Originally Posted by TheWalls
In my experience coaching Tball if you can make sure everybody has come basics like:
1) run thru first base
2) play a position instead of running to every ball
3) throw the ball instead of running it
4) pay attention to every play instead of planes, trains, butterflies, etc.
5) hands correctly on the bat
6) keep your eye on the ball on the tee and hit the ball instead of the tee
and don't get anybody hurt and work to ensure that everybody has fun and you've been a good t-ball coach.
This is great advice. I coach tee ball also, and these are things I stress also. Some coaches pick the fastest player on their team and teach them to chase down the other players. It helps to win but it doesn't teach them how get better and learn the game.