Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
What's really killing this team is the lack of a true #1 starter.
Which leads me to ask...
(1) How many of these are there in Major League Baseball? Are there lots of them?
(2) Do more than 50% of ML teams have one of these?
(3) How many are there in the NL Central (Carpenter? Clemens? Oswalt?)?
(4) How many of them are in small markets?
(5) How many of them were developed by their current team's minor league system?
(6) How much salary does one of these get?
(7) Do you have to trade away starting-8 types to get one?