1. Homer Bailey
, RHP "he's damn good and he knows it"
2. Jay Bruce
, RF "Advanced hitter with strong, quick wrists and plenty of in-game power"
Very Good Prospects
3. Joey Votto
" Athletic first baseman combines solid hitting skills with plus power and patience"
4. Drew Stubbs, CF "Among the best athletes in the game, with size, speed, and tons of raw power potential"
5. Johnny Cueto, RHP "Thrived after moving to the rotation..."
6. Travis Wood, LHP "Lefty with impressive arsenal"
7. Sean Watson, LHP "Aggressive demeanor; commands his pitches well despite questionable mechanics"
8. Milton Loo, SS/3B "Quick hands and excellent plate coverage leads to line drives sprayed from pole-to-pole"
9. Chris Valaika, SS "Ultra-quick bat with gap power"
10. Paul Janish, SS "A decent hitter who makes plenty of contact "
Of the Reds farm system:
"The beginning of this decade was marked by bad drafts, bad player development, and some just plain ol' bad luck, leaving the Reds system as one of the worst in baseball. While the Bailey/Bruce combination completely changes the equation, the relative lack of talent at Double- and Triple-A means the organization will still be paying the price for the previous administration's foibles for another couple of years."
To see the entire article (Premium content on Baseball Prosepctus : http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...articleid=5713