Re: Joey Votto
1) Should he be up with the Reds now? No. While I believe Votto is ready to play at the big league level, it doesn't make much sense to bring him up until you can give him significant playing time. I'm OK with letting the Reds showcase Hatteburg for the time being and then bringing up Votto when Hatteburg is traded.
2) Who would you rather have at 1st base right now, Votto or Hatteberg? Hatteburg. While I'd rather see Votto playing 1B, it's important to maximize the return on Hatteburg and you can't do that with him riding the pine.
3) Are the Reds wasting their time trying him at LF? Yes.
4) What does Votto need to work on to become a better baseball player? Improve his D at 1B.
5) When is the latest date that you feel he will be with the Reds? Trade deadline.