Originally Posted by RBA
Yes, it's mandatory. Also you need to answer the following quesitons:
1. Are you a Reds Fan?
2. If so, what made you become a Reds Fan. If not, why are you on this forum?
3. How did you learn about RedsZone?
4. How old are you?
5. Where are you from?
6. Do you drink or take drugs? If not, why are you a Reds fan?
7. Have you now or ever been a member of the communist party?
8. Do you know who the Gang of 10 are?
9. Are you now or have you ever been affliated with Richard Hand or Gallagher?
10. Do you wipe front to back or back to front?
11. Would you consider having your testicles (if you are male) cut off if it would guarentee a Reds World Championship?
12. Do you think Adam Dunn is overrated and strikes out too much?
13. Which Reds player would you most like to go on a double date with and why?
14. What do you think you can add to RedsZone?
15. Do you think Jim Edmonds is a showboater?
Sheesh, I've been posting over on the RedsLive part of the site, and didn't even realize this was here- how rude of me!
1. born and bred a Reds fan. My earliest memories as a kid were going to Crosley with my dad, coming in through the left field gate to the brightest, most wonderful shade of green I had ever seen. We'd sit down by the third base walkway, where the players would come out onto the field, and try to get autographs. My dad pointed out Wille Mays to me once, and told me to pay attention to him, he was the best player in baseball. Apparently, Dad was not as impressed as I was with Alex Johnson.
2. I came across Redzone as a part of checking daily Reds blogs of other folks opinion on the Reds, and was amazed to find that there were other people who actually shared my angst and agony on a daily basis. I had come to hide my Reds habit over the years, as the past 15 or so years have not been kind to us Reds fans. I had been reduced to changing the Reds game on the channel when my wife and kids entered the room, because of the shame, like I was watching a porno or something. This support group has given me the courage to walk openly, in the daylight, and not be afraid to show some, any public interest at all in the Redlegs.
3. I'm 45. I was 9 years old in 1970, and from then until the age of 19 just kind of assumed that every city had an awesome baseball team. I realize now, in my maturity, that I will never see those likes again, sadly.
4, 5. I am from the west side of the tracks, and definitely drink too much beer, although I can no longer find Hudy or Burger anywhere. I firmly believe that ballpark food should be limited to pop, beer, peanuts, hot dogs, popcorn (but only in the carton that you can use as a megaphone), ice cream, and hamburgers. No fish tacos. Cotton candy is ok for kids.
7. Never been a communist, but ironically, am red through and through. With a littel bit of orange in the fall and winter.
11.Testicles? Sorry, but I'm all out. Gave one back in 1975 to get the first WS win in my lifetime, gave the 2nd in 1990 because I thought I'd never see another here in Cincinnati after the BRM days.
I currently have 2 kidneys left, however. Am willing to donate for Fall Classic wins.
12. Dunner? Love him. Hate him. But love him more than I hate him. We have an agreement: he can continue to strike out 190 times a year, as long as he continues to get on base 40% of the time. We've reached a happy medium with that compromise, and are very happy together.
15 "Edmonds" are on sale during the Cardinals series for $1, as I hear it.
Happy to be here, among kindred souls