Tigs & mth
1. Denorfia is still unproven so pencilling him in as an everyday CF with no backup plan could be bad
2. Griffey can't hit lefties ( look at his 2006 stats ) & can't stay healthy for 162 games so IMO we need to be platooning someone in RF with Griffey
3. Votto should arrive mid 2007 pushing Hatteberg and his right handed hitting platoon partner to the bench. Since Hatteberg can only play 1b it would be prudent to find a right handed hitting platon partner who can play other positions ( ie Aurillia 1b/2b/3b or Craig Wilson 1b/OF )
4. Who Plays 2B? Brandon Phillips with Macier Izturis or a similar acquisition at SS.
This plan is the best I think. Some deal with the Angels for Izturis or Aybar is better than the junky free agent 2B on the market.
5. Aaron Heilman - why would the Mets trade him? Pedro is hurt. Galvine, Traschel & el duqe are free agents.
Kevin Correia - i don't know much about him
Horacio Ramirez - i'll defer to your judgement. Is he really any better than Lohse?
"If I splurge on a Free Agent, then I like Padilla better than Lilly. Wolfe would be ok if less than $6 Million per year for say 3 years."
Lilly is a fly ball pitcher. Great for the Nationals , not so great for the Reds.
I think all these middle of the road free agents will get big fat contracts.
6. who Improves the bench?
when Votto arrives the 1b platooners go to the bench