick at this point.

To be honest, I think this is the point where we see the impact of all the prospect trades over the past 13 months. And, it's a good thing. Time to shuffle the deck over where these polls have been the last few years - with plenty of established names.

I think one of the interesting things to watch in 2013 is who will break out of the group of first- and second-year positional bats (beyond Winker). People like Waldrop, Rahier, Brean, Rosa and Ryan Wright. The way these guys perform will dictate the strength of this poll a year from now. Should be an interesting group to watch.

Kc61
12-27-2012, 11:34 AM
Yorman Rodriguez deserves more mention in all this.

He is still very young, only 20, is already at A+ ball, and is (I understand) a very fine "tools" talent, both in terms of his offensive and defensive potential.

He is still very raw, but his upside is better than some of the others being discussed.

I'll probably go with Guillon next, but after that Yorman has to get serious consideration.

Keep in mind that Lutz will play at AA as a 24 year old next season. Yorman will play at A+, one level below, as a 20 year old, who will turn 21 in August 2013.

dougdirt
12-27-2012, 11:53 AM
To be fair, his upside is better than anyone on the list, already on it or not yet voted on it.

klw
12-27-2012, 12:37 PM
To be fair, his upside is better than anyone on the list, already on it or not yet voted on it.

Better than Amir?

dougdirt
12-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Better than Amir?

Better than Stephenson.

In a perfect world, Yorman Rodriguez is a plus corner outfielder, an average center fielder and a triple crown contender. Now that isn't even remotely likely, but in a scenario where everything he could possibly do, comes to fruition, that is what he could be.