Re: Capping Off the Uniform: The Caps of Major League Baseball
I'll go against the grain.
I really like the new Toronto Hats. As opposed to the former cartoonish bird/maple leaf setup. I actually picked up one of their batting practice caps, the gray with new logo on it. I think it's pretty slick, myself.
So my top five
1. Giants - R/F Fan said it best - simple, understated
2. Dodgers - Same reasons as the
3. Old Milwaukee Brewers - the glove with the ball in the middle - a classic, should have never changed
4. Minnesota's T/C - When I figured out as a little boy what the T/C meant, I wanted to tell everyone.
5. Athletics - Absolute classic - plus the yellow and green is a great combo.
1. Dbacks/Rockies - Purple should not be a usable sports color. Ever.
2. Mets - You're a team that's 40 years old. Lets come up with a tradition that doesn't steal from others.
3. Nationals Batting Pratice caps- Should have used the Senators W. And they should have been called the Senators too, BTW. Hopefully new ownership sees this. Looks like a 10 year old spent 5 minutes in Photoshop and came up with the logo.
4. Reds Home hats - Just say no to black. The team is called the "Reds", for goodness sake.
5. Royals Home hats - Same reason as the Reds - Royal blue is just fine, no need to ruin it by adding useless black.