Re: Anyone been the Chavez Ravine?
As a former Angelino, I recommend:
1. Driving and leaving early, LA traffic is a bear.
2. For people in LA, the game starts in the 2nd inning and lasts until the 7th.
3. Buying more expensive seats. Try to sit on the field level.
4. That's not the greatest area of town to hang out in but in LA, you're never far away from something to do. There's a great modern Indian restaurant called "Tantra" a mile or so west of the stadium on Sunset.
5. While you're there, consider taking in an Angels game as well. If you can, head on down to San Diego too...the new ballpark there is really cool and the downtown area surrounding it is full of bars, restaurants and shopping.