Re: According to FOX Sports, the worst call in the NFL this season was...
After reading this thread and watching every Bengals game this season I have come to some conclusions:
1) That ref absolutely cost the Bengals the game vs. T.B. There's no if's, and's, or but's about it. The game was over if he had made the right call. Over. And, in the NFL, it's not all that hard to drive 25 yards for a touchdown with just under 2 minutes left.
2) Even if the correct call was made, who knows what would've happened to this team. I have no idea if they'd be in the playoffs right now. What I do know is they are an extremely soft team. They have no idea, whatsoever, how to handle any type of adversity and have to be one of the most disappointing teams I've ever watched.
3) The Bengals are a bunch of characters, but have no character. This team is very individualistic and lacks most of the intangibles that it takes to be a championship football team.
4) I truely believe Marvin's lack of clock management at the end of this game was the icing on the cake, in my mind, that he is a really bad coach. His coaching in the last 2 minutes lost this game. It's hard to fathom what he was actually thinking during that time frame. I'm not saying he should be fired, at least not yet, but how in the world does an NFL coach screw up so many things in the last 2 minutes of a game with the season on the line? Mind-boggling.
"....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421
- Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.