Originally Posted by jmcclain19
No mention of any team options in 2010? That team option seems to be the Krivsky MO of contract extensions.
For what it's worth - that now gives the Reds $58.225Mil in committed salary for 2008 on 13 players. That figure is including if they pick up the $13mil option on Dunn, the $2.25mil option on Cormier, the $1.85mil option on Hatteberg and the $1.3mil option on Valentin. Without those options it's $39.825mil for 9 players.
And to add a cherry on top - the Reds owe $2.5 mil to Arroyo next season as a signing bonus.
1. Dunn's option will be picked up if he has a good 2007.
2. Cormier's option will not be picked up.
3. Hat's option will depend on how good a year he has and how good Votto looks this year. Would the Reds what Conine back for 2008? - again depends on what kind of year he has and what Votto does.
4. Valentin's option will depend on how he does this year.
5. Lohse is gone after 2007 unless guys like Belisle & Homer get injured or stink up the joint this year.
P.S. Freel for 2 years and $7M is a good deal for the Reds.