PDA

View Full Version : MLB Tonight picks.......

40YrRedsFan
12-29-2012, 02:06 AM
On MLB Tonight on Friday, 12-28, the 4 hosts, Ahmed Fareed, Mitch Williams, Dan Plesac, and John Heyman all made their picks for the 2013 season. Only 1 of the hosts picked the Reds to get to the NLCS, and then lose to Washington.
Two of the other hosts picked the Reds to win the Central Division, but lose in the first round of the playoffs. The other host (John Heyman) didn't even pick the Reds to get to the postseason. What do these analysts see in the Reds
that tell them they won't get to the World Series?

RedTruck
12-29-2012, 05:24 AM
On MLB Tonight on Friday, 12-28, the 4 hosts, Ahmed Fareed, Mitch Williams, Dan Plesac, and John Heyman all made their picks for the 2013 season. Only 1 of the hosts picked the Reds to get to the NLCS, and then lose to Washington.
Two of the other hosts picked the Reds to win the Central Division, but lose in the first round of the playoffs. The other host (John Heyman) didn't even pick the Reds to get to the postseason. What do these analysts see in the Reds
that tell them they won't get to the World Series?

Haters gonna hate?

I don't know where there mind thought was when they eliminated the Reds from even MAKING the playoffs.

2 wild card spots..and a weak NL Central...either they think the Reds will collapse or what. They've made nothing but improvements and this is the love they get. :lol:

goreds2
12-29-2012, 10:41 AM
I love that we are under the radar in a sense. :beerme:

MoneyInTheBank
12-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Remember last year when the Angels and Marlins were on a collision course to the World Series? I wouldn't put much stock into the "experts". Their predictions are always based on splashy free agent signings and the Reds didn't do that.

HalMorrisRules
12-29-2012, 12:42 PM
They all were negative on Aroldia going to the rotation. Heyman, in particular, thinks it will be a fail of the most epic proportions.

texasdave
12-29-2012, 01:34 PM
It would not shock me if the Reds did not make the playoffs. This season will not be a cakewalk that leads into the postseason. I think the Reds should make it. But shoulda-woulda-coulda happens.

Fireball
12-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Heyman's response when asked why he picked the Cardinals was something like: "I don't know. I always pick the Cardinals."

Not exactly a response that gives any indication he put thought into his pick...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

HatchMo
12-29-2012, 02:42 PM
I wouldn't put to much stock in "expert" opinions. MLB network are STL slurps anyways.

Alpha Zero
12-30-2012, 08:20 AM
I think the Reds are the best team in the division, but it certainly wouldn't shock me if the Cardinals won the Central in 2013. They have a powerful offense and always seem to cobble together a solid back end of the rotation behind Wainright and Carpenter. They also have some solid reinforcements waiting in the minors (Oscar Taveras, Shelby Miller, etc.). They are a good team.

I would be shocked if anyone else won the division. The Pirates are young and have some potential, but I don't really like their rotation at all. Most of their off season moves have been underwhelming at best. The Brewers have Braun, but that's about it. I doubt he'll be able to carry that whole team on his back. The Cubs are still the Cubs.

So it's really a two horse race between the Cards and Reds to me. Of course, anything can happen in baseball, but I think things would just have to go disastrously wrong for both of these teams for someone else to steal the division.