Re: air ducts / dryer vent cleaning
Eight days ago a lady who lives next door to us came to our house on a Sunday afternoon. She rather calmly asked if she could use our phone to call 911, because her house was on fire.
After doing a doubletake (I couldn't believe how calm she seemed to be), being the generous guy I am, I allowed her to use our phone. My 15 year old son and I then ran next door. We discovered that there was a fire in her laundry room, next to the dryer. My son grabbed a water hose and quickly put out the fire.
The fire had come from the dryer vent, which had not been cleaned. The local fire department later told us that if we had not put out the fire when we did, the house would have been lost before the fire department arrived. As it is, the lady and her family has had to temporarily move out until all the smoke damage has been repaired.
"Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."