Re: Best & Worst Airports
- Chicago O'Hare isn't bad. It's plenty big. Stuff to do if you have a layover to pass time and it's well laid out.
- Philadelphia's airport was awful (that might have been the terrible experience I had there, though, more than the airport itself.
- I like both Dallas-Ft. Worth and Houston's airports. Both are bigger in size with stuff to do and the weather is usually nice. Somewhat easy to get around both.
- Miami's airport and LAX are usually a headache. Just "too busy" for my tastes.
- Atlanta's airport is nice. I like having layovers there because of the food they have, the shops they have and the newspapers they offer.
- Dulles in Washington is ok, not great. Lots of wait time for security, more than most others.
- Dayton's airport is boring. Nothing to do if you are waiting for someone to arrive. Seriously, you can't do anything except sit in a chair. Rediculous from the "home of flight."
- Columbus' airport is pretty nice. It's been pretty clean the times I've been there and it's relatively easy to get around.
- Jamaica. When I first went there (1977) there were no indoor terminals. It was all outdoor. I remember sitting on the side of a hill waiting for our plane to arrive. The landing strip was it's own island. Water on both sides of the runway. That was a little scary when I was a kid. I like the airport now, though.
'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
-Snoop on his retirement
Your Mom is happy.
Last edited by Red Leader; 01-22-2007 at 12:35 PM.