Re: 101 things sports fans must experience
I've made it to nine on the list (roughly):
5. NCAA subregional. Had tickets for all the Dayton games last year. Michigan State, North Carolina, George Mason, Ohio State, Georgetown.... Absolutely fabulous basketball just 15 minutes from my house.
17. Michigan-Ohio State football. I've been to three of these; two in Columbus and one in that state up north. They were all during the '90's so they all had sad endings (for me at least).
22. Cubs game in the Wrigley bleachers. Been to Wrigley a handful of times. Never actually sat in the bleachers but sat next to them a couple times...close enough that I'm counting this one.
23. A game at Notre Dame. I've been there about 5 or 6 times. Saw the '95 ND-Northwestern game the year that NW won and came out of nowhere to win the Big 10 and go to the Rose Bowl. Was also at the 17-17 tie with Michigan in '92.
32. The Indy 500. Been to a lot of these, 10+.
34. MLB Opening Day. Been to 18 of these and counting.
53. Green Bay Packers game in the snow. It wasn't in the snow but I was at the GB-Cincinnati game the day that Don Majikowski got hurt and some kid named Favre came in and led the Packers to the victory. Another sad outcome for me.
87. "Monday Night Football". Been to one and after October 1 I will have been to three. I'm old, cranky, and very set in my ways...I much prefer a 1:00 Sunday start. Too much to plan around to go to a Monday Night game.
90. Little League game. Been to them, played in them.