- Still does a little work for the Nationals
- Olympic coaching
- Says MacKanin is doing a great job so far.
- Talks about how communicating with his players allows him to get to know them, and what buttons to push to get the most out of them.
- Feels a manager has to be honest to gain respect. He says he was probably too honest at times in his career with upper management.
- Feels the Reds need continuity at the manager posision...they should look in there system first (we've been there, Davey
- Says he would listen if the Reds called him about the job. He says under Marge there were some trying times, and some difficulty, but would listen if the new ownership wanted to talk. He says he was forced to hire Ray Knight as his "assistant manger" by Marge Schott, which was a first for him.
- He enjoys coaching USA baseball, because he gets to pick and build a team he wants. He likes the hands on approach he has now. It's not like that so much in the big leagues.
To me, it sounds like he's happy in his current situation, but is always open to conversations...