Originally Posted by Newman4
I agree you couldn't get a "stud" starter for Lopez/Kearns, but I don't think a #3 type is out of the question.
A typical #3 pitcher has a ERA in the 4's. (see Redsmanricks research in the thread in ORG).
Would this board melt down if we traded two position players for 1 starting pitcher with an ERA in the 4's? That's an honest question, I don't know the answer (although, it certinaly did over trading those same two position players for two reliefe pitchers and 3 misc. parts.).
Here's a blurb from RMR's research...
- 4 teams had a sub-3.00 ERA out of their #1 starter (FLA, HOU, LAA, MIN)
- 2 teams had a sub-3.50 ERA out of their #2 starter (FLA, HOU)
- 4 teams had sub-4.00 ERA out of their #3 starter (DET, FLA, LAA)
- 3 teams had a sub-4.50 ERA out of their #4 starter (DET, LAA, SD)
- 1 team had a sub-5.00 ERA out of their #5 starter (DET)