Originally Posted by dougdirt
If I had to lay down money today as for who would be the most productive Reds outfielder in 2011 of thoose 4 players it would be Jay Bruce without thinking twice.
I agree ... but there is always a degree of uncertainty when dealing with prospects.
* Some guys get injured (Ryan Anderson).
* Some guys are on their fourth team by the time they make the adjustement to the majors (Phil Nevin).
* Some guys never make the adjustment to the majors (Drew Henson, Sean Burroughs).
* Some guys get caught up in the party lifestyle and piss their talent away (very nearly Josh Hamilton).
* Some guys just go wonky in the head (Steve Blass, Mackey Sasser, Steve Sax, Rick Ankiel).
There is no such thing as a sure thing.