Re: BuckeyeRedleg's Down on the Farm stock report (non-pitchers)
Top Reds Prospects - stock report (non-pitcher)
1. Jay Bruce-OF (Hi A) .961 OPS.....age: 20.2....Stock: RISING....ETA: Sometime in 2008
2. Joey Votto-1B (AAA) .906 OPS.....age: 23.9....Stock: RISING....ETA: Any day now
3. Chris Valaika-2B/3B (Low A) .858 OPS.....age: 21.10....Stock: slight decline....ETA: Sept-2008
4. Juan Francisco-3B (Low A) .803 OPS.....age: 20.0....Stock: holding steady....ETA: 2010
5. Drew Stubbs-OF (Low A) .720 OPS.....age: 22.8....Stock: decline....ETA: 2009
6. Adam Rosales-UTIL (Hi A) .883 OPS.....age: 24.1....Stock: holding steady....ETA: 2008 (or never)
7. Justin Turner-OF (Low A) .836 OPS....age: 22.7....Stock: slowly rising....ETA: 2009/2010
8. Drew Anderson-OF (AA) .793 OPS....age: 24.4....Stock: holding steady....ETA: 2009 (or never)
9. Paul Janish-SS (AA) .709 OPS.....age: 24.8....Stock: holding steady....ETA: 2008 (or never)
10. Cody Strait-OF (AA) .694 OPS.....age: 24.0....Stock: holding steady....ETA: 2010
11. Chris Dickerson (AAA) .676 OPS (AA), .717 (AAA).....age: 25.2....ETA: Sept-2007
12. Daniel Dorn-OF (Hi A) .768 ops....age: 22.11....Stock: holding steady....ETA: 2010
13. Craig Tatum-C (Hi A) .808 ops....age: 24.3....Stock: rising....ETA: 2009 (or never)
14. Chris Heisey-OF (Low A) .732 OPS....age: 22.6....Stock: holding steady....ETA: 2010
15. Michael Griffin-3B (Hi-A) .777 OPS.....age: 23.8....Stock: rising....ETA: 2010
Devin Mesoraco and Todd Frazier will definitely pass Stubbs and join Bruce, Votto, Valaika, and Francisco at the top once signed. Zach Cozart, Brandon Waring, and Blake Stouffer will fall somewhere between Stubbs and the rest of the top 10 (once signed).
1. Joey Votto (AAA) .906 OPS.....age: 23.9....My 2006 adopted prospect is now crushing AAA pitching (as predicted) and should join the big club soon. Prior to 2007, career minor league OPS of .861 (2057 AB's).
2. Logan Parker (Low A) .703 OPS....age: 22.11....Needs a strong year in Dayton and a move up to Sarasota. Seems to be struggling big time, at the moment. Ripped it up in his first year (last year) in rookie ball (Billings) to the tune of a .949 OPS in 277 PA's.
Summary: Not much, but it doesn't take much to move a bat here anyway. Francisco's glove could put him here as well. Blake Stouffer might not be your prototypical 1B, but he can hit. Once signed, he'll be on this list.
1. Chris Valaika (Low A) .858 OPS.....age: 21.10....Can rake. Is not a SS. How about 2B or 3B? Either way, he heads up both positions due to his stick. Bat has cooled a tad the past few weeks. OPS of .907 in 307 PA's last year in Rookie ball (Billings).
2. Justin Turner (Low A) .836 OPS.....age: 22.6...."Red" is on fire and moved into top 10 list. Also now ahead of Anderson on 2B list. OPS of .922 in 261 PA's last year in Rookie ball (Billings).
3. Drew Anderson (AA) .793 OPS.....age: 24.4....At 24 in AA and with B. Phillips firmly entrenched with the big club for a few more years, there's probably not too much of a future. AAAA ceiling. Prior to 2007, career OPS of .729 (1118 AB's).
Summary: Where will Valaika end up? 3B or 2B? If he's a 2-bagger, well, a decision will have to be made in Cincy by 2009. B. Phillips may have priced himself out of town by then anyway.
1. Paul Janish (AA) .709 OPS.....age: 24.8....Good glove. Juan Castro-like ceiling. Will he ever try stepping onto the mound? Is his bat finally catching up to his glove? Prior to 2007, career OPS of .789 (861 AB's)
Summary: Zach Cozart should be making a splash here soon. A solid tour of the Rookie league should push him past Janish to the top of a thin SS pool.
1. Juan Francisco (Low A) .822 OPS.....age: 20.0....Possibly the Johnny Cueto Latin American feel good story of 2007. Exciting future.
2. Michael Griffin (Hi-A) .777 OPS.....age: 23.8....Has been heating up of late. Prior to 2007, career OPS of .689 (589 AB's).
Summary: Todd Frazier will leap everyone on this list once he has signed. Unless, he the 2nd coming of Cal Ripken, I see him at 3B as the 2nd coming of Scott Rolen. Brandon Waring will be up there as well.
1. Jay Bruce (Hi A) .961 OPS.....age: 20.2....What can I say? This kid is all dat. Prepare for his arrival. Prior to 2007, career OPS of .857 (636 AB's).
2. Drew Stubbs (Low A) .720 OPS.....age: 22.8....I'm a tad skeptical about the bat, but he's got a bit of everything else that will give him the opportunity. Grady Sizemore-lite ceiling. Only put up an OPS of .768 in 251 PA's last year in Rookie ball (Billings).
3. Cody Strait (AA) .694 OPS.....age: 24.0. Rated ahead of Dickerson based on age only. Prior to 2007, career OPS of .743 (1181 AB's).
4. Chris Dickerson (AAA) .676 OPS (AA), .730 (AAA).....age: 25.2....Recently promoted to AAA and starting to come around. Not great, but probably better than Norris Hopper, so has hope. Prior to 2007, career OPS of .759 (1385 AB's).
5. Daniel Dorn (Hi A) .768 OPS....age: 22.10....After slow start, tore it up in May. Lead team with OPS of 1.030 in 246 PA's last year in Rookie ball (Billings).
6. Chris Heisey (Low A) .732 OPS....age: 22.6....OPS of .762 in 275 PA's last year in hitter-friendly Pioneer League (Billings). Between last year and this year, has pretty much mirrored Stubbs at the plate.
6. B.J. Szymanski (Hi A) .729 OPS....age: 24.8....Makes first appearance on list. Starting to hit the ball.
Summary: If Stubbs is the real deal, an OF of Hamilton, Bruce, and Stubbs is looking pretty good by 2008-2009.
1. Craig Tatum (Hi A) .808 OPS.....age: 24.1....His glove buys him some time. If something better comes along in the meantime, so long. Prior to 2007, career OPS of .700 (620 AB's). Currently crushing the ball. Perhaps the draft was a wakeup call.
2. Eddy Rodriguez (Low A)....688 OPS....age: 21.6....Pretty much first action and only has 1000+ PA's so far. Got a late start and received only 20 PA's in Gulf Coast (Rookie) League last year out of U. of Miami.
Summary: Mesoraco will soon head this list, but watch out for Tatum. what has gotten into him? Hanigan is tearing up AA as well, leading the team in OPS. All of a sudden, the Reds system has some decent-hitting catchers.
Last edited by BuckeyeRedleg; 06-15-2007 at 12:27 PM.