Re: No Dunn in Home Run Derby?
Team Boone you are right on. Take the top 4 HR hitters from each league. If there is a tie, let last years total be the tie breaker.
I also agree on the skills challenge. The "Celebrity" Softball Game is the greatest excuse in the world to turn OFF the TV. I would like to see that replaced by something like:
- the equivolent of speed pitch at the carnival for the pitchers
- something like the WR challenge in the NFL for the infielders. Balls would be shot out from a machine in different directions testing their glove and their range with the an accurate throw to first giving bonus points
- Throw to a targert at 2nd, 3rd, and Home for outfielders. Most accurate wins.
And to completely shake things up, I would like to take the manager voting out of the All-Star selection. It makes me sick when I think of how many white sox made this years team. I think that the fans should get 51% of the vote and the players should get the other 49%. This might also help balance out the amount of NY and Boston players that make the team. The top 2 vote getters at each position would get taken. Then the top 3 remaining players would get taken. The top 4 starters and the top 4 relievers would get taken. No more of the "each team has to have a representative" stuff either. Oh well, that's what you could count on from me if I were Commish for a day!!!!