Re: UK basketball question
- Florida has beaten KY 5 straight times. Only one other team has done that in 30 years. No team has ever beaten KY 6 straight times and KY has to win at Florida to keep that from happening. The odds aren't good.
- 3-game losing streak in February for the second consecutive year. The last time that happened was 1922-23.
- Vanderbilt goes 28 games without a victory at Rupp, then get 2 in a row.
- KY is virtually guaranteed to have it's 5th 10-loss season in Tubby's 10 years.
- 8 years without a Final Four appearance. This year will most likely be 9. While some may not see that as huge, this is the longest drought in school history under a single coach.
- 2-13 in last 15 games against ranked teams.
There are bad times in every program. However, there is a trend at Kentucky and it's downward. Smith said that this year would be an improvement over last year and it has been...to the tune of 1 extra win. Sorry, that's not good enough.
I'm a long-time Tubby apologist and I don't hate the man. Quite the opposite, I respect his character greatly. I thought he got an unfair shake from many fans when he first arrived. That being said, I believe it's time for a change to return this program back to it's elite status.